Jane's Diary

Hi crystal

He's probably safer on a compound tbh. Mind you, you only read bad things in the news and very rarely good things!

Daughter recovering well although still very sore. She thought she would be back a work by now! She now realises that when they said she would be off a minimum of 6 weeks they meant it. She's a bit of a workaholic (can't imagine where she gets that from).

I have no plans really today. I've just got out of the bath, I have to do a little bit of washing and I'm making a fish pie for tea. Might do some cutting back in he garden if the rain holds off. How about you, what are your plans?

Xx

Yep I'm definitely happier about him being in a compound, but you're right - you only ever hear about that bad stuff on the news :( Where he is isn't too bad but you know how things can change in places.

Today I went to the pool, had a swim and read my book. I love reading. I don't read as much as I used to since the internet came along :D I still try to read about a book a week/every two weeks.

Did you get out in the garden today? I spoke to my Mum and Dad just a little while ago and they said the weather had been quite nice in Edinburgh, makes a change of late!

Hope you've had a lovely day Jane - you got off to a good start I love the bath... champney's bath oil and a soak :) I'm easily pleased.
I ventured out on the pretense of buying my husband a birthday present.... errmmm came back with two tops from M&S and neither of them were mens :D Thought it was time to think about 'spring' clothes but as we were in the store it was thundering with hale-stones .

Pleased your daughter's on the mend and that she's not dashing back too soon it will be a relief for you all.
Hope the fish pie was yummy and you've had a lovely day.

Sue x

Hope you've had a lovely day Jane - you got off to a good start I love the bath... champney's bath oil and a soak :) I'm easily pleased.
I ventured out on the pretense of buying my husband a birthday present.... errmmm came back with two tops from M&S and neither of them were mens :D Thought it was time to think about 'spring' clothes but as we were in the store it was thundering with hale-stones .

Pleased your daughter's on the mend and that she's not dashing back too soon it will be a relief for you all.
Hope the fish pie was yummy and you've had a lovely day.

Sue x

I had a lovely day yesterday. Unfortunately, I was brought a massive box of thorntons. Not by my daughter, who was very good and bought me a lovely beach cover up, but by a couple who are considering buying a house over the road to us. It's similar to our house in layout but a little smaller so they contacted us to ask if they could look round ours. They are finding it hard to visualise as it's only just starting to come out of the ground. I was happy for them to call and their thank you was the chocolates :(

Unfortunately, I succumbed big time. I felt so ill afterwards, never again. Chocolates (or sugar) just does not agree with me. Mind you I enjoyed them at the time :D

As penance I went and swam 30 lengths this morning and now I'm knackered! Lol.

Xx

Btw sue, you are very naughty, don't do it again :D

I feel like doing some shopping but I'm resisting. I need to lose a stone first.

I've not felt like eating much today. I really hope I don't go up. Don't you find sometimes that you eat good things and don't lose weight, eat naughty things and you go down!

Crystal, hope you've had a good day. You'll be glad to know that there was a touch of frost on the grass this morning. I really, really, really need some warm/hot sunshine.

Xxx

Mornin Judi,

Sun is shinning in Bristol (office) hope it is with you :)

Morning Lynda Et al

It's lovely here today. No sun but still very pleasant.

Anyone have any idea how I can lose 2 lb by tomorrow:rolleyes: that's how much I'm up from my chocolates on Sunday! I didn't even eat that many :p

I'll have to really cut back today and hope for the best. I don't think one day will send me into starvation mode, although knowing me it will, and I'll put more on.

Xx

Walking (exercise), Scanbran (lots), water

Good luck

Hi Jane

Oh blow :sigh: how can that be.... maybe it's just a bit of a blip and next time on the scale you'll be - 2 lb :)
I never quite got to the grips with the scanbran - seen it on here but when I was at class nobody ever mentioned it, what's it like?

A lovely day here and a nice evening it's hubby's birthday so about to go out for tea :eek: I have been good today though so can't do too much damage surely....
My friend at work has downloaded app on her phone today to track everything she ate - changes your view of a mint humbug when you clock up 34 calories as soon as it's out of the wrapper.
Right girls have to dash - will try to choose wisely :innocent0001:

Bye for now

Sue

Morning Lynda Et al

It's lovely here today. No sun but still very pleasant.

Anyone have any idea how I can lose 2 lb by tomorrow:rolleyes: that's how much I'm up from my chocolates on Sunday! I didn't even eat that many :p

I'll have to really cut back today and hope for the best. I don't think one day will send me into starvation mode, although knowing me it will, and I'll put more on.

Xx

Hi Jane :)

If you find the answer to this can you leat me know?! I've been rubbish these last few days, can't get my head into SW or exercise at all :confused: I'm annoyed at myself!!

Anyway, tomorrow is another day.

Good luck for WI tomorrow, you never know, that 2lb might disappear over night! And even if it doesn't, I'm sure you're a fab Mum/Grandma so you deserved the chocs :D

Edit to add - I just read that you didn't get the chocs for Mothers Day but that doesn't matter! :D

Scan bran is the Devil's food! Urgh. I have three packets in my cupboard, bought in an over zealous moment. I've tried them twice in cakes, one being a carrot cake the other being a sort fruit/tea loaf. When cooked it seems to retain moisture and is cold wet and yucky at the bottom of the cake. I've tried cooking for longer, turning upside down to dry etc. but all to no avail. It'll get eaten one day:rolleyes:

I made lamb biryani for tea and it was lovely. The recipe was out of the curry slimming world cookbook. Hubby said I should make it again. we've just had our obligatory desert :D

My tummy is rumbling like mad, let's hope it's a precursor to something momentous :D

I know what you mean about exercise and diet Crystal, I'm feeling a bit that way. I've been so good and I can't believe what damage one little blip can do!

Xx

Hey sue! Hope you've been good :p

The ap your friend downloaded sound like myfitnesspal which I put on my iPad last week. It does seem pretty good. Needless to say I didn't fill it in on Sunday. According to the ap I should be losing about 2.5 to 3 lb a week, but I'm not! Swimming should have made up for 700 cals of chocolate, but it didn't! I blame the levothyroxine as I've just had my dose put up :)

Never mind, what will be will be.

Xx

It's a miracle, for I have syned and still lost 1/2 lb :D:D:D

Xxx

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Went out last night for a meal with friends. I drank water and black coffee and ate salmon with mixed seafood on a bed of rice with pea puree. It was ok but the calamari was like chewing rubber bands. Mind you I always think that and can't understand why people eat it!

This morning I ate some fruit and then went swimming. I did 30 lengths breast stroke. As a consequence, I've been falling asleep all afternoon. I'm sure you're supposed to get a high after exercise:rolleyes:

I ate more fruit when I got back in and had my morning coffee with skimmed milk.

Our evening meal was kheema curry out of the Indian cookbook with basmati rice. I also found a recipe on the web for spicy cabbage which was really tasty and very spicy. I was surprised it was so nice.

Supper will be our usual. I'll give you one guess :)

For now I'm curled up in front of a fire, it's lovely.

Xx

Evening Jane :)

Well done on the swimming, 30 lengths is fantastic! No wonder you wanted a sleep this afternoon!

Hmm, greek yoghurt and strawberries on the menu tonight by any chance?! Lol!

:clap: woo ooh must have been just thinking about scanbran that did it and yes it is that phone app - haven't downloaded it yet.

Well done you - I think the thyroid malarkey doesn't help, I'm struggling at the moment have been on 125 mg for ages but then told to reduce to 100 at the weekends, then it went too low - so back up again and now it's too high :banghead: I have felt better - palpitations now so don't think things are right - do you have a good endocrinologist? I'm just with the GP who is OK but I think it's all a bit trial and error.

Great on the swimming and what a lovely day..... have just realised that we lose an hour this week too - my weekend's suddenly got shorter :mad:
Fire sounds cozy -have a lovely day tomorrow

Sue x

Hi sue

I'm only on 50 mg levo at the moment. I have another blood test in about 3 weeks and then it should be put up. It's a pain in the backside but at least I know now why I gained weight so quickly about ten to 15 years or so ago. I'm sick to death of always being the fat one in family photographs and everyone thinking it's because I eat far too much. I've been adding my food to the iPad ap and I'm eating about 1,100 calories per day, which the ap says should be a 2 lb loss each week! I'm probably losing one if I'm lucky. If I added in exercise I should be losing about 2.5 to 3 per week!! (notwithstanding my big slip up last Sunday :D)

You'll have to try a higher dose every other day and see if that helps the palpitations. I'm on beta blockers because of my heart attack which is why my endo started me on a 25 mg dose. It'll be nice to wake one morning and feel wide awake and refreshed. I've forgotten what that's like! My endo was ok but has basically passed me back to my GP now. He did ask me if I thought I was depressed so that wound me up a bit. They should take more notice of symptoms and not tsh! My tsh has been anything from about 6 to 13 and they still question my hypothyroidism!! My doctors are not so good and it's not helped that I rarely see the same one twice. It would appear they are happy to treat everything but the root cause. At least they are doing what my endo asked for. I could rant all night :(

I'm off to my bed. I started to watch something on tv and fell asleep, missing the whole programme :)

Xx

:soapbox: I know - - TSH is only part of the jigsaw but the only bit Drs seem to care about.....:mad:
I'd like a bit of my get up and go back too and know just what you mean about the whole weight thing. I have been on cruises with gorgeous buffets but have never felt confident to have some of the lovely desserts at the buffet because I think people will judge me on the strength of it "no wonder she's the size she is...."

Anyway hope you had a good night, I do that too start watching TV and then drift off usually waking up 10 minutes before the end of a programme - hey ho.
Gorgeous day - well it is now the clouds have gone lets hope we have a lovely weekend. I have friends coming for supper tomorrow so there's a challenge, good job she confirmed with me today as I had thought it was the following week! Crisis averted :eek:

Bye for now

Sue x

Back