Jane's Diary

Driving around Cambridge today.

Breakfast: egg, mushrooms, toms, bran flakes and drop of milk on those.

In the car eating for no reason: two rocky road at 6 syns for both.

Just bought from sainsburys some diced pineapple so that'll do for lunch. I feel like eating it now but at 10.33 it's far too early. Maybe I'll have an apple instead. Sometime I get days when I just want to eat all day long! Today is one of those!!

Xx

Ive now eaten: 1 banana, 2 small plums and 1 apple. Will have my pineapple shortly.

I just feel like a sleep, it's warm and comfy in the car. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who cannot sleep when travelling. I need to be awake to tell husband every time I think he's eiher doing something wrong or going to crash!:eek::eek::eek:

Oh dear! Where to begin!

Well I ate my pineapple which was lovely and sweet. I felt so full afterwards.

For our evening meal we decided to venture out to a restaurant called The Lost Sock at Stow cum Quy near to Cambridge. We arrived into a dodgy looking carpark with odd socks in the tree stumps! We went in with some trepidation and were greeted by such a lovely atmosphere :) it was delightful. The food was sublime. I had a salmon and salad starter with a little dressing on it. I next had bobotie with boiled rice and salad. It was really tasty, so much so I'm salivating at the thought of it :D. So far so good!

I succumbed to chocolate cheesecake with watermelon. I gave the ice-cream it came with to hubby. I also had about 6 sips of red wine.

I reckon the bobotie may have had some syns and the cheesecake loads. Probably about 20 for the slice. I'll have to do a search on the Internet for syn values!!

This morning, in an endeavour to make up for my transgression, ive had fruit and zero fat Yog at 91 cals for the tub.
:) xx

Yesterday's food: fruit and Yog for breakfast. 2 Alpen light bars. I counted the Yog instead of milk although it might have been free anyway. I couldn't find the make online. It was 91 cals zero fat.

Velvet crisps 4 syns, plums, apple, banana.

Dinner: veg soup, I piece brown bread off a French stick. Pan fried salmon, pan fried veg and a little salad. I probably had too much oil/butter from the frying but I couldn't do much about that!

About 1 inch of red wine and a cup of black coffee.

I think that wax probably ok syn wise. We are driving home today so back to normality until we fly to America on Wednesday!

It's lovely to be back home:)

Breakfast at the hotel: bran flakes with a little milk plus melon and pineapple.

An Alpen light bar at 3 syns

As soon as I got home at lunch time I went out shopping for breakfast food. All my family are coming round tomorrow for brunch. I was out for about four hours! Marks and sparks has a lot to answer for!

Snack. Pack of velvet crunch crisps at 4 sins, Yog free and chocolate drink 2 syns.

Evening meal: mixed leaf salad plus ham and some lighter than light Mayo. Banana and banana yogurt.

I'm about to have one more drink and then it's off to bed. I'm shattered.

Good night x

Yesterday was so hectic. Daughter and my father share July 9th as their birthday. Dad was 81 and daughter 31. Time flies. Anyway we decided to do a family brunch at my house. Everything we cooked was fine for Sw until it came to the cake! Family had full cooked breakfast, toast, marmalade, Danish pastries, bucks fizz etc. I had the full cooked breakfast with low fat 1/2 syn sausages. Then we brought the birthday cakes out. A chocolate one for dad and a big iced sponge for daughter. Well I won't elaborate but they were both delicious :D

Today I've been good to try and make up for my transgression! Porridge with muller and raspberries ( made with water). Salad, cottage cheese and ham. One chocolate drink with squirty cream and one pack of velvet crunch so that's 7 syns
Total. I also ate some cherries, bananas and a muller banana Yog.

I'm supposed to be going to get weighed tomorrow night as I can't make my usual Wednesday morning. We'll be on a plane. I have actually booked a hol so could get out of going if necessary. I shouldn't really though!

Time for bed to dream of what I'm packing. I make mental lists but never stick to them. I ended up with only two tops in Malta and in Cambridge last week I ran out of knickers and had to buy more. I think it's old age creeping in.

Good night x

Well I didn't go and I've just eaten some toast! I've ordered a low cal meal on the plane so that'll make up for it. I've no idea how my Internet access will be so if I don't get on I'll return a week on Sunday.

Xx

Well we are here in America safe and sound. Cannot list what I've eaten ...... Suffice it to say it's bad! Just came into the hotel bar to get a diet tonic and all they had in diet drinks was coke or tap water. Don't know if I can drink the water so went out and hunted down some bottled water. Anyway I'm off to bed... My body clock is saying 2.45 a.m. But the time here is 21.35!

Xx

A good day so far food wise.

Breakfast was raisin bran which to all intents and purposes was sultana bran with skimmed milk. I'm not sure if that's acceptable as a healthy extra because of the raisins. I didn't have much but I'll check on line just in case.

Lunch was a fruit platter of pineapple, two different melon and grapes served with a zero fat strawberry yogurt which was 60 cals for the pot. Apart from that I've only drunk water and two decaf coffees with skimmed milk.

It's been very hot here today, it's lovely :)

Xx

Well that was interesting! Salad plus corn chowder to start. Looked a bit creamy but I think it was ok. Only a small portion. Then I opted for salmon with a raspberry crust. I asked for no potatoes as they were sauted in garlic butter. Instead I got extra veg, again sauted with a few peanuts thrown in for good measure. The salmon had a crumb crust with squirts of raspberry on top which look like red ice-cream stuff! I scraped it off for safety re syns. I finished off with fresh fruit and a decaf coffee with skimmed milk.

I think the food here is more quantity than quality! Hopefully, it was ok.

We called in to the local convenience store an I bought two bottles diet coke caffeine free and two bananas, that's tomorrow's lunch sorted.

Time for bed as it's 21.25 here but 2.30 am at home.

Xx

Breakfast was porridge, melon and pineapple.

Lunch was two small bananas, two plums. A peach and an apple. Plus two coffees with skimmed milk.

I think I need to cut back on the fruit, it has had a dramatic effect :D

It's much easier at home. I could just do with a nice Sw meal!

Out to dinner tonight. Goodness knows what I'm going to eat!

Xx

We've had our meal. It's not easy in American restaurants to diet! They served lovely hot bread with a garlic, herb and olive oil dip. I'm afraid I couldn't resist and had four small pieces. They were probably about French stick sized thickish pieces. I then had pasta with a tomato, basil and olive oil sauce with chicken. There idn seem to be much oil on it. I also ate a green salad with balsamic vinegar. I finished with a small taste of my husband's chocolate desert and a black coffee.

I've not eaten much else all day so, hopefully, all will be ok syn wise!

It'd be lovely to be naturally thin and not have all this faffing around with food :D

Hi to anyone who takes the time to read my ramblings.

Today I had eggbeaters made into scrambled egg. Made With Real Eggs: A Healthier & Tasty Egg Substitute | Egg Beaters. It tasted ok. Americans have some weird stuff! It was served with two slices of brown toast so I've counted that as my HE. Iv also had three coffees with skimmed milk. We are just off out for something to eat so I'll report back later.

Xx

Just typed in a lengthy message and then lost it.

Here's the short version:

Hot bread dipped in oil and balsamic ....two small pieces and it was divine.
Lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, grated carrot, declined any dressing.
Bolognese with pasta ribbons which came ready covered in cheese.....think it was ok though as not had much milk today.
One small glass of red wine mmmmmmmmm lovely.
Black coffee (didn't dare have anymore dairy)

Having had a reasonably light breakfast with no lunch I think I'm ok Sw syn wise for the day.

Ps just ate two chocolate coins which were on my pillow....it was a moment of madness but very nice all the same xx

we're off to alton towers tomorrow, i'm going to have to plan very carefully or i could blow it with all the temptation

Hi bobtheblob.

Take something with you just to be on the safe side. It's so hard if you are out with children and they want all the lovely fattening food! Have a good breakfast too, that'll hopefully stop some hunger pangs.

Finally, think how good it will be to go on all the rides without fear of being unable to fit in the seat! Good luck :)

Last edited:
Hi Jane, hope you're having a lovely hol!

Sorry I haven't been around much, with hubby being home we've been busy with one thing and another. Will catch up with you properly soon xxxx

That's ok crystal. I'm glad all is ok. I missed you :)

Xx

Today's food: banana, raisin bran, two zero fat 60 cal pots of yogurt, peach, four coffees with skimmed milk.

Beef steak (it was so big I couldnt eat it all! All sauces were on the side so i had none. Broccoli, baked potato with no butter. Lettuce, toms, cucumber, chopped egg, few chickpeas. Small bowl seafood chowder. It was very watery with veg and fish in it so I reckon it was zero syns.

One chocolate coin :)

All in all a pretty good day food wise. It's been cloudy all day but I've still managed to burn a little.. I'd describe it as a healthy glow. Hubby in meetings for the next five days and then we fly home. I'm planning a day out doing an Amish tour, possibly on Wednesday. Trouble is I'll be on my own and it's much more fun doing things with hubby. Time for bed I think. It's only just gone 8 here but my body clock is telling me it's uk time I.e. Just gone 1 am.

Goodnight xx

Back