Jane's Journey

I have been good all week then it happened....,. I went to pick my mum up from her chemo session and whilst I was waiting I started getting palpitations couldn't catch my breath and thought I was going to faint. I was getting a racing heart all day and ignored it but my mum was concerned and asked the Dr to take a look at me ecg pulse rate etc asked lots of questions about stress and have I been eating properly....I lied and said I had....I have been on exante since June and the first 12weeks I was 100% and not once had this so why now if it's to do with what I'm eating? I felt better and promised to get it checked with my gp I came home and had a sandwich and crisps oops! Not sure how to tackle my eating. I so want to get to goal and think 100% is the quickest route not sure what to do?

Ooooh hun, that's not good... In no way is this professional advice so I'll just throw done ideas around in my usual rambling way...

Could it have been a panic attack coz you were worried about your mum?

I know where you're coming from with wanting to get to goal sooner rather than later, but 12 weeks really is a long time to be 100% chick, I know we all generally ignore the 4 week thing as it's because we're not supervised, but I think if you have a look at the Cambridge forums they do have to have a food week at week 12 - I'm assuming there's a reason for this...

I really would consider doing a good week lovely... In the grand scheme of thing it's only one week where you might STS or have a teeny tiny gain, but you have to weigh that against your health...

Or you could seek advice from someone who actually knows what they're talking about lol!! :)

We're all here for you whichever you decide x

I have come to a decision one I have thought about and wrestled with but have decided to have a break. The last 5 months I have lost 3 and a bit stone and feel very proud of that but I think my body is telling me enoughs enough. I'm going to 5:2 until Jan I know I can maintain doing that and hopefully in the new year I can get my head back in it to lose the last 11lbs. Hair loss stress and now heart palpitations I think I need to ease up and relax for a while (not go off the rails) eat healthily as I never want to be that weight again. I will keep that photo of me in America on my fridge if I start faltering lol thanks for all your support everyone is doing amazing and hope to see you all in January x

I have come to a decision one I have thought about and wrestled with but have decided to have a break. The last 5 months I have lost 3 and a bit stone and feel very proud of that but I think my body is telling me enoughs enough. I'm going to 5:2 until Jan I know I can maintain doing that and hopefully in the new year I can get my head back in it to lose the last 11lbs. Hair loss stress and now heart palpitations I think I need to ease up and relax for a while (not go off the rails) eat healthily as I never want to be that weight again. I will keep that photo of me in America on my fridge if I start faltering lol thanks for all your support everyone is doing amazing and hope to see you all in January x

Good luck jane, I'm actually going to join you. Have had a long hard think today and my weight really is starting to take over my life. My sister told me this morning I was obsessed, and you know what, she's right. I've lost 4 stone this year and I need a break to hopefully stop me obsessing. I think I'll start a new thread on the 5:2 forum, maybe, but that also means I'll probs just obsess over that too so I'm undecided at the minute. Good luck and I hope you let us know how you're doing still x

I think doing 5:2 is a sensible idea Jane particularly as you have been TSing for so long.

You may find you still loose a bit anyway as long as you eat healthily x

You have done so well! 5:2 is a great diet - you haven't got much left to lose and should be able to lose 1-2lbs a week. Good luck!

Well I'm back! unfortunately half a stone heavier but I have probably eaten my weight in food the last couple of weeks... I have decided to TS for the next 13 days up to xmas eve (we have family round then). I'm not usually for the quick bursts on this diet but I know if I dont gain control now it wont be 17lbs to go but 27lbs to go after xmas!

I have no more social engagements until xmas eve and plan to be off it for 3 days over xmas so there is nothing stopping me. It feels kinda good taking a stance.

I thought coming on here and laying my challenge down would make me determined not to fail so here goes.....

Day 1 of 13
Todays Weight 12st 10.5lbs eek!
Loss Today 0lbs
Total loss 0lbs

Good luck to everyone!

Well I'm back! unfortunately half a stone heavier but I have probably eaten my weight in food the last couple of weeks... I have decided to TS for the next 13 days up to xmas eve (we have family round then). I'm not usually for the quick bursts on this diet but I know if I dont gain control now it wont be 17lbs to go but 27lbs to go after xmas! I have no more social engagements until xmas eve and plan to be off it for 3 days over xmas so there is nothing stopping me. It feels kinda good taking a stance. I thought coming on here and laying my challenge down would make me determined not to fail so here goes..... Day 1 of 13 Todays Weight 12st 10.5lbs eek! Loss Today 0lbs Total loss 0lbs Good luck to everyone!

I'm sure that half stone will be gone in no time and you should be clear in the 11s if you manage 13 days TS.

You can do it and if you feel like giving up just come post! :)

Good luck!

Day 2 of 13
Start Weight 12st 10.5lbs
Todays Weight 12st 7lbs
Loss Today 3.5lbs
Total loss 3.5lbs

So 3.5lbs off since yesterday and no cravings yay! Thankfully I was very busy last night running around so didn't have much time to sit and think about food. Feeling positive and only 12 days until xmas eve!

The site is very quiet except for a few of you determined ones well done for sticking around at this time of year when it would be so easy to say sod it until the new year.

Day 3 of 13
Todays Weight 12st 6.5bs
Loss Today 0.5lbs
Total loss 4lbs

Half a pound today going in the right direction that's the main thing!

That's a great loss in 3 days!

Well done! :)

Day 4 of 13
Todays Weight 12st 6.25bs
Loss Today 0.25lbs
Total loss 4.25lbs

Even less today! TOTM made an appearance yesterday so I'm guessing that's slowed things down for a bit typical! Keep pushing with 9 days to go!

Day 5 of 13
Todays Weight 12st 6.25bs
Loss Today STS
Total loss 4.25lbs

This is painfully slow! I have always done reasonably well in the first week of a restart I can only assume I'm retaining water as I have been 100%. Mother nature has a lot to answer for! Oh well keep plodding I guess 9 more days to go

Day 6 of 13
Todays Weight 12st 4.25bs
Loss Today 2lbs
Total loss 6.25lbs

2lbs off today thats more like it! Only 2 more pounds and I'm back to my lowest desperately want to break into the 11's by next week fingers crossed

Day 7 of 13
Todays Weight 12st 4.25bs
Loss Today STS
Total loss 6.25lbs

Had an egg last night oops! Just needed a little extra. A week to go and I need to shift 4lbs to my next goal of 3 and a half stone gone. Fingers crossed

I'm back......FOR THE LAST TIME! Never quite went to plan over xmas all good intentions blah blah... To scared to get on the scales but feel tighter around the middle so starting TS today and will weigh on my normal Thursday. This is really the last time I'm restarting and have bought enough to last me until the end of January and hoping to lose the last stone by then. If not then switching to healthy eating until I get to goal. I have bought a really good secondhand treadmill as mine went up the creek a couple of months ago so can really get back to running.....I have all the tools and my wedding is less than 16 weeks away so no excuse to stay focused....I will do this and I have decided not to daily weigh as it was determining my mood so much, so Thursdays it is.

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck Jane. Seems like this is the last year of restarts for a lot of us! xx

Good luck, Jane. I restarted on Thursday. You will be at your goal well before your wedding xxx

Hi Jane, welcome back. no better incentive than your wedding so I'm sure you will reach goal before then x

Thanks everyone I'm going to do my hardest. Wedding dress should be here in February and I'm hoping it will need taking in as it won't be able to be let out!

Back