janey's diary

Hi Janey I just wanted to say well done on the weekend, it sounds as though you did just fine, especially as you really could have gone for it lol!!

I have really enjoyed reading through your diary and I wanted to say thank you for writing it as you've given me lots of ideas of meals and snacks to have (I am a newbie to SW, today is only day 5). Your diary makes really interesting reading, it is motivational and helpful and I think a diary is an excellent way to keep on track so well done. You have inspired me to start my very own diary yay!

Keep going hun you're doing so well xx

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your support, its little notes like this that keep me going, you've given me a very warm felling this morning x x

Another morning dawns, feeling a bit more positive today, although it's WI day so don't know how long that feeling will last.

I'll keep it a short one today x x

B - 2 weetabix, punnett of strawberries (yes a whole one!)
L - Mug shot tomato pasta one, banana, yogurt
D - chilli and jacket potato's, mini milk (chocolate of course!)

S - Apple, orange, pears and loads of water.

I'll pop back later and update on WI.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your support, its little notes like this that keep me going, you've given me a very warm felling this morning x x

awww what a sweet message (and thanks for the rep - wow!)

good luck for WI - can't wait to hear how you did.

xx

I am starting to find things tough at the minute cause I'm feeling a bit low and that is when I tend to cave in and eat pizza and bread and all the things that make me feel good in the moment. I know that it will only make me feel worse in the long run, but this is so hard.

janey if you want pizza try this - it's guilt free :)

firstly - let me just say i HATE smash! ...and i posted on a while ago saying that my consultant said i could have free pizza!!! ... using SMASH as a base. well i love her to death now because she did it, i tried it out of politeness, expecting to gag when chewing and i eat me words - it was LOVELY!!! i swear to god you can't taste potato...not that SMASH tastes of potato anyway!!

it's free on a green day too - FREE PIZZA! this diet is going to be so much easier now that i can eat the forbidden!

FREE PIZZA RECIPE
  • 1 x bag of SMASH (apparently the cheaper the make the better, so will try it with smartprice instant mash soon)
  • tomato puree
  • any cheese(s) from health extras
  • oregano and basil
  • any toppings such as onion, mushroom, sweetcorn, even quorn fajita strips!
  1. pre-heat the oven and put a pizza tray in to warm up.
  2. put SMASH into a bowl and slowly add water - make it as thick as possible...could always add some herbs to the base or some garlic.
  3. take pizza tray out of oven and spray with fry-light.
  4. using your hands spread SMASH out onto the pizza tray, but don't press down too hard....try and get it around 4mm. The thinner and crispier the better!
  5. put in the oven for 7-10 minutes
  6. take out of oven, turn SMASH base over and put back in over for a further 7-10 minutes to crisp the other side.
  7. remove from oven and leave to cool.
  8. bung all other ingrediants on and finish off under the grill until the cheese melts.
  9. eat the whole bloody thing to yourself! :eatdrink012:

hi janey.ive really enjoyed reading your diary:).
good luck for you weigh in today:D
emma.xxxx

That pizza sounds incredible! I will be trying that the weekend! thanks for all your support guys, you really keep me going. x x

Hi all, fab news at weigh in I lost 4.5 lbs got my stone award and I got slimmer of the week. Yey!!!!

It's all working well the SW plan, despite all the stresses in my life this last few weeks (and believe me they have been stressfull!!) I am still loosing weight, I am trying to put my weight loss ahead of all the other things going on as it's not a matter of money or career its a matter of my life. I have to keep remembering why I am doing this, if I don't do this I will die before my time it's as simple as that, my mother died in her 50's and so did her mother, both from weight related illnesses. I want to be around to see my boys grow up and have babies of thier own.

B - 2x weetabix, banana
L - sweet and sour mug shot, banana, yogurt
D - chilli on jacket potato with HEA cheese

S - apple, orange, pear, punnet of cherry tomato's

Have a good day folks. x x

well done janey, thats a fab loss!!! i attend my first slimming world class tomorrow night and i can't wait!

Hi folks not having a bad day today feeling fairly positive! for a change! I've lost a stone in a month so thats not bad going, I am aware I will prob not be able to keep that rate up for long but I'm gonna blinkin well try. She asked us at this weeks weigh in to give her an interim target so my target is to be under 20 stone by christmas so thats 4 stone 5lbs in almost 6 months, I know I'm pushing it but hey I rekon I could do it!!
I have now used up all of the food diaries the SW consultant gave me when I joined so I have bought a little note book to keep track of everything I'm eating, I am sure she would give me more diaries but I intend to keep writting everything down for a long while yet and I can hardly ask for a years worth!! LOL

I mean business todayxx

B - 2 x weetabix, banana
L - Sweet and sour noodle mug shot
D - home made salmon fish cakes with wedges and veg

S - Apple, orange, pears

Syns - did have three measures of vodka last night and I'll prob share a bottle of wine as I'm at my friends tonight.

Feels like ages since I posted last and it's only been a few days, this site really is addictive. Had an OK day today been looking for a cheap old car,I passed my test a few months ago and really want a car of my own. It's quite stressfull really every car I've called about has been sold already! feels like I'll never get one.
Any way moving on I've had a red day today but for the first time in ages I have not felt that hungry, wierd but good.

B - Bacon eggs mushrooms tomato's
L - Smoked salmon, rivita, light cream cheese
D - Steak potato wegdes, roast tomato

Syns vodka (too many!!)

night night xx

Hurray,

WI last night I lost another 3lbs, and got slimmer of the week again. !!! Chuffed isn't the word for it! I'm also buying my first car hopefully I'll be able to pick it up at the weekend so thats all good!
Really didn't think I'd loose so much this week as I have had a lot too eat and I really haven't felt deprived.

I tried the Pizza suggested here and it was a definite winner! will become a regular Saturday night treat for me. I'm out tonigh for a meal from work we're going to an Italian, I'm going to have stuffed mushrooms for a starter and a tomato and chilli based pasta and no desert. I'm going to allow 30 syns for this little lot as it's gonna be hard to syn properly as I'm not sure whats in it (oil etc.). What do you reckon? Anyone out there know the syn value for italian food? Help!!

B - weetabix, milk, banana
L - Mug shot, yogurt, banana,
D - Italian (see above)

S - Apple orange pears

when i went for an italian i had brushetta and counted the bread as a healthy extra b choice and the olive oil as another healthy extra b choice. i then had pasta with a tomato sauce - the only sins in that would have been some olive oil, so maybe 6 sins max. i avoided dessert and don't drink alcohol so i was well within my limits that day.

you know what's good and bad on the plan - so my only advise is choose wisely ;)

Well done Janey, you're doing really well.

Mug shots - do they fill you up? are they free? xxx

hi louise,

yep mug shots are free!!! but only the noodle ones or the tomato pasta ones though. they do fill me up, but then I do tend to have a yogurt and a banana at lunch too.

thanks mod-karen, I did pretty much as you suggested! so fingers crossed for weigh in on wednesday.

Had an OK day today, although I found out I can't collect my car till Monday now so not happy :-(

I know its daft but I'm being a big kid about this really!! I want my own car and I want it now!!!

I was good yesterday and only used 4 syns for vodka. But I having a girls night in tonight, which is a bit like a girls night out but cheaper.!

So today:
B - weetabix, banana
L - mug shot, banana, yogurt
D - jacket potato, baked beans and cheese

S - apple, orange, pear,2 x alpen light bars
lots of vodka and diet coke, (will prob have about six).

Hi all,

Not been on for a while new car to play with keeping me busy!!

WI last night I only lost 1lb I was not impressed, I suppose I should be pleased a loss is a loss as they say but I am dissapointed I can't lie I was hoping for at least 2lbs.

I have said all along that when I get to the point when things start slowing down is when I'm going to stuggle. I have so much weight to loose that if I only loose 1lb a week it'll take me forever. I was aiming to be at target in around 20 months, maybe that's unrealistic. I'm just a bit fed up at the minute.

thanks dancing, I know I'm just being silly but I can't help it!! x x

Morning all feeling a bit better today, although I have a bit of a question I'm having a red day tomorrow as going to a works BBQ in the evening but as I don't nomally do red days I'm a bit stuck for ideas for lunch. It needs to be a packed lunch as no facilities at work. All suggestions greatfully received. x x

Back