January 2009 - Starters

We're not all so close Daisy :sigh:. I still have almost 59lb to lose. And at recent rates of 1 and 1.5lbs a week it's going to take me forever. Feeling a bit disheartened, but using some CBT/TA to try and put some positive thinking in place.

Daisydoll - wk 22 -2lb off -59lbs total - 5 to go
Emveg - W14.5 - 5.5lb off - 58.5lb lost - 0lb to lose!!!
Foxtrot - Week 19 - 1lb in RTM ....12lb to go
JaneyB- wk5 RTM- 46lbs lost 4lb below target.
JazzyB W12 -3lbs off 49lbs lost 0lb to go
JessicaL - wk2 RTM - 1lb off - 60lbs total - 6lb to go
Louale - W17 - 3.5 - 49total - 45.5lbs to lose
sansukh--wk21--STS-lost 3 stone and feeling good
Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 6 - 4lbs - 112lbs total 22lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 16 - 5lb - 46lbs total -35lbs to loose
SIIM - Refreshers- 5.5lbs - 43lbs total -90lbs to lose
Susianna - wk 21 - 0.8lb- Total - 63lbs -19.8 to go
thin_inside - wk 20 - 1lbs off - 73.5lbs total - 58.5lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 22 - 2lbs off - 63lbs total - 4lbs to lose

Well done Susiana, Becks, Westie and Jessica. Lovely to see people being successful and heading towards their goals and/or sticking with the RTM. xx

T_I you have lost 73lb!!!
you are so much closer thanyou were 20 weeks ago
your BMI isn't far off 30 -its lower than mine was to start with

yes its rubbish when you have low losses, but you know that everything can change suddenly with LL and next week it could just as easily be 5lb off as long as you stick to it

Don't get disheartened, in another few weeks you will have sped into the healthy weight range - by christmas you will be positively svelte (i like that word!)

chin up
daisy x

T_I you have lost 73lb!!!
you are so much closer thanyou were 20 weeks ago
your BMI isn't far off 30 -its lower than mine was to start with

yes its rubbish when you have low losses, but you know that everything can change suddenly with LL and next week it could just as easily be 5lb off as long as you stick to it

Don't get disheartened, in another few weeks you will have sped into the healthy weight range - by christmas you will be positively svelte (i like that word!)

chin up
daisy x

Thanks Daisy. I know I'm doing fine, really I do. I have a blog on another site where I have analysed what the causes might be and set out the changes I can make. Principally more water and exercise. Fingers (or will it be legs :rolleyes:) crossed for next week.

i think maybe my slow loss is due to me not drinking enough water
i think i do about 2.5l a day of peppermint tea and then what i have in 2 shakes.
i know it says 2.5 is ok, but saying it used to be 4 plus shakes then its possibly not enough - but i can't risk going to the loo more when i am at work and i like sleeping through the night without getting up to wee, so i'm sticking with it!

will keep everything crossed for you next week
daisy x

I think this time of year lots of people have slow losses because of temperature changes - the heat causes water rentention.

TI, I agree with Daisyy, you have achieved so much and just think about how losing every week feels compared to the rollercoaster of a "traditional" diet where some weeks you actually gain. That's why I always failed at those diets because I got so disheartened :(

Daisy, I'm struggling with water too because of work. I'm having to make up in the evening but sometimes it's hard :(

Sending hugs TI .... I completely understand that it must feel like you still have a long way to go but OMG you have lost over 5 stone!!!

You have done amazingly so far on your journey and I know that you will continue to do so and get to your goal .... and we are all still here for you!

I can't imagine I will get to goal by the end of RTM as it seems harder to get a loss the further through RTM you are so I will still be here for a good while yet.

Keep at it and fingers crossed the water and excercise will produce a nice big loss this week to help reknew your motivation!

x

God I've not done this for so long, sorry guys.

Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 6 - 4lbs - 112lbs total 22lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 20 - 2lb - 51lbs total -30lbs to loose

Hugs TI. I know how you feel and I still feel a bit like that now. I still think that I have such a long way to go, especially when I look at myself with no clothes on with that critical eye!! But when I think of what I have lost so far and how much I have left to loose, that really cheers me up as I am now over half way and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I bet you feel so good after loosing 5 stone even though you still have a bit more to loose. The benefits you will be reaping now will be massive I'm sure. Keep your chin up TI, you're doing so well x x

hi
decided this morning to start RTM today!
i can see ribs at the top of my chest which isn't nice, even tho i still have fat round my tummy and legs i want to shift.

it means its a couple of weeks early, but i'm about 8stone 9lbs now which i reckon is a healthy weight for me and if i end up here after RTM i will be happy.

wish me luck
Daisy x
very excited, but nervous too
wish me luck!

hi
decided this morning to start RTM today!
i can see ribs at the top of my chest which isn't nice, even tho i still have fat round my tummy and legs i want to shift.

it means its a couple of weeks early, but i'm about 8stone 9lbs now which i reckon is a healthy weight for me and if i end up here after RTM i will be happy.

wish me luck
Daisy x
very excited, but nervous too
wish me luck!

:wavey: Good Luck Daisy!! :dooney:

I know you have made the right decision and will do well on RTM. Looking forward to reading about your progress. xx

Daisy, Westie, Susianna and Becks - Thank you so much for the fantastic support. It's lovely to know you are all here encouraging me to do well. xx

Hey T_I, keep positive. As others have said 5 STONE is an amazing loss - I bet if someone had offered you that loss in January you would have been overjoyed! Focus on the positive, and take each day at a time. The losses WILL continue, you WILL reach goal - don't dwell on what the rest of us are doing, LL is a very PERSONAL journey, be self-centred for a couple more months and you'll be fine and thin.

So my WI on Wednesday and a STS - which is my first non-loss since starting on 2 January. Mixed emotions as I don't reallt 'need' to lose any more and an aiming on stabilising weight now but it does feel odd not to see the number going down - some people are never happy!

Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 7 - STS - 112lbs total 22lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 20 - 2lb - 51lbs total -30lbs to loose

You're all doing sooo well and this is especially including you TI!!! And it's all such a long, long way in a short time really. Keep your spirits up. xx

Good luck on the RTM Daisy. You can actually put into practice those things you've been sneak reading at the top of the forum now! Enjoy!!!

Well I don't know if I'm coming or going for the moment. We arrived back from hols today after an interesting week! Of the 8 of us who went for a meal out on the Monday, 6 of us ended up with the raging dodgy tums by Tuesday! Just about started to eat again by Friday, with more than a bit of trepidation and avoiding the meat, luckily the veg were rather nice, but the Imodium and antiseptic stuff we had to take has thoroughly blocked the tubes since then too! I am not going anywhere near the scales until things are a little more back to normal. I'm still carrying half of Morocco with me! Well it feels like it anyway and I'm a bit nervous about taking something for the other way. Could really mess things up here.:copon::rolleyes:

Hope the next week is good for you all. I'm just hoping mine will be flushed with success. :p

F-T sorry to hear that you have been suffering, hope you are soon feeling back to normal!
daisy c

You're all doing sooo well and this is especially including you TI!!!

Aw thanks FT. I know, really. Just my head doesn't always believe it. I'm working on corrective actions ;).

Of the 8 of us who went for a meal out on the Monday, 6 of us ended up with the raging dodgy tums by Tuesday!

So sorry for you - I know how much you were looking forward to the hols. Hate it when that sort of thing happens.

Hope the next week is good for you all. I'm just hoping mine will be flushed with success. :p

I'm sure you will relax and let go of things before your wi. :) Hope it all sorts itself out very quickly.

xx

Thanks for the wishes. I'm feeling fine, if a little washed out, but still nothing is moving. Lots of gurgling though!!!!:eek:

Westie, I think I will be going back but my classes are on Sundays and this Sunday I'm up to my eyeballs. I think the one after will be on though just as an 'official' marker point if anything. I'd still like to lose the extra stone but tummy needs to be A1 for that to start with. :)

Back