January 2009 - Starters

louale

Silver Member
Hiya All you January 09 Starters,

Would it be worth adding your start dates, and adding to them when we get confirmation, that way we can see who's likely to be starting around the same day, week as us.

I'll start then lol! and then maybe you can copy and paste your start date too, that way we get to see how many of us there are:

Louale - 5 Jan 09 Goal - 6.5 stones loss

Louale x

Last edited:

Daisydoll - 6 jan 09 Goal - 3.5 stones loss

Gary girl forever - 7th jan 09 Goal - 5 stones loss

Emma xxx

Somewhere... - 5 Jan 09 Goal 10 stones loss

Emveg - 8th Jan - 4.5 stone loss

Emveg - 8th Jan - 4.5 stone loss

SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - 5 stone to loose

EDIT: Hello SexyBeck - I don't think I've "spoken" to you before. So welcome to the best journey of our lives!!

Right - lets get this Jan thread a haven for all us starters. I think this forum can be a key support for us - and I hope to be able to support all you ladies as much as I can!!!

Sorry I've been a bit absent - it was my birthday yesterday, and was sorting out last of the xmas bits and bobs before that.

I got WiiFit yesterday from my OH - and it gave me a different weight/bmi that I thought I had. I haven't weighed since deciding to join LL as I was convinced I had been eating my way up a stone! However, just checking on my home scales after the WiiFit I've actually lost just over half a stone!!

It's ridiculous really, but looking back over the past month or so, I have been eating the "bad food" but not nearly as often. I've been stopping when full more - and as I've been starting to drink a little more water each week to prepare myself - not snacking or drinking fizzy drinks. It must be what is doing it..

Anywho.. at first it made me ummm and ahhh whether I should do LL OR could I do it on my own. But, I know I would "get bored and give up" within a week or two and I really am doing this for me, and me alone.

Hows everyone else doing?

hi emveg
i have been going the opposite way - eating far more crap than normal, i have no idea why. Im just frustrated at having to wait for 2 more weeks to get started.
i reckon i will be half a stone heavier than when i joined up at my start date.
but, i am sorting my head out in othere ways - planning things to do in the evenings to stop me eating, planning ways to stay ontrack on friends birthday dos which are coming up.

can't wait for the new year
daisy x

Hi Em - a belated happy birthday!
I was (note past tense!) doing ok at cutting back, but now in full "eat drink and be merry for in January I diet" mode...
Sharon x

Hi All, Thank you for being so welcoming. I haven't had much chance to post/read much recently but know I will be a regular visitor once I start LL. I am sooooo looking forward to it but I am the same as some of you. Since I decided I was going to do LL my good diet went right out of the window and the bad diet has crept in. I know I need to stop it at least a couple of weeks before LL as I don't want the carb withdrawal to be as bad as some people have reported.

I have also had a few arguments with my OH as he thinks that this diet is so drastic. I don't, i think it is the next logical step after doing both WW then SW, it is better than surgery after all. At least I know I can stop this if it really makes me feel that ill. He thinks I am going to die!! Talk about over exaggeration!!!

I know it works as my sister is in her 16th week and has lost over 4 stone and looks great. I'm sure if she can do it I can. My mum is also joining in Jan but in a different group. I will get her signed up for this forum too as I know she will need more support as well.

Hope everyone has a great xmas and you don't put on too much weight. Speak to you all soon x x
P.S. Sorry it's a long one x

Get used to feeling welcome in general on this board. I already see this as an invaluble support network and I haven't even started yet.

Well ... Christmas is over for another year. I'm pretty happy as I got £60 River Island vouchers, £50 Dorothy Perkins, and £50 to spend where I want to use during LL or even to get a pair of Jeans I aim to fit into!!

I am getting my scrap book in the sales in a couple of days and start it going. And I've decided to re-start my own diary on here to just jot everything down as I feel it from next week.

I'm viewing this as the most important step I've taken for a long, long time - And I am going to do as much in my power to help myself along. Todays vouchers just envigorated that.

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to start in January too .... only just e-mailed the LL counsellor so I don't know if I have left it too late.

I think it depends on how many people the LLC already has "signed on" and when she has her next group starting.

Fingers crossed though. What are you aiming to lose?

TWO WEEKS TO GO FOR ME!!!!

I have a target of losing 70 pounds which would take me to 140. It seems daunting at the moment but I am determined to give it a try!

I just set up a sliding scale for my signature... the right hand side seems a long way off!

I have a target of losing 70 pounds which would take me to 140. It seems daunting at the moment but I am determined to give it a try!

I just set up a sliding scale for my signature... the right hand side seems a long way off!

It might seem like a long way off now, but once you start you'll be surprised at just how quickly it moves :D

Won't be long now

Good luck ladies,
I am sure starting LL will be a positive move for you. Nice to see that nobody has decided over Christmas not to go for it.
When I look back to this time last year I have a new life and attitude towards it now.
LL has turned my life around completely. i can't believe I am able to say that 2 days after Christmas, but it's true.
Good luck everyone for 2009.
xxx

thanks slendablenda
i was looking at your before and after pics - you have done great!
i can't wait to get started!!!
daisy x

:wave_cry:hi guys
im starting my ll in january as well. im a bit scared about the side effects, dont really want to lose my hair os im a bit hasitating to be honest

ol:):break_diet::8855::p

Back