January 2009 - Starters

Glad it all went well to those that had their meeting last night... I remember mine like it was yesterday (it REALLY does go so fast in hindsight, remember that!)... how did your find your first shakes of the day? What did you opt for? :)

Just for the record I'm declaring my goal on here so I can feel 'a part' of it as an honourary Jan starter!! Hehe....

Annaphylactic - 24lbs to lose - 0lbs lost far

... so I should be here for three quarters of your time on Foundation :) No escaping the 'Phylactic! Mwahahahahahaha...

A xxxx

Good luck with your goal Anna!

The first shake went down very well actually. I had banana and mixed it with a hand stick blender which did a fab job so will defo continue doing that. I would probably make it a bit less thick next time but it was very nice.

Just trying to get through he water and have managed almost 1.5 ltrs quite easily. Hubby has just made me a cup of Peppermint tea (we both work from home) but i'm not sure if I can stomach that...smells weird!

How's everyone else getting on then????

Mmmm, Banana shakes are the best (well, one of them!) - I like them warm too - it's like custard... it's all down to finding the optimum amount of water - sometimes too gloopy, other's to 'thin'...

Glad it went ok - I've become a bit of a peppermint tea fiend... never used to like any 'weird' teas, but it's so good! :) x

after two cups you will get a taste for it, i was the same i could not stand the minty taste or smell for that matter. You can have green tea also if that helps

Congratulations to every body who started yesterday, some good thoughts coming here.
Sending some positive vibes to all of you and also those starting in the next few day.

I am soooooooo excited about going tomorrow and meeting the rest of the girls and getting my first week weigh in.

Is there anyone who started their shakes before going to a formal class. have seen my LLC twice and weighed once but haven't been to class yet.

Must say I am on the 6th day today and so far its gone really well apart from the bad breath I am starting to get now.

Just sending somemore positive vibes to everybody who is starting today and after.

Loads of hugs and good luck to all of you.

Thanks for all the support girls.
Anna you are so motivationg.:)

Have fun. chat sooooooooooooon.
xxxx
sukhi

Great to have you aboard and with a target also Anna!!!!!

i kind of wosh i was with you's and already starting, i just hope and pray that today and tomorrow go quickly!!!!!!!

im planning in my head my last meal tomorrow night?? is that bad?? i kind of feel i should be all ready and prept for it but all i cant think of is the fast food chain i have to drive past to get to my meeting!!!!! that will be a challenge every week!!!!

so is it just peppermint tea, green tea and normal tea and coffee we can have???

i kind of wosh i was with you's and already starting, i just hope and pray that today and tomorrow go quickly!!!!!!!

im planning in my head my last meal tomorrow night?? is that bad?? i kind of feel i should be all ready and prept for it but all i cant think of is the fast food chain i have to drive past to get to my meeting!!!!! that will be a challenge every week!!!!

so is it just peppermint tea, green tea and normal tea and coffee we can have???

thats right and you can have as many sweetners as you like, not he powdered kind only the pellets.

It counts towards the water intake also ;)

Time is going to fly by dont worry, i have been on it for eight weeks now and will be posting pics for those wondering. It is seriously going to be quick and before you know it that fast food place will be nothing to you, in fact people can eat in front of you and you wont be phased you can just watch them and be happy

I think it is however with no milk and only sweeteners.
Not my kind. I like the fruity ones. Will check with my LLC tomorrow abou ginger test etc as I like it.
Good luck
xx
sukhi

as long as its a leaf tea or any coffee is fine, no milk just straight black with sweetner (pellet form)

Count me in. As a serial restarter this has GOT TO BE IT! What better time than a new year,new start! Let's hope 09 is a success for everyone weight wise and no doubt the rest will follow! Starting today....let's go and get on that WagonWheel!

May have to reweigh and adjust ticker as that was pre Christmas. Yikes...going to have to psyche myself up for the dreaded scales....face it, come on WW!

Good luck everyone...yikes..I have a party Saturday night...buffet/night in hotel...any advice?

Count me in. As a serial restarter this has GOT TO BE IT! What better time than a new year,new start! Let's hope 09 is a success for everyone weight wise and no doubt the rest will follow! Starting today....let's go and get on that WagonWheel!

May have to reweigh and adjust ticker as that was pre Christmas. Yikes...going to have to psyche myself up for the dreaded scales....face it, come on WW!

Good luck everyone...yikes..I have a party Saturday night...buffet/night in hotel...any advice?

Hey WW welcome, yeah my advice would be use your office party as your last night of normal food and enjoy it. Then you will be ready. remember its only hard for the first week then its easy, you can do it!!

Hi everybody, been great to hear how we all fared last night, I too had a good 1st class, lovely group only 6 of us with possible 2 next week, think we all gelled ok so looking forward to what is to come.
have had my banana shake for brekkie and my thai soup for lunch, as you will have noticed from my posts I am a returner so have been here before, yet I am as excited this time round as I was 1st time which has surprised me!!
Notice the mention of peppermint tea etc; I have tried but just cannot get into them, I do however like the water flavouring with hot water and find this a nice refreshing hot drink.
Just want to wish Good Luck to the next wave of starters going tonight.
Janey x

Hi to Wagon Wheel and yay go girl to Anna!

Have had "lunch" - veg soup which....I really really like! So far so good.

Probably paranoia, but I keep thinking my breath smells already! My dentist will be thrilled at my 2 hourly brushing habit LOL

All the very best and highest hopes for those of you going to your first meeting today.

Obama moment: CAN WE DO IT? YES WE CAN!

Hi everybody, been great to hear how we all fared last night, I too had a good 1st class, lovely group only 6 of us with possible 2 next week, think we all gelled ok so looking forward to what is to come.
have had my banana shake for brekkie and my thai soup for lunch, as you will have noticed from my posts I am a returner so have been here before, yet I am as excited this time round as I was 1st time which has surprised me!!
Notice the mention of peppermint tea etc; I have tried but just cannot get into them, I do however like the water flavouring with hot water and find this a nice refreshing hot drink.
Janey x
Glad you are as excited as last time.
* is a nice class I think.
I love the flavoured drinks too. Best thing as I am not a keen water drinker.
Love them.
xx
sukhi

Hey Sukhi... just a tip cos I'm passing through... if you hit 'quote' on someone's post it puts their bit in blue, and you respond below it... as with this one! Or just put [ quote ] before and [ / quote ] after... without spaces... makes it easier to read...

Like this, clever huh??

I just read that whole post thinking I had major deja vous :)

ANYWAY - hello everyone else! :)

Glad you're all enjoying day one... the veg soup is indeed delish - I think that is the overall safe option from people I have spoken too... although some nutters (no offence Janey) like the Thai Chilli too... hmmm... odd, very odd. Hehe :D

Wagonwheel - when do/did you start? (I recognise your name, did you do LL before, or come on for advice at some point??) I would usually suggest you just went to the party and drank water, took a bar etc etc... not avoided it... simply because there will always be 'something' and if you keep putting the diet off, it'll never happen... HOWEVER, if you're only starting this week, it may be a bit soon to start challenging yourself. I did a 21st after four days (no food present thank goodness, just drunk people!) and a wedding after my second week. The wedding was ok, weirdly, but I probably couldn't have resisted unless my head was firmly in place and my body was in ketosis (no 'real' hunger). Just do what you feel is best. If you have started, definitely keep going - don't stop and start. THIS IS CRUCIAL... just take a bar with you... you can always feign toothache, a weird diet, the fact you ate before you went out etc... or take a 'really important phone call' and leave the room while they eat (and eat your bar) and come back for black coffee and water after :) It's amazing how little notice people will take - too busy troughing away themselves. Even at the wedding - all very formal, sit down affair... people really couldn't give a flying, errr, fig what I was doing. It makes a wicked conversation topic too - people are fascinated... but that depends on how open you are being.

ANYWAY - waffle waffle.

Those of you that are going to your first meeting tonight... WOOP WOOP!!! :D:D:D Have fun and enjoy it. The first one can be a bit 'formal'... people introducing each other, but I bet ya, by week 3/4, you'll be getting on really well with the rest of your group and you'll gel nicely. My group all burst into tears at the end of foundation - and we are NOT that sort of bunch of women... it's an emotional road you're setting off down... but a bl**dy marvellous one at that!!

HUGS to all... and don't forget to drink the water... :p

Byeeee xxx

janey b said:
Janey x
Glad you are as excited as last time.
* is a nice class I think.
I love the flavoured drinks too. Best thing as I am not a keen water drinker.
Love them.
xx
sukhi

sorry this was not quoted properly. the original message was from janey . I just added towards the end

Back