January 2009 - Starters

Hey All,

Just wanted to update you on my 'Day 1' - can't believe it finally arrived! I also had a banana shake for breakfast and a tomato soup for lunch - banana wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be (compared to CD) and Tomato was OK. Only remembered that I'm supposed to be drinking loads of water about an hour ago ooooooopppssss, better get drinking. Got a feeling I'm going to be getting more soups in the future as I think it's likely to fill me up more.

Good luck to everyone that has their meeting tonight, let us know how you get on. Welcome to those joining.

Hope your all having a good day.

Louale x

Hey All,

Just wanted to update you on my 'Day 1' - can't believe it finally arrived! I also had a banana shake for breakfast and a tomato soup for lunch - banana wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be (compared to CD) and Tomato was OK. Only remembered that I'm supposed to be drinking loads of water about an hour ago ooooooopppssss, better get drinking. Got a feeling I'm going to be getting more soups in the future as I think it's likely to fill me up more.

Good luck to everyone that has their meeting tonight, let us know how you get on. Welcome to those joining.

Hope your all having a good day.

Louale x

Hey we're twinnies - I had banana shake for brekkie and tomato soup for lunch :D

I started feeling hungry about 12pm but held out until 1pm and then I went home to make my soup.

I'm starting to feel a few pangs now though.

Might have thai chilli for tea. I didn't get any veg - hated it towards the end of last time but might have to give it another go.

Oh, I was gutted last night to discover that they have stopped doing the "cardboard" nut bar - that was my favourite :(

Hey Westie - they changed the formula/flavour of the veggie one... the new one is lovely... (I got a couple of oldies by accident, jesus, they were RANK!)...
Not sure what the 'cardboard' peanut bar was - but the Crispy Peanut bar is delish! :) xx

Hey Westie - they changed the formula/flavour of the veggie one... the new one is lovely... (I got a couple of oldies by accident, jesus, they were RANK!)...
Not sure what the 'cardboard' peanut bar was - but the Crispy Peanut bar is delish! :) xx

Thanks Anna, I'll be sure to make sure I get some next week.

The old nut bar was infamous. It seriously was like cardboard and you definately needed to drink it with coffee. I liked it sprinkled with a bit of salt and it was like salted peanuts.

Can't wait to try the new bars at the end of the week :D

OMG I'm so excited - I'm off for my first meeting in a few hours. I havent got one of those blender things but managed to find Gold Spot!! Who sells them??
I'm scared tooooooooo!!!!

Thanks Anna. I read your blog last night! All of it!! I wanted to see what its like for the first few days and got hooked.
Well done you! :)

Yes you may have but I'm not expecting it all to be plain sailing either - you had done it for quite a long time and lost so much by that time, and one thing I keep reading on here is that people seem to start having a problem when their weight loss starts showing and they begin to look "normal" so maybe it was that! I always seem to sabotage my diets when I'm at that stage too (though hopefully not this time) I had thought it was just me!!

Having said that its no breeze losing yr parents either and I'm totally gobsmacked that you got yourself together enough to even consider this weight loss programme so soon after. You must be amazingly strong! I lost my parents when I was 23 (just over 20yrs ago) but I still remember the effect it had on me - and how I struggled with everyday things. Luckily my youngest son was born a few months later which helped me pull myself together - had he been a girl I would have called him Grace because he was my saving grace. Instead he was a boy who grew up to be a little sh*t - just kidding, he's lovely really, (SOMETIMES!!):)

Westie, I simply loved the old nut crunch bars too, with a black coffee they were delish!!
x

You can buy stick blenders at most supermarkets for about £5 and then branded ones for £10-15.

Good luck to everyone going tonight. I found out that my LLC hasn't got enough forms back to start a group this week so it will have to be next week as originally planned. At least me and my mum will be on the same weeks.

Take care everyone. I'm being taken out for food and to the cinema by my nest friedn for my bday tonight. Better soak up the popcorn!!!

Ohhhh, I want a bar, when we can we have them?

Louale x

Hello ladies,

It sounds as all the new starters have had a good first meetings whilst the rest of us are chomping a the bit to get going (I cant help the eating reference :8855:)

I've ordered myself two of the kenwood frothy hot/cold drink makers, one for home and one for work as I read somewhere that they mixed the soups and shakes really well and were fairly hassle free.
Ive also got myself armed with a spare tooth brush, tooth paster, mouthwash and breath freshner to leave at work as well........Im not paranoid honest!:rolleyes:

I cant wait till thursday get here, Im not weighing myself before then so I only have an approximate idea of what my starting point is going to be. Im trying to be good in preparation but my devlish streak keeps whispering *go on have it, it'll be the last for a while* I really need to learn to tune him out (its got to be male after all:17729:

Best of luck to those who have started keep us posted on the first few packs!

T-o-T-I

OMG I'm so excited - I'm off for my first meeting in a few hours. I havent got one of those blender things but managed to find Gold Spot!! Who sells them??
I'm scared tooooooooo!!!!

I've got the basic Philips HR1350 one from Argos and it's doing fine.

just off for my meeting - i haven't been able to get online all day til now so haven't read how yesterdays starters are going - will pop on when i get back to catch up! hope you aren't all too hungry
wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daisy x

Hmm, just had the chicken...NOT impressed, needed a lot of salt and pepper!

Otherwise today has been fine. I'm a bit tired and headachey but that might not be LL, just that I've had two really poor nights' sleep (thinking, alway a dangerous past-time!)

Hello everyone, Hlow's it going?

Hi, Just popped in to wish you all success and hope you are getting off to good starts.
The key message is to get into a routine, especially with the water. Start it early in the day and just keep drinking little and often. As LL say, think of your body as a water wheel that needs to be lubricated.
You will soon know where all the local loos are. I think I could write a guide book for my area! it's strange because when you need to go it'll be all of a sudden and you can't wait. I have also got used to drinking hot water with or without the flavourings.
The other thing is that for me some of the soups are quite bland so I use Tabasco Habanero to pep tham up with a bit with black pepper.
I love my chocolate shake with a couple of sweeteners before bed time. YUM YUM.
Good luck everyone - newbies and re-starters. I hope 2009 will be as life changing for you as 2008 was for me.
I'll be interested to see how you all do.Will be popping in if that's okay.
:talk017::talk017:

Thanks SB, us LL virgins are always grateful for the voice of reason and experience!

Well, I'm through day 1. I don't feel too bad really, just a bit headachey. I'm going to have a warm bath and some paracetamol and then off to bed. I can't believe how cold it was outside today - effing freezing!! I'm focusing on a slimmer me in the summer and that seems to be helping.

Good luck all - hope you are getting through the day.

Thats where I have focused as well today, visualising me in my summer clothes, it has helped me during the couple of times I have felt hungry,[a feeling I have not had for a long long time]
Janey x

Back