January 2009 - Starters

LUMPS!!!!!!
oh how bad am i at making shakes!!!????!!!
managed to get the shaker open finally after banging it on the floor for about 3 mins!

I had a vanilla one for brekkie - yuk - too sweet. put a shot of espresso in was a little better but it was so lumpy .....bleugh!

sitting on my own at a conference now while everyone has gone upstairs for a 3 course lunch. Have just attempted to make a choc shake.
very lumpy - but at least the lumps taste ok this time.

what is the trick. i blended with a bit of water, added rest and whisked with an electric aerolatte thingymajigy, but its still awful

heeellllp!!!

Last edited:
I don't have an electric thingys to mix my shakes or soups.

Do you think this will be a massive problem? Is it nigh impossibe to do them by hand a la slimfast shakes?

Have a blender at home - do you think it might be worth me making my breakfast and lunch shakes and just keeping them cold in the fridge at work? Or do you think they will go manky?

I don't have an electric thingys to mix my shakes or soups.

Do you think this will be a massive problem? Is it nigh impossibe to do them by hand a la slimfast shakes?

Have a blender at home - do you think it might be worth me making my breakfast and lunch shakes and just keeping them cold in the fridge at work? Or do you think they will go manky?

You gotta have them within 15 mins of making otherwise the vits and mins deteriorate :(

I'm afraid I can only get them lump free with a stick blender.

I'm just about to pop home for a soup. I think I'll have bars at lunchtime though coz they'll be more convenient.

Can't wait to hear how you get on tonight Sukhi...glad week one went well, I'm on day 2 and finding today a bit easier than yesterday so hope it continues to get easier as they days go on.

GGF I think we all felt like you do, it is very daunting and such a big task that you are bound to have doubts but have faith in yourself... I must admit on my 1st day yesterday I did have a few moments of thinking OMG how am I going to do this but just getting through the 1st day was a massive milestone and today it is defo a bit easier! Good luck!

Daisydoll oooh the lumps don't sound good...I work from home so it is easy for me to use my electric hand stick blender which does a fab job....not much help for you though when you are at a conference...hope you manage to sort it as mine have all been lump free and really nice.

Good luck to those on day one today and who have meetings tonight:talk017:.

xx

from what ive heard you really need a stick blender!! they are alot harder to mix than just your average cup a soups!!!!!

ive not got sweetners yet is it any make, ie sweetex??? ill have to get some later, i do have a sweet tooth so will prob need them!!!!!!!

well im feeling ok, just hope i have a nice group!!!! just realised i have my first challenge this weekend, my sons birthday,lots of food and fun there!!!!!! if i can get through that ill be fine!!!!!

well done guys!!!!!!!!! keep it up!

just realised i have my first challenge this weekend, my sons birthday,lots of food and fun there!!!!!! if i can get through that ill be fine!!!!!

well done guys!!!!!!!!! keep it up!

I feel your pain. I had a massive family party on day 3. Just get through it and you'll feel great. :)

There was a moment when someone who knew I was on the diet was winding me up by putting a beer bottle in my mouth by surprise and teasing me something chronic.

Now I'm not a violent person but I've never come so close to smacking someone in the mouth before lol.....

Hi all.

Everyone at work has just gone across the road for a Chinese Buffet, and I'm here with my veggie soup!

To cap it all there's chocolate cake in the office as it's Birthday Season.

No pressure though, very motivated & first LLMen meeting tonight (will I have to be 'happy-clappy'?)

Hey Sean - keep going! Next birthday season you'll be able to have a little bit but still be your slim self!

Okay - definately thinking I need to get a stick blender... although don't know what I'm going to do about work - never really thought about it. We have no heating tools so won't be able to have soups, and can't bring my stick blender in seen as we have no kitchen area for it. I suppose I may have to go home - although its about 25 mins away. Hmmm... what to do?

Oh no Sean poor you!! But how great will you feel at the end of the day to know you didn't cheat and that first weigh in will make it all worth while!

You did make me giggle about the "happy clappy" can just imagine a group of people holding hands and singing weight loss songs, how about "The biggest looser" or "Every looser wins ..how funny!:8855:

You mean the meetings aren't like that! Not sure I'm going to bother now...

Feeling vituous by not going, odd how little things make you react.

100% agree re stick blender. I bought one for home and one for the office kitchen £3.69 from Argos, absolute God send.

Oh - just reserved one from argos to pick up on way home tonight.

It isn't a fancy one - just 1 speed with litre capacity which I think will do me really.

Panic over. I love this online shopping malarky!

When you get through the first (bar free)few days I would suggest a shake before you leave and a bar for lunch, soup when you get home, shake before bed.

Similar routine to mine except my soup was at luch cos we have a kitchen. :)

Ah thank you - I actually completely forgot about the bars. I guess I was kind of scared they may hinder me - BUT I think its pretty safe AND the most practical. Thanking you very much Guy!

I feel your pain. I had a massive family party on day 3. Just get through it and you'll feel great. :)

There was a moment when someone who knew I was on the diet was winding me up by putting a beer bottle in my mouth by surprise and teasing me something chronic.

Now I'm not a violent person but I've never come so close to smacking someone in the mouth before lol.....

good lord!!!!! im hoping that people wont do that!!!!!!!! although i am off to dublin the end of the month to see some friends, im a bit worried but im determin dto get through it, the food bit will be easy but the booze well the irish drink ALOT!!!!!!! i think i shall have to be on some kind of medication!!LOL!!

Ah thank you - I actually completely forgot about the bars. I guess I was kind of scared they may hinder me - BUT I think its pretty safe AND the most practical. Thanking you very much Guy!

No worries. I stayed away from bars for weeks for the same reason but I have 1 a day now and they haven't affect my losses at all. They are there for practicality at the end of the day. My fav is peanut bar dunked in hot black coffee mmmmmmm. Sorry, I'm fantasising about it more than ususal today cos I forgot to bring my packs to work for the first time ever!

but I'm hardcore, I'm toughing it out. :)

i am off to dublin the end of the month to see some friends, im a bit worried but im determin dto get through it, the food bit will be easy but the booze well the irish drink ALOT!!!!!!!

I know matey. I had to go to Dublin in october for a work conference. It's a right piss up and seemed like a good idea at the time of booking. It's one of the reasons I say a stick blender is a must. I made a post about it on my blog. I think I called it 'Planes, Trans and Stooooopid cups'. I won't go into it as it's there for all to see but I still shudder just thinking about unblended shakes.

God, loook at me. I'm like, well taking over your thread. Sorry guys....

I know matey. I had to go to Dublin in october for a work conference. It's a right piss up and seemed like a good idea at the time of booking. It's one of the reasons I say a stick blender is a must. I made a post about it on my blog. I think I called it 'Planes, Trans and Stooooopid cups'. I won't go into it as it's there for all to see but I still shudder just thinking about unblended shakes.

God, loook at me. I'm like, well taking over your thread. Sorry guys....

i think ive read it already!!!!!!! i MUST remember the blender!!!!!! if i can get through that weekend i can get through anything!!!

as for taking over the thread, please carry on, we need all the help we can get!!!!!!!!!

Back