January 2009 - Starters

aw sanaukh, not much you can do really, just fill up on fluids!!!!

well almost another day done, i feel much better about things today, i hit a huge wall the weekend and feel like im through it now, well at least for today, tomorrow is another thing altogether i guess!!!!!

had to drive and change my packs today, LLC said that i prob wont loose much more than i did at my pop in on saturday if any at all! found that a bit dishearting,i think i will need to for my heads sake, otherwise all the hardwork over the weekend was for nothing because i woulnt have lost anymore since sat morning!!!!!!!!!

hope evryone has managed ok today xx

aw sanaukh, not much you can do really, just fill up on fluids!!!!

well almost another day done, i feel much better about things today, i hit a huge wall the weekend and feel like im through it now, well at least for today, tomorrow is another thing altogether i guess!!!!!

had to drive and change my packs today, LLC said that i prob wont loose much more than i did at my pop in on saturday if any at all! found that a bit dishearting,i think i will need to for my heads sake, otherwise all the hardwork over the weekend was for nothing because i woulnt have lost anymore since sat morning!!!!!!!!!

hope evryone has managed ok today xx

I'm having a bit of a "mental wall" moment today with regards to weight, but remember that if you caved over the weekend then you would have put back on what you'd already lost and therefore would be back to square one. Your hard work has paid off because you are still on track and there will be a weightloss this week and every week after as long as you remember how well you are doing and don't give up :)

Yes GGF, any loss from now on is real fat loss, not just your glycogen store. Your body is adjusting to the new regime and you will lose weight if you keep on plan. Keep going, you're doing well.

Wobble after wobble today.

Feeling very, very, very low. Scared that this is only day 5. Like I said before - the actual diet is far easier than I thought it would be. It's just me.

Wobble after wobble today.

Feeling very, very, very low. Scared that this is only day 5. Like I said before - the actual diet is far easier than I thought it would be. It's just me.

Keep strong Em. I wobbled badly on day 5 - Saturday. Felt hungry lonely, isolated and the road ahead seemed so so long. It's an odd time - the rush of the first few days have worn off, no weigh in to see how well you've done and the realisation of how far you've still got to go.

Keep posting or have a bath or pamper yourself, either way, it will pass - promise.

Wanted to wish all the January starters good luck for this week :)

Btw, as your rep points increase, put your mouse over the little green box. You'll see the comments change as you get more points... it amused me but I may be sad :8855:

I loved doing that too (I'm obviously sad too :eek:), although once you get so many they don't seem to change anymore. Next challenge is the gold star :D

Does anyone know whether having had a cortisone injection 4 wks before my start could be having an effect on my weightloss?

I know i shouldn't have but i weighed myself at home tonight 5pm as this would have been my 1st weighin[started last monday but group changed to a tuesday] and find i have only lost 4lbs!!! i am so dissapointed!!!! It is my own fault that i feel like I do now as everyone said DO NOT WEIGH AT HOME!!!

what i wonder is if the steroid injection could be a factor in this, or maybe been drinking too much approx 7ltrs in total daily. or then again maybe this is my weight loss and nothing has affected it. Are there many that lose this amount on 1st weighin? Oh dear sorry for rambling on i knew i should not have started this post.

Last edited:
I'd say you are out of the honeymoon period hon - welcome to LL Foundation reality (I mean that nicely btw). There are tough days but you are a strong lady and I know you can get through it.

Thank you LS.

I'm not blaming LL for my wobble. I have, and always will think that any diet could work for anyone IF it is right for them AND if they make it work.

I am thanking LL today, when I take a moment to breath, I can appriciate that.

Me being up and down and very much down right now is not because of LL - it isn't different to normal.

I just can't eat some crap to make me feel better and wrap myself in a big cosy blanket of failure.

I honestly think, this is supposed to happen. And days like this will make this diet the success I hope it is.

Just right now, I can see it, but when I'm like this I just need to get through it and believe it tomorrow.

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and just thought i would introduce myself.
I'm Jess and today is my first day of Lighter Life.
I'm hoping to reach my target of 140lb by my 21st birthday in August.
I have 4st 10lb to loose.
Hope everyone is well!
Jess

hi guys
first week almost gone!!
it's flown past - hope they all go this fast.
sorry to hear some people are struggling still
daisy x

hi jess and any other newbies - there's quite a crowd of us now!

good luck for when you start, i was so excited the weeks waiting to start i couldn't wait for the first meeting!
daisy x

Hi sukhi, I don't know, but good luck for weigh in wednesday!

I just would like to say this one thing, cos I'm feeling a bit happy about this. I have my medical tomorrow, which means I can get my food packs on Tuesday night (the mid week weigh in thing), and start on Wednesday. Yay!!! I was worried they'd say that they didn't have an appointment til thursday or something silly.
Yay!

Ooh and one more good thing from today, I took some 'before' pics in my undies (I know the LLC does them but still).
They are embarrassing for me to look at now, but I'm sure I'll appreciate having them later.

Wahooooo week 1 weigh in results!!!

Hi all

Had my 2nd meeting so 1st week weigh in and have lost 8.2lbs .... Hooray! Can't say its been an easy week but its definitely getting easier as the days go on and my next goal is to get 3 weeks out of the way as most say it's much easier after this! So keep going guys...we can do this especially with each others support!

Can't wait to hear how everyone else get's on with their 1st week WI and pretty sure Louale and SIIM are Monday girls too...so hopefully will have their results tonight!

Good luck to anyone starting this week and hi to Jess and any other newbies!

WG and EmVeg sorry you are struggling today...Friday (day 4) was my worst mentally but got through it thanks to some great support and advice on here...so sending hugs and hope things seem better tomorrow...just remember that feeling like you do is normal and will pass.

GGF, I lost another 3.4lb after my 3 day pop in so don't loose hope...you may well loose some more...perhaps your LLC was playing on the safe side just in case.

Take care all. x

Sorry one more question.
Sorry I always ask something and never post much as I have never been great at catting on the forums hence the low posts. I am trying to work on this though.

My question is --Is it possible to have no weight loss at all while you are on abstinence?? I am getting a bit worried as after the last weeks loss I don't seem to be losing any. WI on wednesday.

Thanks in advance.
xx
sukhi

Sukhi I havn't heard of anyone not losing and i'm sure you will have...perhaps your scales aren't too reliable? Also Wed still gives you 2 more full days so alot can happen in this time...have faith and I'm sure come WI you will be fine!

Good luck x

Hi sukhi, I don't know, but good luck for weigh in wednesday!

I just would like to say this one thing, cos I'm feeling a bit happy about this. I have my medical tomorrow, which means I can get my food packs on Tuesday night (the mid week weigh in thing), and start on Wednesday. Yay!!! I was worried they'd say that they didn't have an appointment til thursday or something silly.
Yay!

That's really good news Ellie....so tomorrow is your last "normal eating" day!

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

xx

Tis indeed, so I'm actually having the oddest meals trying to use up the contents of my fridge :D
If it's not there I can't be tempted to eat it right?

Back