January 2009 - Starters

I'm changing my goal to what I have left to do - but thats because thats how I want to track it. I know what I needed to lose to begin with, I want to see how much to go through the weeks.

But do it how you want to track it!

new starter

hi just thought I wouoldintroduce myself. I'm julieju and started lighter life on January 5th I have about 10 stone to lose. I know it works as I lost 6.5 stone so I could have fertility treatment and it worked! I'm on maternity leave at the mo and back on the shakes!

It is difficult at times but really is worth it when you see the weight drop off. Hope all you new starters are doing ok?:)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqiEklO/">

Last edited:
hi there julieju
welcome to the board!

daisy x

Last edited:
Hey JulieJu!

Welcome back! Hope its going well for you so far!

Welcome Julieju! I have about the same to lose as you, and started on the 6th.

Went to my first pop in today after starting LL on Thurs & am totally fed up:cry:as I only lost .2lbs(not even a flipping pound). I know I had my jeans on & didn't realise that I should not drink up to 4hrs before but thought I might have lost more . I have been on it 100%. Was even more fed up when Becky told me that she had lost 9 lbs.
Got up this morning feeling positive & carried on as normal but then I felt totally bloated & had a massive headache.Could 't face shakes & soups so made into custard & popadoms .
Feeling slightly better so hopefully have a better day tomorrow.
Can't wait till weigh in on Weds to see my lose (I better have).:girlpower:
Sue

hi sue
don't worry too much, i bet you will have lost more on the real weigh in!
make sure you wear the same clothes each time - your jeans could weigh 3 - 4 lbs!
who told you not to drink for 4 hours before, we have not been told this!
daisy x

Sue P.

So sorry you haven't had the start you hope for, but trust me, if you stick with it you are bound to lose a stone a month. You'll catch up. There are all sorts of factors as well as clothes and water. No-one ever told us officially not to drink before WI but common sense prevailed.
I get weighed about 6.30pm and try not to drink after about 3pm on that day so it has a chance to get through the system before WI. Could be hormonal, TOTM.Medication.
Don't be disheartened. BL had a few weeks on the trot when she stayed the same -and look at her now.
It will happen. Hang on.

Thanks for your support I will continue to do 100%.
LLC told us not to drink water 3 - 4 hrs before weigh as water weighs lbs.
I never thought about the jeans as it was weekend but on Wednesdays I will be going straight from work so will have trousers & shirt on.
I know weight will come off eventually but was disappointed yesterday.
The funny thing is my other daughter in London has done LL & gone fron a size 20-22 to a size 12 & when I told her my weight she just thought it was funny as she says she takes after me on everything (even allergies) & she told me that she did not loose weight in the first half of the week so I am hoping that that is true.:8855:

Sue, so sorry you're feeling disappointed. Assuming that you are following the LL rules (and drinking plenty) you will lose weight. I'm sure as the others have said that things like wearing heavier clothes and our natural ups and downs due to hormones will have played a part. You're bound to have better results on your next WI.

Hi All, hope you are all well!
Hi Sue - i'm sorry that your sad that you didn't loose much in your drop in, i'm on my 1st week of LL and one girl out of my class had that very same issue on Weds, she was very disheartened by it. However, i have just come home from my first proper weigh in and she has now lost 6lb! So don't worry i'm sure you'll have a great loss at your 1st weigh in! Chin up :)

I had my first weigh in today and have managed to loose 9lb this week i'm over the moon!
Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 7lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.5lb -10 stones to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 1 -8.5lb - 2st 5.5 to lose

Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 8.2lb - 5 st 11 lb to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 1 1/2 - 13lb - 47lb to left to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 1 - 8.2lb - 4.5 stone to loose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan:fingerscrossed: - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 1 - 59lb to lose (and extra is a bonus)
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose

well done jessica, 9lbs is a great first week loss
daisy x

Congratulations Jessica! 9lbs is brilliant!

Hey, I've just had my photo taken for the local newspaper (Caernarfon &Denbigh Herald) for my charity work LOL...and even though I'm still big I felt ok about it, not fretting about the house or what the photographer would think seeing a binbag of lard with make-up on (my old thought patterns). And it'll be another pic for my scrapbook of my LL journey.

Hello guys,
Well, here I am again, giving it a go. I lost heaps last year (over 6 stone), but have not really got my head in the right space and hence I have bit the bullet and I started back on packs this morning.
I know I will be on packs for about 3 months but I did 7/8 months before so how hard can 3 months be??? :wave_cry:
Gonna make an effort to get back to the boards and I know how great all you guys are at motivating me so here I am, back in the fold!!! :)

Hi! I just found this site and have enjoyed browsing and learning as I go. It's great to 'meet' you all so I thought I would introduce myself.

I started LL on 14 Jan and, with over 8 stone to lose, I'm looking for the inspiration to stick with it and understand the process. I lost 8lb at my first drop-in and am looking forward to the week one meeting tomorrow night. I have suffered from headaches and light-headedness a bit, but feeling better today. I'm glad the hunger has gone. I even survived sitting with the family whilst they were eating some of my favourite (read bad) foods over the weekend.

I hope to get some exercise sorted in the next week or two. Used to swim a lot but have had a ridiculous crisis of confidence over appearing in a swimsuit. :eek:

hey hello, welcome to the boards. Dont worry you will be in that swim suit in no time at all. Well done for choosing this path :)

Welcome to the board! Don't worry, you'll soon be wanting to show off your slim new body to everyone in that swimsuit, it'll be so worth it :D

Sharon - well done on your photo shoot, you'll have to scan or get the pics up so we can all see them. I too am starting to feel a little more confident in myself, Imagine how we will be feeling at goal! Another week over, do let me know how you get on tonight!

Scott, well done on the 6 stones loss! Welcome back and look forward to seeing your progress.

Hi thin inside, and welcome to this thread. Well done on your 8lbs loss, that is a great loss for your first week and really motivating. Stick around for some great support.

Louale x

Back