January 2009 - Starters

Hi Sarah-J - good to see you here and refocused. I'm sure you will be able to motivate us too.:)

H.

hi sarah J!
i'm sure you'll soon get back on track
daisy x

Thanks everyone,

The first week or two are definately the hardest but once you see the weight fall off and people complementing you, it gives you the motivation to keep going.
To be totally honest (and I know that this is a big lighter life no no!) I used to eat one light meal a week, after my lighter life class then get straight back to the shakes the following day (I cant stand the soups!) and this worked really well for me. Try to keep motivated, which you will as the clothes get looser!But if you ever do slip up and eat something dont beat yourself up about it, just stay focussed! Im definatelty back on it now!

Start weight (Jan)- 13st 2lb
3st to loose!

Sarah
X

Hi Sarah J and Bevlier! :welcome:

Siim, you've dropped the POT whilst housekeeping, least you didn't loose the plot. :giggle:

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 13lbs - 7.0 stones to lose
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 13.5lb - 9 stones to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 10lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 2 -12.5lb - 2st 1.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 13.4lb - 5st 6lb to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 2 - 12lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 1 1/2 - 13lb - 47lb to left to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 14lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 1 - 8.2lb - 4.5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 6lb - 3stone 8lb left to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 1 - 10.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 1 - 14lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose

Bevlier 18lb = POT total 178.1lbs

Hi thin_inside
That's what I'm trying to do too - just drink loads of water and get from one food pack to the next. I'm hoping I'll get used to it. I think the couselling will be the best bit - learning to deal with emotional issues by feeling the emotions, rather then trying to stuff them down with food. I think coming on here as often as possible will help too - I don't think about food when I'm reading other posts and posting myself! :)

Sarah-J
When you ate a light meal after your class and then went right back on it, did you still have a good loss the following week? The reason I ask is that when I got back from class last night at 10.30pm, I couldn't stop myself having the small amount of (homemade, well tasty!) cottage pie that was leftover. I really enjoyed it and it really filled me up, which I guess means my stomach must have shrunk! It didn't make me want to stuff anything else in my mouth but of course I felt bad about doing it and worried that it would mean I might even put weight on next week. But I thought that as I had a whole week, maybe that would be enough time to get back into ketosis and be OK? What was your experience?
An embarrassed Bevlier :eek:

No, please don't talk about lapsing and say you still lost weight
- i think it will start me off thinking about doing it - and i REALLY DON'T want to do that!!!!

I need to believe abstinance is the only way to do it!!!
daisy x

Sorry daisydoll :( I know I'm a bad girl :(

No, please don't talk about lapsing and say you still lost weight
- i think it will start me off thinking about doing it - and i REALLY DON'T want to do that!!!!

I need to believe abstinance is the only way to do it!!!
daisy x

I have to agree - I think most of us are doing LL to do it the "proper" way.

I've cheated in the past (on CD not LL) and the old saying is true Cheats Never Prosper.

Sorry if this is rude but please no food talk on this thread!

Back from WI. Lost another 3lb since saturday so a 6lb total week for week 2.

So total loss in 2 weeks is 16 lbs. Happy with that.

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 13lbs - 7.0 stones to lose
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 13.5lb - 9 stones to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 10lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan--Week 2 -12.5lb - 2st 1.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 13.4lb - 5st 6lb to lose
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 2 - 12lb - 3.5 stones to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 16lb - 45lb to left to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 14lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 1 - 8.2lb - 4.5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 6lb - 3stone 8lb left to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 1 - 10.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 1 - 14lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 0 - 0lb - 7 stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose

Bevlier 18lb = POT total 181.1lbs

Sorry I've been absent. I'm still struggling with myself.

Nice one emveg, you are doing fantastically!!!
keep going girl :)
daisy x

Funny, I thought this forum was a place to discuss our experiences with other people going through the same thing and to get SUPPORT, not catty comments such as Cheats Never Prosper. I am doing LL properly - I have had a blip, and was worried that it would reflect badly on the scales next week and was looking for a little reassurance from someone who had done a similar thing. I in no way implied that I plan to do the same every week - I don't. And as for "no food talk", this from someone who has mentioned lemon meringue pie and tracker bars in previous posts. If you want to throw me off this forum, go ahead. I'll find one elsewhere where people are less judgemental. We can't all be perfect, all the time. It's no wonder the world is in the state it's in, when people who are supposed to be helping each other start having a go. As if overweight people don't get enough prejudice from all the skinny minnies out there, they can't even ask a legitimate question on a forum, supposedly set up to be a support mechanism, without someone being rude to them. :mad:

BACK ON TOPIC

Week 3 weigh-in last night and another 6lbs lost:D:D:D

So that's an average 2 year old PLUS a Human brain in 3 weeks - can't for the life of me remember where I put them :8855:

Funny, I thought this forum was a place to discuss our experiences with other people going through the same thing and to get SUPPORT, not catty comments such as Cheats Never Prosper. I am doing LL properly - I have had a blip, and was worried that it would reflect badly on the scales next week and was looking for a little reassurance from someone who had done a similar thing. I in no way implied that I plan to do the same every week - I don't. And as for "no food talk", this from someone who has mentioned lemon meringue pie and tracker bars in previous posts. If you want to throw me off this forum, go ahead. I'll find one elsewhere where people are less judgemental. We can't all be perfect, all the time. It's no wonder the world is in the state it's in, when people who are supposed to be helping each other start having a go. As if overweight people don't get enough prejudice from all the skinny minnies out there, they can't even ask a legitimate question on a forum, supposedly set up to be a support mechanism, without someone being rude to them. :mad:

Bevlier - I think where the others were coming from is that with this diet when you stick to it you will lose weight. If you don't, and you do lapse (which a lot of people DO do when doing this programme.) then you will have a chance of putting some wieght back on. Just like losing the weight - everyone is different and when someone might STS you may put on, or even be okay.

I don't think Daisy or WG meant to upset you. I think its more, if you lapse and you want to talk then thats what we're here for - but when/if we're having a bad day we don't want the thought of lapsing AND still losing to come into ours. If you lapse and feel annoyed with yourself then yes, come on here and tell us - but I think it's hard for everyone if we still talk about losing.

I hope that makes sense. And from knowing Daisy and WG I'm pretty positive this is where they are coming from. I don't think they meant to imply you wern't taking this seriously - and I think WG "Cheats never prosper" was because of her experiences previously on LL. It was support.

Now ... more importantly, so you lapsed, but well done you for "getting back on the wagon" and honepfully for you it won't have sabotaged the week. But, even better is that you realised you had a blip and don't want to do it again. Fact of the matter is if you stick with it you WILL lose weight...and I'm sure you will.

I'm sorry you feel that way Bev, but as anyone who knows me would say (and thank you Em) I am the least cattiest person you've ever meet.

BUT I stand by what I say about the food talk. Maybe I didn't make it clear but talking about lapsing and talking about the food we eat are different and so I apologise for not expressing myself correctly. Of course we are here to support you if you do lapse. The thread had a couple of comments that seemed to be condoning eating, which is not what LL is about. You sign up for total abstinence and therefore that what should be encouraged. I'm definately not a saint myself and yes I do struggle.

I was reacting to the fact that Daisy was obviously not happy about the lapsing talk, as I believe a number of other people won't be either.

I am not condemning anyone for lapsing - believe me I know what it's like. I've done CD for the last couple of years and haven't stuck to it, thinking I could "get away" with certain things. I was referring to myself in the sentence Cheats Never Prosper - once you're in that mindset then invariably I found you will ultimately fail. It was meant to be supportive because I don't want other people to go down that road I have travelled.

I certainly don't think anyone should be thrown off this or any other forum because we are all here to support each other and in the whole we do.

I'm sorry again that you feel this way and it certainly wasn't my intention.

I hope you stay on the board and we can continue to support each other and your lapse is just that, and you can get back on track and continue on this wonderful journey :)

Last edited:
Oh dear, i didn't mean to start an arguement!

I just meant that personally i NEED to believe that total abstinance is the ONLY way - otherwise i might as well be doing slimfast or other diets where i can 'cheat' ( as have always done in the past)

I know people do lapse and of course we can talk about it - its just that when people say they had one meal a week and its ok, it got me thinking..... and I don't want to be thinking like that or before i know it i'll be having'just one small meal...just one biscuit etc etc'

Again, didn't mean to upset anyone!!!

daisy x

PS WELL DONE SEAN!!!

I have to agree - I think most of us are doing LL to do it the "proper" way.

I've cheated in the past (on CD not LL) and the old saying is true Cheats Never Prosper.

Sorry if this is rude but please no food talk on this thread!
Sorry, got to agree with WG. Abstinence is the only way. Some of us are in it for the long haul, not just Foundation and we need to keep focussed. I would appreciate no food talk, and if you must mention specific food the title your post "FOOD WARNING" please.

I must admit I would appreciate people not telling me if they have eaten and still lost because then i would think it would be ok to do it myself. I really am trying my hardest to stay abstinent but with the OH eating gorgeous food around me it does make it that little bit challenging. We all know what it's like to be on a particular diet and think 'oh I'll just do it the once'. Then it turns into 2 then 3 then 4 and before you know it you're putting on weight and back to where you started. This for me is the last resort before surgery and I so don't want to mess it up.

I really hope that it was just a minor laspse for you and you're back on track. And I do hope that the responses on here do inspire you to carry on and I'm sure that no-one meant to upset you.

Back