January 2009 - Starters

Well my second week will be up on Sunday and I'm struggling this week but I'm still there. I also have a huge challenge of my knee op on Monday with a general anaesthetic which I'm not allowed to be in ketosis for! I have been given advice on how to get out of it quickly and straight back on again after the op as soon as possible but there is still this waiting period up until the point of going in and out of it again. :sigh::(:sigh: I'm hating it and really stuggling. But I will carry on!!

Well my second week will be up on Sunday and I'm struggling this week but I'm still there. I also have a huge challenge of my knee op on Monday with a general anaesthetic which I'm not allowed to be in ketosis for! I have been given advice on how to get out of it quickly and straight back on again after the op as soon as possible but there is still this waiting period up until the point of going in and out of it again. :sigh::(:sigh: I'm hating it and really stuggling. But I will carry on!!

Sorry to hear that Foxtrot. Hope everything goes well. It must be frustrating when you've made the decision and just want to crack on with the programme.

I presume it's safe for you to resume soon after surgery? Never been in the situation myself.

(((Hugs))) and we're here if you're struggling xxx

Thank you Westie. I keep have a devil/angel conversation in my head. You know, start again after the op, no you've done well so far don't throw two weeks away, but it's only another couple of days, yes but it's also been two weeks!!!...

ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Can I just say that I've known Westiegirl for 4 years, online and in real life, and she is the least 'cattiest' person in the world! I'm quite frankly shocked that her very reasonable post has been so misconstrued.

foxtrot, what a shame
i hope everything goes ok with the op and you get back on track asap
daisy x

Thank you Westie. I keep have a devil/angel conversation in my head. You know, start again after the op, no you've done well so far don't throw two weeks away, but it's only another couple of days, yes but it's also been two weeks!!!...

ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Keep that devil at bay - it will be so worth it.

I know it's hard - I've had the conversation so many times it's untrue but you always get that satifaction that you've beaten that chatterbox into submission :8855:

To all those on week two losses - brilliant. We'll see the totals climb fast. Does anyone else climb on the scales at every opportunity? I keep trying to stop but I think I've sunk into compulsive mode!! :eek:

To all those on week two losses - brilliant. We'll see the totals climb fast. Does anyone else climb on the scales at every opportunity? I keep trying to stop but I think I've sunk into compulsive mode!! :eek:

Yep I was, but last week it really messed with my head because the scales didn't appear to be moving fast enough.

I've had to make a conscious decision to not weigh this week because it was really affecting my mood!

I did, but then I decided that it's much nicer to be surprised at official WI!
Also when you regularly jump on scales, if you don't see a weight loss that day it's disheartening I find.

I did, but then I decided that it's much nicer to be surprised at official WI!
Also when you regularly jump on scales, if you don't see a weight loss that day it's disheartening I find.

Totally agree, although I think I might still weigh on the day I go to my meeting because I don't think I could hide my disappointment if it was a low loss and I didn't know in advance :eek:

No your definitely not the only one, I'm in that club too!

I just can't stay away from them and I know it can be soul destroying but just keep jumping on.

Think we need to start a "Serial Weighers Annonomous" therapy group! lol! :D

But on a serious note if anyone can offer advice on how we can pull ourselves away that would be great.

x

At the moment I'm on the scales at least twice a day trying to see a change that isn't based on time of day and what I'm wearing. I must try to stop this as I do think it affects my mood. I like the idea of being prepared for a disappointing result, but also like the idea of a suprise. Dilemma!!

Anyone doing any exercise? I wondered how the vlcd affects normal fitness levels.

I'm doing some exercise. I don't have a car so often walk around places anyway, but also I have to cycle to LL meetings so it's about a 10 or 11mile round trip.

I think that it doesn't affect weight loss unless you do too much and then your body sort of panics and you lose less weight.

i have put my scales away in the garage.
beforeLL i would weigh myself two or three times a day -it actually feels really good to have broken the habit!
i figured i'm going to be definately losing weight on LL so what's the point in keep weighing myself
daisy x

Hi everybody
Haven't been on for a couple of days as I didn't get back from first weigh in till late on Weds & I have just had my hair done tonight. I can't believe how many posts there has been. I am amazed.
Have been totally bloated (felt 10mths preg which is impossible as I have had a hysterectomy) for the last few days & told LLC she then suggested that I take a laxative to he also said that it will help me with my weight loss nevertheless I lost 4lbs . LLC wants me to do a pop-in on Sat to monitor me. I was wondering if this has something to do with my IBS.
Everyone else in my group lost between 6 & 10lbs. One person was not in ketosis (would you believe that)
I am so proud (& a little bit jealous of Becky ) of my daughter but she has been so supportive.
Welcome all the newbies & good luck
Sue

hi sue
well done on the 4 - don't feel bad about it, i lost the least in my group too, but i'm not bothered as it will come off.
has your ibs been affected by LL do you think?
daisy x

Hi Daisy ,
Yes I think LL has affected it as I usually go (sorry about this ) 3 - 6 times a day & now only 3 times this week. Chemist has given me a light laxative that wiil take 2 - 3 days to work then hopefully I will be on the right track & hopefully start loosing more weight as I have stuck to it 100%.
Got the bars for the first time yesterday & was so looking forward to the first one so decided I would have the fruit one first. It was not very nice as it was sickly. Today I had the peanut one & it was lovely. I have got 7 as I so needed a bit of a change.
Anyway lets see how it goes as I will do anything (except surgery) to loose the weight
Sue

Sue_P - have you tried incorporating loads of the freely taken water flavourings? These have a laxative in them and are great hot or cold.

I have found that I only like a couple of the bars - the ones I looked forward to most (toffee, fruit) actually made me gag and I struggled to eat them. But the cranberry was nice and the lemon tolerable. I still have to try the peanut bar but looking forward to that this week.

I found the lemon was nicest when chopped up and made into biscuits in the microwave. Yum Yum. and the cranberry is also good the same way.
Peanut bars are yum too. Didn't like the toffee but might try it as biscuits as above. Haven't tried the fruit.

Back