Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 6lb - 3stone 8lb left to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 2 - 12.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 1 - 14lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose

Hi I've posted somewhere in this thread to join the January 2009 starters but didn't add my name to the list so here goes, hope its ok.

Started 14th Jan

Thanks

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 6lbs - 13lbs Total - 5.11 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 5lbs - 13.5lb - 8st 0.5lb left to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 10lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week2--4lb---12.5lb - 2st 1.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 5.2lb - Total - 13.4lb - 77lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 2 - 12lb - 2.7 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 6lb - 16lb total - 45lb to left to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 14lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 11.5lb - 4.5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 6lb - 3stone 8lb left to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan - week 1 -5lbs - 4 stone to lose

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } YouTube - Get Back Up

(Mods - hope it is ok to post this)

I was sent this by a friend - i don't normally pass on these things but it's a bit special. It's called 'Get Back Up' and is by a young man with disabilities.

Very Inspirational!, thanks for posting.

Louale x

I feel surprisingly good, but looking forward to week 3 as i have read that things do become a lot easier then I have a wedding to go to in July so that is my motivation, some of the people there i wont have seen since starting LL and cant wait to see their reaction ;) (what a show off)

I have a couple of weddings to go to this summer, usually I would have been at the Monsoon January sale to try and squeeze into a bargin dress, but not this year... I'm waiting till the last min to get a much smaller dress!

I have my sisters wedding on 1 May, just after I finish my foundation on 21 April. I am looking forward to being 3-4 stone lighter, but as I need to lose 8-9 stone I will still be in development.

Question is - do I break out of ketosis for the wedding, or do I see it through using food packs. My family will be fine with either. It's my decision.

JessicaL - I have pinched your idea as I think it is quite motivational to see the time being counted down and getting closer to the end of foundation. Thanks!

Wilbslim welcome!

t_i, it is of course entirely your decision!
If you decide not to do the packs that day, it might be worth eating but avoiding carbs as much as possible. I think the first step of RTM is 3 packs plus a serving of chicken or fish which is only 600cals. So you could aim to do that maybe, just for that day so you don't feel you miss out?
It also might be worth considering how easy you find it to stay on the prog, and how easy it was for you to start... I.e. if you find it really difficult to start and find it difficult not to lapse and just have that bit more, it may be worth just staying on the packs for the sake of not wobbling from the prog? If you find it easy, and stay in ketosis reasonably well then it's up to you.
Whatever decision you make, make sure it's the right one for you and that you feel happy with it.

thin inside
you will look great for the wedding.
i really would stay on the packs tho. It might be really hard to get back into ketosis.
if your family are fine about it then its an easy decision - and think how good you will feel about it at the end of the day, your will power will impress everyone!
you will have a fab time even without the food.
daisy x

How is everyone doing with regards to side effects? Getting any? Coping ok if you are?

For me, I realise from journalling I'm really moody, i.e. one minute I'm up and next I'm down. Anyone else like this, and have your moods stabilised?
Also I find I get cold easily now.
Other than that I'm all good!

That's the only trouble with all this, not knowing what size you are going to really settle at!!!!:D

I did 3.5 lbs this week, more than I thought but my heart hasn't been in it because of tomorrow and, although I stuck to the plan, I don't think you lose as well if your head's not in it. Out of ketosis by tonight, I hope, then crack on with it all again from Tuesday!!

I've done a timelapse countdown too. :D I finish on Easter Sunday! :rolleyes:

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 6lbs - 13lbs Total - 5.11 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 5lbs - 13.5lb - 8st 0.5lb left to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 10lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week2--4lb---12.5lb - 2st 1.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 5.2lb - Total - 13.4lb - 77lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 2 - 12lb - 2.7 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 6lb - 16lb total - 45lb to left to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 2 - 14lb - 3 stones to lose
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 11.5lb - 4.5 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 4 st 10 lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 2 - 3.5lb - 9.5 total from 4 stone to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan - week 1 -5lbs - 4 stone to lose

RE. Side effect - My moods are all over the place! And seemingly able to switch from defeatist, miserably Emma to optimistic, uncontrolably happy Emma!

hello

Hi i'm new to this and lighter life but i've been reading some other forums and i can see what a good support they've been to people on the diet so thought i'd have a go.

i'm 6 days in so weigh in tomorrow

catgirl

Hi catgirl and welcome!
Good luck for WI tomorrow, hope it's a big one...

PB and DD - thanks for the advice. I think I will try to stick with it as I don't think I could truly control my eating with loads of food and alcohol on offer. Maybe after the 14 weeks of foundation I will be able to face it better. I will tell the happy couple not to order food for me :cry:. There DONE!

Foxtrot - well done on your 3.5 loss! That's a quarter of a stone. Brilliant. Why are you coming our of ketosis?

Hello Catgirl, welcome to the forum. Good luck tomorrow :D

Catgirl - when people said to me before I started (I lurked on this site for around 4 months before actually going onto the packs) I never used to believe it when they said that it gets easier after week 2.

It does. I still miss food, but I don't crave it for the majority of the day as before. Just make sure you get a routine and keep it and have plenty of thing motivational around you to get you through wobbles. (I have a mini wobble most days if I'm honest.)

EG. Full stash of magazine, luxurious bubble bath, or for me I am making a scrapbook, and its helping me to look at it when I get all down!

Also to write a list of why you are doing this diet, and a list of targets you want to achieve. That helps in low times I find.

Hi thin inside

I think by the time the wedding comes you will decide not to eat at the wedding.
I also would ask them not to count me in for the ordering of food. That should help with the motivation.
Imagine how fab you will look and feel by then and the weather will be better and you'll be able to wear something more summery.
You can still enjoy the day and just quietly do your own thing when it comes to the food and drink.
You can have sparkling water with ice in a
nice glass. Nobody will notice whether it's gin and tonic, champagne or water.
I was surprised to realise that most people are so wrapped up in themselves they won't notice what you are doing.
Good luck whatever you decide.

:character00250:

Back