January 2009 - Starters

siim, sorry to hear that.
hope you are coping eating wise ok
daisy x

Thanks all!

Yeah. Last night I took the decision that my scales were going to be buried in a cupboard and left there to gather dust! From now on, it's weekly WI's only - my scales are messing with my head too much.

Susianna; Don't worry, what you're doing is sticking to the diet which is far more important! Think what a stunner you'll be when you're done, and how good you'll feel for having been strong enough to stick with it!

Thank for the support. So far I'm still on plan but Saturday evenings are always tough. I think I'll run up a hefty phone bill...

Well done on another fabulous loss PB! And in the 14s next week eh? Amazing!

Hi Everyone - Saturday nights are a bit dull without being able to eat arent they - but it will be SOOOO worth it!
Foxtrot you are doing so well. Not sure I would have been able to get back into it so easily as you have.
PB - woohoo! Into the 14's!!
Sorry about the job Slim but if you give in and eat something you'll only feel worse - but just think you'll be even slimmer when you go for your next interview!!! :) And you'll be so proud of yourself!

No, it's the perfect typo, JazzyB!

And every food pack we eat we get closer to being it SIIM!!
Just think what we will be like for the summer. I hated last summer as even though the weather was pants, I couldnt get into anything nice and felt miserable about my weight throughout!!

you are right saturday nights are horrible not being able to eat - any other day i'm fine, but i hate saturdays.

but... thinking about summer is good, i'm going to get some photos out and look forward to this summer looking fantastic

daisy x

By summer we will all have finished! How good will that be!!
I sorted through a load of clothes the other day and have to say I chucked loads of stuff away. I never want to put the weight back on. I already feel so much better and I'm looking to a good old shopping spree in a couple of months!

unfortunately i won't be going shopping for a while as i have loads of smaller size clothes already.
I was in 14s in august - so really have another stone to go before i start to feel i'm actually losing weight!
will be good when i get back into 12s tho - then i can start shopping for 10s - gives me time to save up
daisy x

My birthday is in march, so I'm going to ask my parents to contribute towards a new wardrobe when I go to see them at easter; I should be at target weight by then!
It's so exciting thinking about new skinny wardrobes!

I was a stone and a half slimmer this time last year when i went away for a work so I know what you mean about having clothes already. But I still want some new ones!!!
I decided to do LL as I needed to get into my cocktail dress and some suits for the business thing this year so needed to lose it in a hurry and guess what??? I checked them out yesterday and they fit and I have a week and a half still to go!! WOOHOO!!!

I was a stone and a half slimmer this time last year when i went away for a work so I know what you mean about having clothes already. But I still want some new ones!!!
I decided to do LL as I needed to get into my cocktail dress and some suits for the business thing this year so needed to lose it in a hurry and guess what??? I checked them out yesterday and they fit and I have a week and a half still to go!! WOOHOO!!!
That must be a great feeling!
I'm still wearing the same stuff as I was before LL, but I realise they were stretched to the limit then, and I'm noticing that my skirts seem an inch or two longer than before. I'm not trying any of my 'next step down' clothes until I've lost at least 2 stones because then I'll be where I was when I got them (does that make sense?).

Hi everyone!
How is everyone's weekend going?
I've had quite a good week this week, have managed to drop a dress size since starting LL (this is my third week) so i have just purchased a few size 12 items of clothing i'm sooo pleased!!!!
It was my boyfriend's 21st and we had a party last night, I cooked and prepared all the lovely lovely party food and watched everyone enjoy it! I'm amazed at my own will power! It was great cos I was sober the flat wasn't a mess :) hehe!
I have my week 3 weigh in tomorrow so i'm hoping for good things!
Is anyone else feeling the cold? I don't think i've ever been so cold brrrrrr!!!
xxxxx

:)Hi everyone ,
Sorry I have not been here for a while but have been feeling .:(:confused::sigh:. Only lost 4lbs in first WI & then another .4kgs ( not even a lb ) in my pop in then on week 2 WI lost 2 making 6lbs. I was so constipated it was making me look 10mths pregnant & feeling so sick.I also started eating the bars am allergic to them as have come out in itchy rash. So this week has not been very good for me.
Started with light laxatives on Thursday but not been any use so started taking Ducolax as recommended by Becky
which worked this morning. Went for PI & have lost 3lbs since Weds.:happy036::bliss:So that is 9lbs in total so hopefully it will start to come off as I think I need to take laxatives a couple of times a week to help me along the way. IBS has a lot to answer to.
Anyway :welcome2:to all the newbies & hope you like this thread as it is fantastic & very supportive.
Took me ages to read all the replies as I had not been on for a week so can't really reply to most of them.
As I am not very computer literate could someone please add my weight loss on to the total I know its not much but we will the total of a horse eventually.
:0clapper::grouphugg:To everyone on their fantastic weight losses for this week & many more of them for the future
Sue

Hi

I started on the 5th January too and this is what ive lost so far;

Start date 5 January 2009

Week 1 - 10.5 lbs loss
Week 2 - 2 lbs loss
Week 3 - 5.5 lbs loss

Total loss to date: 18lbs :p:p

Goal 1 - Get past week 1 - Achieved
Goal 2 - Lose 1.5 stones by end of Jan - Achieved!
Goal 3 - Valentine's Challenge - be size 16
:D:D:D:D

Sorry to hear about the job SIIM, I know it's really hard when you've got your heart set on a certain job, you imagine yourself in the role etc. I'm sure something else will come up, although it might take a short while before you find the dream job.

Well done for all your great losses this week.

I find the weekends particularly hard, so in a way I look forward to Monday as I know it's the start of a new week and more weight loss ahead.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Louale x

Just a quick post; I didn't get the job I was interviewed for on Thursday. I'm really upset as it was perfect for me (and I thought I fitted the spec and interviewed well), and I'm desperately trying to apply all the CBT and "Adult" ego state I can to stop me going into an emotional eating binge. I don't want to ruin nearly four weeks of LL, but I feel so (Gordon Ramsay-esque expletives) thwarted.

Sorry you didn't get the job. I know how much you wanted this. I know it's little consolation but I agree that there will be something even better for you (even if you thought this one was perfect).

See you tomorrow night x

Morning everyone.

Sorry I've not been around for a few days - work has been manic and I was even there yesterday for most of the day :(

Came home and for some reason my internet connection was playing up - it was taking 5 minutes to open up every thread :mad:

In the end I gave up and went to bed to watch TV. I ended up watching stuff on Sky+ and for some reason there has been loads of programmes on weightloss and being fat etc etc and I seem to have watched them all. Watched the programme on Thin People Not Getting Fat and Gok Wan on Obese Teenagers (to name just 2) and tbh I found them all really depressing. They all seemed to say that once you're fat you'll always be fat or have to face a lifelong battle to remain slim. I don't need to hear that, I need to believe that yes, it will be hard work but it won't be as hard as it is now forever :mad:

Anyway, on a cheerier note, welcome all newbies and hope your journeys are going well.

Well done everyone else on your weightlosses.

Do you think we could at least lose a moped if we can't lose a mini????

WOOOO Lost 5lb this week!! Amazing! That's 1 stone and one half pound in 3 weeks despite everything
:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 6lbs - 18lbs Total - 5.11 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 3 - 5lbs - 18.5lb - 7st 9.5lb left to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 3lbs - 13lb total - 4 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week3 -3lb---15.5lb - 1st 12.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 3 - 4.4lb - Total - 17.8lb - 73lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 3 3lbs. total = 1.1stone - 2.4 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Cream Crackered - 6th Jan - Week 3 5lb. Total 19lb - 2 stone 10lb to go.
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 19lb total - 42lb to left to lose
sansukh - 1st Jan - Week 4-- 20lb - 1 1/2stones to lose
JazzyB - 7th Jan - Week 3 -3.5 lbs 18lbs total 24bs to go!
DeckingJim - 7th Jan - Week 1-3 = 22lbs - 48 lbs left to goal
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 12lb - 4.3 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 2 - 4lb - 13lb - 3 st 11 lbs left to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb - 1 stone .5lb from 4 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 5lb - Total 18lbs - 4st 10lb stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 3, 4lb, total 16.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 1 - 4lb total 6lbs- 6 stone to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan Week 2 - 5lbs - total 10 lbs - 4 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 2 - 18lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose