January 2009 - Starters

Well done JazzyB! doing so well, 22lb is a fab loss overall.

:DThank you PB - I'm really pleased. I was having ridiculous nightmares about not being able to get to pick up my food packs and I rang the LLC about 4 times yesterday and emailed her. What a pest eh? :eek:
I even dreamt I had eaten real food (though I cant remember what - and obviously wouldnt go into detail even if I could), but was so relieved when I woke up and realised it was only a dream that I could have cried!! :giggle:

Had my week four weigh in tonight and only lost two pounds ... felt really down... but after reading the last two pages of posts feel so much better - so a huge thank you to you all!

The week four weigh in appears to be an odd one ... the body is clearly adjusting and maybe starting to freak out a little and trying to store all it can. After a 10, 4, 5, it's also hard to adjust to only 2 psychologically ... but I must remember to stop and look at the bigger picture ... that's 21lb in four weeks ... where else could you possibly achieve such results ... without amputating something!

So thank you all... you're inspiring, galvanising and truly motivating.

And haven't even measured myself again yet ... think I might save it for the weekend to keep me going!

Cream crackered

I've done that before JazzyB, in my dreams I'm convinced I've eaten something. Then I wake up and I haven't, and for a minute I'm confused - then BIG relief!

I'm feeling a bit cr*ppy tonight, don't know why.. I feel like having a second bar but rest assured I am not going to! Must be just hormones I think. Blummin hormones.

Yes I had the blues on Sunday and watched people eating around me and wished i could eat too. Its the first day I have found it difficult but I was over it the next day thankfully.
I think the end of the first month is probably a landmark time. We're a third of the way through at least, its beginning to show and people are beginning to notice (which i know makes me uncomfortable) and the weight loss begins to slow down.
I'm sure you'll be over it by the morning - why not read some of your book PB or a LL magazine. I read mine in the bath!!

2lbs is still fab Creamcrackered - just think how much you have lost altogether and imagine it in lard/butter. Disgusting eh??

Thanks for the kind words of support JazzyB! Yeah I'll be alright and I'm not about to lapse or anything (considering there's some rather delicious f**d in the house is quite impressive). I count myself lucky that it's only me and one housemate, so I don't have to cook for anyone or watch them eat. Thank goodness, I'm sure that makes it a lot easier than for most.
I think it was partly reading my book that put me in this state! It's a counselling book and this one chapter pushed a few buttons for me.
Anyway enough about me.

I'm so proud of everyone, you're all doing so well, and already 1/3 of the way through! Fab!

well done to all for losses.

i have just put some pics in my profile album of day 1 and yesterday - has made me feel better as i can see the difference!

daisy x

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 3.5lbs - 21.5lbs Total - 5.05 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 4lbs - 22.5lb - 7st 5.5lb left to lose

Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 3lbs - 13lb total - 4 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week3 -3lb---15.5lb - 1st 12.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 2.2lb - Total - 20lb - 73lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 3 3lbs. total = 1.3 stone - 2.2 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Cream Crackered - 6th Jan - Week 3 5lb. Total 19lb - 2 stone 10lb to go.
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 19lb total - 42lb to left to lose
sansukh - 1st Jan - Week 4-- 20lb - 1 1/2stones to lose
JazzyB - 7th Jan - Week 3 -3.5 lbs 18lbs total 24bs to go!
DeckingJim - 7th Jan - Week 1-3 = 22lbs - 48 lbs left to goal
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 12lb - 4.3 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 2 - 4lb - 13lb - 3 st 11 lbs left to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb - 1 stone .5lb from 4 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 5lb - Total 18lbs - 4st 10lb stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 3, 4lb, total 16.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 1 - 4lb total 6lbs- 6 stone to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan Week 2 - 5lbs - total 10 lbs - 4 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 2 - 18lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose
Sean(JSF) - 2 Jan - week 4 - 6lbs, 34lbs total - 4 stone 1lb to lose

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 3.5lbs - 21.5lbs Total - 5.05 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 4lbs - 22.5lb - 7st 5.5lb left to lose
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose

Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 3lbs - 13lb total - 4 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week3 -3lb---15.5lb - 1st 12.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 2.2lb - Total - 20lb - 73lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 3 3lbs. total = 1.3 stone - 2.2 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Cream Crackered - 6th Jan - Week 3 5lb. Total 19lb - 2 stone 10lb to go.
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 19lb total - 42lb to left to lose
sansukh - 1st Jan - Week 4-- 20lb - 1 1/2stones to lose
JazzyB - 7th Jan - Week 4 -3.75 lbs 22lbs total 20bs to go!
DeckingJim - 7th Jan - Week 1-3 = 22lbs - 48 lbs left to goal
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 12lb - 4.3 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 2 - 4lb - 13lb - 3 st 11 lbs left to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb - 1 stone .5lb from 4 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 5lb - Total 18lbs - 4st 10lb stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 3, 4lb, total 16.5lb - roughly 4st to lose
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 1 - 4lb total 6lbs- 6 stone to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan Week 2 - 5lbs - total 10 lbs - 4 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 2 - 18lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose
Sean(JSF) - 2 Jan - week 4 - 6lbs, 34lbs total - 4 stone 1lb to lose

Does anyone do exercise here?

I'm just wondering because it seems to be a pattern with me that even though I'm in ketosis and on it 100%, I get hungry the day after exercise? (to be fair yesterday I did walk 3.5hrs on slippy snow!) Does anyone have the same?

Not really noticed it and I have upped my exercise this last week (but it didnt increase my weight loss as far as i'm aware).
I think if I walked in the snow for three and a half hours I'd be hungry too though PB!! LOL!!

PB thanks for comments about photos!
i can't believe the wedding one was only 6 months ago - am kicking myself for putting on so much weight in such a short time!
daisy x

Seriously you're really pretty! The before photos I really thought weren't bad at all!

hie everyone. i started lighter life last week 27/01/09. so far so good but i had a problems with the soups i couldnt stand the soups at all. LLC advised me i can finish the foundation stage just on milkshake and bars. To be honesty am ready for the journey and i will keep posting how am getting it on.

Hey there Kay! Glad to have you here on board, you will find it a great source of support I hope.
Good luck with your LL journey, wonderful to hear you're all ready and fired with it.

Welcome kays04! Don't worry about what you like - whatever gets you there! You might find your taste changes as you go along.

Well done T_I, Jazzy and C_C on your losses and another week done! You're all doing brilliantly.

OK i'm positive again this morning!
I have just been for a swim - and am determined to do my 10,000 steps today so that next week when i get on the scales there is more than 2lb gone!

hi kays04
welcome to LL

Well done for losses everyone - even if they may be smaller than you hoped for. Glad you're positive again Diasy.

And Kays04 - I started my LL journey with at least one of every flavour - and after loving the thai chili, chicked and veg soup I've spent the past week gagging at the thought of them. I'm having a week of Choc shake (only one I can get down with lots of ice) and peanut bars as these are the only ones I can get down and stay down!

Okay - this is weird to say but I want to say it.

I have struggled this week - lots - but I haven't lapsed. Feeling proud.

But...I'm dreading weigh in this week! I feel like I've sabotaged this week by being so negative - like I've thought I couldn't do this so my body has kept its fat. I know this is illogical but I have proper butterflies!

Back