January 2009 - Starters

I'm like SIIM - I hope to lose 4st on foundation then follow up with another 5-6 on development. Hoping to be done by Sept/Oct and into RTM. SIIM - I had thought the same. Get about 10lbs below where I want to be to allow for the glycogen restocking. I'll see how I feel though as I get down to that sort of weight. Struggle to imagine it just now.

I know, I feel the difference already but to be normal is unimaginable. I see our starting tickers are about the same, so looks like we'll be keeping each other company through the summer!:)

A couple of people in our group confessed to lapsing this week. One because she was stranded without packs for a day and another because they were in the house all the time.

I'm going to find it interesting to see how they get on next week... I just hope that with support they'll be one of those lucky ones.

I am determined not to have to go down that route.
No, the thought of lapsing and then trying to get back on track is my new Room 101! It's terrifying when you see people from MMs who seem really focussed then they slip and even with their experience it's a real struggle.
Jan starters! Call to arms! We will not lapse!

Sorry, I was laughing at Siim getting on Husyen's treadmill!

D**n, and I thought I was on a promise!:D He's a smooth talker...:D

Careful with the laxatives ladies. One fart after too many and you could be embarrassed!!

Look at it this way, what exactly are you putting in to come out??

I take one a week just to make sure things are flowing but it’s hardly anything to write home about.

Morning all. Thanks everyone for your support. I'm really chuffed with my trip away. I was worried but the original conference I was heading to was cancelled because of the weather and this was just a trip with my boss and colleague. The conference has been reorganised for beginning of March so I'll have to face that one again. However this trip being successful has made me confident about the next one :D

Re the question on Developers, I really don't want to go into developers but I know I'm going to have to. I've said it on other threads but I hated developers last time. But this time I hope it will be different because I won't be on a deadline like I was last time. Like Foxtrot I reintroduced food before I should have. I was desperate to get into RTM (I also needed to to reintroduce food before I moved house and left my LLC) and left developers earlier than I intended. I did a few weeks of RTM and then completely struggled. I'm back again too (almost where I started in 2006) and think that you should really consider staying to complete RTM, PB. Not doing it was the worst thing I ever did :mad: I didn't have a choice (moving 300 miles from my group) but if you have a choice I'd stay.

SIIM, I have used Dulcolax in the past quite successfully, but luckily haven't needed it this time. I was finding however that I was probably taking them uneccesarily to drop weight before a WI - a very bad habit to get into, so I'm going to avoid them if I can :(

Sue, well done on your loss :D

PB, good luck with your WI today :D

No, the thought of lapsing and then trying to get back on track is my new Room 101! It's terrifying when you see people from MMs who seem really focussed then they slip and even with their experience it's a real struggle.
Jan starters! Call to arms! We will not lapse!

I agree - I hate seeing other people on here struggling so badly. I've been there myself unfortunately.

Not on LL, but over the last 2 years I have done CD on numerous occasions and one little slip can easily lead to another, and you're back where you started :(

Careful with the laxatives ladies. One fart after too many and you could be embarrassed!!

:giggle: I have to agree with this one. I'm afraid I've been caught out in the past (I had a rather "traumatic" experience as a result of falling down some stairs on a double decker bus in Edinburgh). I'm always well prepared these days :eek:

Re the question on Developers, I really don't want to go into developers but I know I'm going to have to. I've said it on other threads but I hated developers last time. But this time I hope it will be different because I won't be on a deadline like I was last time. Like Foxtrot I reintroduced food before I should have. I was desperate to get into RTM (I also needed to to reintroduce food before I moved house and left my LLC) and left developers earlier than I intended. I did a few weeks of RTM and then completely struggled. I'm back again too (almost where I started in 2006) and think that you should really consider staying to complete RTM, PB. Not doing it was the worst thing I ever did :mad: I didn't have a choice (moving 300 miles from my group) but if you have a choice I'd stay.

I don't know what to expect from developers, but I am determined to follow LL through to the end, through all the stages. I know my dieting attempts have failed in the past because of adopting my own version of a plan; or worse still, doing a Bridget Jones (you know, breakfast on F plan, lunch on Atkins, dinner on f*** it, I'm eating)!
SIIM, I have used Dulcolax in the past quite successfully, but luckily haven't needed it this time. I was finding however that I was probably taking them uneccesarily to drop weight before a WI - a very bad habit to get into, so I'm going to avoid them if I can :(
Oh yes, I know that trap, but I do feel I'm bunged up and all the associated effects!

Hi,
As you all know I have had to take laxatines as I was very bloated (couldn't even drink the water) . I found Dulcolax fantastic with no side effects at all. I first took Lactulose (?) which was a sweet sugary medicine & it did nothing for me. Dulcolax are very small tablets & are great I even had to tell my group about it as a few of the girls were experiencing the same problem. Hope this helps everyone else.
Just going to Asda as apparentley they can do my blood pressure & pulse for free rather than go to the doctor & have a small charge for this.

hi
i lost 2lb last week and was a bit peeved about it so i thought i would go to the pop in today.
wish i hadn't bothered, have lost 1lb - so looks like another 2lb next by tuesday.

LLC says i may be drinking too much - i have had 4 and 4.5 litres the last few days(that includes what i have had in shakes etc)

I'm not forcing the water down, i'm finding everything easy, have done 10,000 everyday this week, i'm in ketosis

so why am i so slow?

i know yes, its another lb in the right direction, but 2lb a week can be done on SW WW etc

I asked her about coffee as i have 2 cups a day. she said it is a diuretic and would make me pee more

how does this effect my weight loss?
daisy x

Hi Daisy, I don't think drinking too much water can be the problem - last time I drank 5-6 litres without including coffee and shakes and my weightloss was fine.

I'm drinking less this time and my losses are less too. I think Sue has a valid point - do you stop before WI? I always stop at 4pm on WI day (meeting starts at 8pm) to try and get a consistent reading each week.

I know it's hard (because I've been exactly the same) but try not to become too disheartened. As my LLC said, you are on 500 calories a day, you must be burning approx 3lbs of fat per week - it's just other factors playing their part (women's bodies are a nightmare :mad:).

Sorry to hear about that Daisy - did your LLC have any pearls of wisdom to offer? I know I would be frustrated with this - but I would say give it another 2-3 weeks to see hows its going. You may have a week or two of little losses and then one monster catch up one? Kep going!

Now, I feel bad at telling everyone what an amazing day I am having. But Daisy, if you're struggling just know you'll get to have the day I have just had soon indeed.

I just went into River Island and Topshop to see where abouts I was with their sizes - as I have NEVER, not even when I was at school could I even get any of their clothes about my knees!

I am so happy - I tried on a certain size and they were too big, so tried on the lower AND THEY fit! In both places! Holy pants... I just put a size 14 on in both shops. Then I decided to try on some tops...and some of them fit too.

Any struggles have disapated for now...and I know I am going the right way. There is 9 1/2 weeks left on Foundation - and then I may have 2-5 weeks on Developers. I am getting there. By the time March is ending my target jeans might even do up.

I am so positive and happy today.

So pleased to see you happier Em, I hate seeing anyone sad :(

Well done on your trying on sessions, you'll definately be in your target jeans at this rate :D

I'm quite chuffed about the difference a week makes.

One of my goals in my signature was to move a notch on my belt. I achieved it last weekend by forcing the material on my slightly too big jeans to scrunch inside the belt. I put the jeans on again this morning and the belt is easily on that notch, even with the scrunched up material :D

I'll be missing about 6 of the 12 meetings in total. Would seem pointless to me doing it as I'll hardly be there. I will follow a RTM program of reintroducing foods each week and to be honest I don't think I'm a big emotional eater so although I'll have to be careful not to overdo it, I think it is possible. Anyway that's not for a while yet so no need to worry.

Anyway that besides, I lost 4lb this week, yay!

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 3.5lbs - 21.5lbs Total - 5.05 stones to lose
Somewhere - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 4lbs - 22.5lb - 7st 5.5lb left to lose

Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 2 - 3lbs - 13lb total - 4 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan-Week4 -2lb---17.5lb - 1st 10.5 to lose
Susianna - 5th Jan - Week 4 - 2.2lb - Total - 20lb - 73lb to go
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 3 3lbs. total = 1.3 stone - 2.2 stones left to lose
size102b - 6th Jan-week 0 - 0lbs - 0lbs 7 stone to lose
Cream Crackered - 6th Jan - Week 3 5lb. Total 19lb - 2 stone 10lb to go.
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 1 - 8lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 19lb total - 42lb to left to lose
sansukh - 1st Jan - Week 5-- 24lb - 1 1/2stones to lose
JazzyB - 7th Jan - Week 4 -3.75 lbs 22lbs total 20bs to go!
DeckingJim - 7th Jan - Week 1-3 = 22lbs - 48 lbs left to goal
T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 1 - 9lb - 5 stone to lose
misswee - 09 Jan - week 2 - 12lb - 4.3 stone to lose
JessicaL - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - 16lb - 3 st 8 lbs left to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb - 1 stone .5lb from 4 stone to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 3 - 3lb - Total 21lbs - 4st 7lb stone to lose
Beverley - 13th Jan - Week 2 - 18lbs - 9 stone to lose
PurpleButterfly - 14th Jan - week 4, 4lb, total 20.5lb - 65lb to lose.
Sue P - 14th Jan - Week 3 - 5lb total 11lbs- 5 stone 3lbs to lose
wilbeslim - 14th Jan Week 3 - 5lbs - total 16 lbs - 4 stone to lose
thin_inside - 14 Jan - Week 3 - 21lb - 8 stone to lose
jo1 -17th Jan -Week 1 - 12lb - 12lb - 6st 2lb stone to lose
Becca - 20th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stone to lose
Sean(JSF) - 2 Jan - week 4 - 6lbs, 34lbs total - 4 stone 1lb to lose

Don't know where the pot went!

I'll be missing about 6 of the 12 meetings in total. Would seem pointless to me doing it as I'll hardly be there. I will follow a RTM program of reintroducing foods each week and to be honest I don't think I'm a big emotional eater so although I'll have to be careful not to overdo it, I think it is possible. Anyway that's not for a while yet so no need to worry.

Anyway that besides, I lost 4lb this week, yay!

Fantastic loss :D

Sorry if it seemed like I was preaching a bit earlier, I was just worried, but that was from my own experience, not from anyone else's.

No matter what happens when you get to the point of having to make a decision, we're all here to support each other anyway :D

Exactly WG - I know you feel that you may have upset people by "preaching" but we all know that this is supportive from you - and it is you giving people advice based on your experience. I for one don't think you a preaching - I just think you are an extrememly caring individual that doesn't want to see other go through experiences that you have.

PB - Maybe PM LastStraw once you get to making your own RTM plan up as I'm pretty sure that is the route she took. Might get some invaluable advise there. Also, a book she as just written a thread (essay) about is Eating Less (Say Goodbye to Overeating) is a good book to read. It deals with over eating as an addiction - not neccarily because of emotional issues, which could be a kind of "cover" for the sessions LL give - as they may not be applicable to you. But, that bridge is a way away!

WG, I didn't think you were preaching by any means, I know you're just concerned.

I know that it would be easier on RTM - but put yourself in my shoes, if you had to miss half the sessions, what would you do?

Oh and Emveg, that's fantastic!! You must feel so great being able to get size 14's on! Woo one off from 12's and I'm sure in other places you will be a 12 already!

Thanks Em, glad you understand where I am coming from. I hate to think I've upset someone (another thread) when I truly do care about what happens to someone, when I've experienced the hardships myself :(

PB, thanks for understanding too. I think I would seriously have to think hard as well about things if I was missing half the classes. However, I would say that RTM is not like Foundation (at least it wasn't when I went). It's not a closed group like Foundation and I think just going and getting packs and the support of the group and LLC might be helpful. But I know I am an emotional eater and I need support so I can only say what I'd do :D

Back