January 2009 - Starters

PB - 4lbs well done!
em veg - well done in the 14s!

thanks for replies to me moaning about my slow loss

im not struggling with the diet at all - quite enjoying it, i love not having to think about food and i'm enjoying cooking for my family.

we have loads of stuff in the house that we wouldn't do normally and my kids are actually having things like crisps and biscuits and cakes which although not healthy to have all the time i actually think that having them in the house is promoting a 'healthier' attitude towards food than in the past - if that makes sense.

before all 'bad 'food wasn't bought ,cos if we had biscuits i would eat them all so i refused to have it in the house - now we have a pack and they have a couple a day maybe - or maybe not ,depending if they want them.

The older ones had started buying choc and stuff and stashing them in their bedrooms, which wasn't good. now they don't need to, cos its there. they aren't pigging out anymore in secret - i had actually been getting a bit worried about it. one of my biggest worries is projecting my food probs onto them ( they are both skinny btw)

so i feel that a more healthy attitude is being developed by everyone and they are actually eating more fruit and saying things like 'i've had my 5 fruit and veg today so im going to have a jaffa cake' etc - with no prompting from me!

i just hope after LL i have learnt to control my eating habits so we can carry on having treat foods in.

Back to my weight loss, i was under the impression that more water was good - esp if it was throughout the day.

i have 2 cups of coffee a day. i use the dolce gusto machine sometimes - just have the espresso. I asked LLc and she said not to as it has a creamer in? the ingredients are just coffee - what does she mean?

daisy x

Sounds like the kids are doing well and have a healthy attitude.

Don't worry about the Dolce Gusto machine. I think your LLC probably doesn't understand what an Espresso is! There's no way there's creamer in it! I have had an espresso everyday for years from my Tassimo machine - it is just coffee! Perhaps she's confusing it with the fact you can get lattes/capuccinos etc from these machines too.

Also don't worry about the water, there's a saying on the forum here "The more you drink, the more you shrink". I can't say it's been scientifically proven but lots of people have found it to be the case. Just remember the advice to drink it like a water wheel :)

WH is the expert on coffee pods!

i do drink it throughout the day -just sips all day.

i make sure i run hot water through the machine if someone has a cappucino or latte before me, so i know its clean.
its the only thing i can think of where i could be going wrong - but as you say it is just coffee.

i might cut out a few bars next week and have shakes instead see if that makes a difference.

daisy x

I guess that won't hurt - just testing to see if thats the problem for you. I've had 5 bars a week since I was allowed them and I don't think it causes that much of a problem for me - but we are all completely different!

Hi everyone! I went for a pop in session as I'm away with work next week and i have lost 3lbs since Tuesday night!!Woohoo - thats almost 7lbs in the last week and a half making a total of 25lbs now in 4.5 weeks!!
I'm so happy - especially as the clothes (and the cocktail dress) that I want to wear next week all fit again!!

7lb in a week, that is AMAZING!!! Well done!! :D You must be so pleased.

I am! To be honest I was so worried about this diet, and not being able to stick to it. I'm always backing out of things because I expect that I will fail at them but I'm already nearly 2 stone down and only feel like I have been doing it a few weeks. Actually I have only been doing it a few weeks!! Doh!!

Well done for all for your losses!

Daisy don't lose heart, its quite possible you may catch up over the next couple of days before your WI, one week I stayed the same all week and then seemed to lose it all over the weekend, bodies are funny things. Do you think it could be too much excercise as a friend of mine who did LL a year ago always found her losses were less when she did a fair amount of exercise Its so hard as we are all different so what what helps with big losses for one doesn't work for another. I do sympathise though as I only lost 2.2 last week and would not be a happy bunny to have a low loss again this week for fingers crossed for us both.

x

Sorry Daisy - wasnt being unfeeling, I hadnt read yr post before I wrote mine! I think you r still doing really well. Is your shape changing? I yr doing lots of exercise you r probably building muscle and that weighs twice as much as fat.

I know, I feel the difference already but to be normal is unimaginable. I see our starting tickers are about the same, so looks like we'll be keeping each other company through the summer!:)

Looks like it SIIM :D. Good to know I'm not alone in planning months on Development. I only want to do this once!

hi
i lost 2lb last week and was a bit peeved about it so i thought i would go to the pop in today.
wish i hadn't bothered, have lost 1lb - so looks like another 2lb next by tuesday.
daisy x

Daisy - if it helps - I went to a pop-in and had lost only 1lb, but three days later at the weigh-in I had dropped 4lbs. Don't be disheartened. The weight WILL come off.

Looks like it SIIM :D. Good to know I'm not alone in planning months on Development. I only want to do this once!

I think louale is in it for a while too, so we'll still have a little group.

Yep, this is it - if I don't succeed with LL there's nothing left to do, and I'll just start sewing floral tents to wear and offering my freakish story to cable tv channels LOL :eek:

:( I won't leave you guys if I manage to lose it all in Foundation (which I doubt I will if I'm completely honest) and even when I do, I'm still staying on here with you guys every step of the way.

I came into this with you as the people I can lean on, and my lord I'm letting you lean on me as long as you all need!

:( I won't leave you guys if I manage to lose it all in Foundation (which I doubt I will if I'm completely honest) and even when I do, I'm still staying on here with you guys every step of the way.

I came into this with you as the people I can lean on, and my lord I'm letting you lean on me as long as you all need!
Bless you EmVeg, that's good to hear!

That's good going JazzyB!!

Ellie, I'm sure your LLC would give you a basic plan to cover you over the weeks you can't be there and read the part of the forum on the RTM, it's quite interesting.

Daisy really! Throw those scales in the cupboard and wait for the WI! I bet you'll be ok by Tuesday! Well done on the kids re thinking too.

My WI in the morning. Not sure what i've done but I think I've had my heavy week this week. I haven't got the kit anymore for a proper time of the month but the body still goes through the motions.

I've just realised I haven't weighed myself for about a week and a half. I was a twice a day gal before and now I haven't even thought about it!

I love it when something in you changes and you don't realise for a while!

Hiya,

Well done of some great losses this week!

Emveg - Well done on the size 14s, I know that you really had your heart set on shopping in River Island, bet you didn't think you'd be shopping in there so soon lol

Daisy - I know exactly how you feel, my weigh in is on a Monday and since Monday, I have lost half a llb! I keep weighing myself (Ok, I know I shouldn't) and each morning I weigh the same. Just hope some of it goes in the next couple of days.

I'm sure that you and I will both catch up next week and have a good loss. I've noticed on the main board that those that have been doing for a while have weeks when they don't lose or even stay the same, then the following week they have a massive loss - fingers crossed hey!

Feel quite proud of myself tonight, cooked some Chocolate Brownies with my little boy today, the house smells gorgeous, and I didn't even lick the spoon when no one was looking LOL!

I always find the weekends really tough, in a way, can't wait for Monday to arrive.

Louale x

Emveg - Well done on the size 14s, I know that you really had your heart set on shopping in River Island, bet you didn't think you'd be shopping in there so soon lol

You know, I didn't think I would be there so quick, but I guess I was never "as bad" as I thought I was.

I did get quite annoyed that for the first time people working in the shop actually served me - rather than just look right through me. But, hey - people are ridiculously superficial (tbh me included) and I'm not suprised by it.

I'm positive that the weight will come off both of you at a pace you're happy with - all our bodies are different and it may take a couple weeks for it to show on the scales. But you are losing fat. I bet you in a few weeks I'll be one here being disappointed with my losses and you can tell me the exact same thing I have just said using this as an experiencE!

Daisy, all that matters is that you are lighter than last week. Try not to become hung up about having a certain amount to lose each week because you can become dispirited by it. Just know that as long as you stick to this diet you WILL be losing weight! And some weeks will be more, some weeks will be less. Keep going, and congratulate yourself on how well you're doing.
I have heard someone saying that too much exercise on this diet can make your body want to retain more fat and doesn't help weight loss because it 'panics' about recieving a very low calorie intake and then lots of output via exercise. Don't know where I heard that though..

Back