January 2009 - Starters

Well hello everyone!

PB - I prefer the turning stop, but mastered the heel stop aftr a while!

Foxtrot - are you talking about the free step? Focus on doing step to get the free one!
Hope your ankle gets better catgirl!

Amazing loss Armour_Bobby! Even though I do have no idea what the KG - Lb conversion is!

I made a big step today. YES I have been wobbling, but less and less. I've been thinking more and more positively. Other the weekend I found that for a longer period of time I have felt happy..content even. I have brushed off comments that I would usually let completely tear me down.

I am living by the motto at the moment - which is a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

I have loved this quote for a long time - but its the first time I've really had it apply to me.

One thing I have always wanted - but never have because I thought "its horrible on a fat girl" - is to get a tattoo (I know, not to everyone's taste but its mine!) and I went to get mine designed today for April24th inking!

I have had them design a silhoutte of a swan in the sunset, on the water with the Eleanor Roosevelt quote below.

To me swans are graceful, beautiful and to me represent transformations too. Everything I have always wanted to be - but I have always felt like the ugly duckling. Slowly but surely I am finding myself seeing all the above in me and its a glorious feeling. I know I can take on the good days as well as I can the bad.

Good luck with the tattoo! Go for it! :D And your motto is lovely, I just wish I could apply it to myself. Finding the confidence to do so, is quite a lot more tricky though.

Hope the ankle is better soon Catgirl, PB just be careful on those roller blades, we don't want you nursing a bad ankle too! lol :D Great excercise tho!

Em tatoo sounds great, go for it and just like you've been mastering this week, don't worry what other people think, what's important is that you like it and its a great way to mark your LL journey.

Just back from WI and lost 3.4lbs, so much happier than the last 2 weeks.

Good luck all for this week, oh and amazing loss AB!

SIIM - wk 5 - 2.5lbs - 25lbs total -108lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 4, 4lb - 20.5lb total. 65lb total to lose
Sean(JSF) - wk 6 - 7lbs - 46lbs total 44lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 5 - 3lb - 18.5lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan-wk5 -1.5-19lb-23lb to go
SexyBecks1 - wk 3 - 3lbs off - 21lbs total - 60lbs to loose
Sue_P - wk3 - 5lbs off - 11lbs total - 73 to loose
Susianna - wk6 - 3.4lb- Total 25lb - 64 to go
Daisydoll - wk 5 -3lb off -20lbs total - 33 to go lose
JessicaL - wk5 - 3lb off - 23lbs total - 43lb to go
Westiegirl - wk 5 - 9lbs off - 22lbs total - 47lbs to lose
thin_inside - wk 4 - 4.5lbs off - 25.5lbs total - 100lbs to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Louale - W5 - 2.5lbs off - 24 total - 69lbs to lose
Emveg - W5 - 3lb off - 25lb lost - 36lb to lose.

Hi everyone, how r u? I'm back from the conference and I didnt eat after all. Not at all. I sat with my bars each night (even one night at an Italian restaurant - the p**ta food is my fave!!). I was very surprised at myself as I didnt even mind!!

I have been trying to catch up with the threads - I seem to have missed a lot. You all seem to be shooting about on roller blades this week!

Glad yr feeling better now with your knee Foxtrot.
xx

That's fantastic Em!! You sound so good!! Well done for sitting on those demons. (Thanks for the hint on the stepping, I did two of each this morning. I think I could get rhythm at this rate!!)

Good loss there too susianna, a nice shoot up after the past couple of weeks.

That's fantastic Jazzy! You have an iron reslove to survive that, just remember what you went through if you feel a wobble coming on. Knee is doing well back to physio tomorrow, eek!

Onwards and downwards all!!

well done susianna!
FT - keep doing the step one, it will unlock it eventually, honest
daisy x

jazzyb
well done at the conference, you must be feeling really pleased with yourself
daisy x

Thanks Daisydoll, I am relieved its over to be honest - I am quite proud that I achieved it though. It was my eldest nieces 18th last week too so i had to go out to dinner on Friday. I thought I would be strong enough to sit there with my bar again but I'm afraid I bottled it at the last minute as my brother is not the most tolerant or understanding individual so I ended up ordering a meal and pretending to eat it. I cut it up and ended up passing most of it to my two sons and only ate my bar (discreetly, bit by bit). I dont think anyone noticed and I avoided a row!!

Well done on your weight loss this week, I hope I have lost too after all the worry of last week :)

Oh nice one jazzyB, for a minute there I thought you were going to say you lapsed! Clever strategy though.. And well done on the conference!

Well done as well to susianna, 3.4lb is great!! :D Have done the chart again as it seems to have been an older one copied, and my weight loss last week was missed off.

PurpleButterfly - Week 5, 4lb - 24.5lb total. 65lb total to lose
Westiegirl - wk 5 - 9lbs off - 22lbs total - 47lbs to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.

I told my parents today; well my dad popped in to see me and noticed immediately a difference in weight (is almost 2 stones down since I last saw him!), so I told him about the diet. He was thrilled and so impressed!! And so I told mum as well tonight and she was equally thrilled and impressed when I sent her the comparison photos.. I was going to keep it a secret til I saw them at target weight, at easter but then plans changed and now I'm going to be seeing them in 2 weeks anyway so the secret's out!

Thanks Ellie (PB) and well done you! Yr looking great and I see you had another good weight loss!
I had one dodgy moment last week which was quite funny when I look back at it! On my first night I was 3/4 of my way down my sparkling water when I suddenly realised there was a lemon in it!!! God did I panic - I text my old boss at about midnight to ask him if he thought I had ruined my diet and come out of ketosis cos I knew he did the Atkins diet a few years ago. Luckily for me he was awake and rang me to tell me to stop being an idiot and go to sleep! He did manage to put my mind at rest though!! :D

ps PB I think we have the same fridge!!!:8855:

ive got a family meal coming up and i don't know what to do -not sure if i could get away with what you did jazzy - but am considering it.

i really don't want to have the hassle of telling in laws about LL. One will be dismissive and know it all - one will be whittling and forcing me to just have a bit of salad etc

i don't want to tell them

i have thought about saying i have toothache etc and not eating, but know they will be 'upset' if i don't eat.
every meal we go for all we talk about is the food we are eating!

think i might combine the toothache with jazzys trick of pushing it round my plate and feeding to hubby (who will be delighted!) at least that way they will be pleased i'm eating

families!
daisy x

Haha!! Thanks jazzyb! Yeah actually I committed a sin today too, my dad made some tea and put a drop of (skim) milk in it. I drank it, I don't think it's going to be a huge crisis having a tiny tiny bit of milk. It's funny what we have panics about at times though!!
And re: the fridge, it's obviously such an amazing fridge that it's popular the world over!! :p:8855:

Daisy, it was so easy - no one noticed a thing I'm sure and my brother would have felt insulted and would have been difficult i'm sure if I hadnt eaten. As there were lots of people there, some of whom i hadnt seen for 15yrs or more, I didnt want the hassle or the embarrassment! Good luck if you try it. xx

Back from my WI - another 2lbs off for me, although being weighed in KG means that I lost out on .86 of a lb :eek: I'll happily stick with the 2 though because it's all I needed to meet some of my goals :D

Westiegirl - wk 6 - 2lbs off - 24lbs total - 45lbs to lose

Last edited:
I assume that's your Valentines goal??? Well done!!!

Well done Em on making so much progress. I love that quote - I wrote about it in my diary recently and had it in my signature, until I put too much other stuff in there :p Can we see a pic when it's done?

Well done Susianna - glad you feel better this week - remember swings and roundabouts!

Jazzy, well done on your achievements this week at the conference and family meal. It just goes to prove how little people pay attention doesn't it, and how we can achieve the things we think we possibly can't :D

Daisy, hope you find a solution to your meal dilemma - the toothache/feeding hubby plan sounds like a good one ;)

PB, glad your secrets out, it gets a bit too difficult to hide after a while :D

Double well done then! :D

I'm about to tip into the 13's myself, hopefully tomorrow, I might actually weigh myself to see if I've done it yet! But then, maybe not.;) I could just save it for the Sunday weigh in. :D

Lovely post Em!
Welcome back Jazzy - you did so well!
Well done on your much better loss susianna!
(and well done WG of course, another goal ticked off!)

Thrilled after my WI - 6lbs off! So VDay challenge met, onwards and downwards. Realised when editing my various whatnots on here that I'm into the 16s (not bad going from over 19stone!).

I'm away in Bristol from tomorrow morning and they don't have computers etc. I am taking my laptop but will only be online if I can nick someone's unsecured wireless broadband LOL. Back late Sunday so have a brilliant week everyone!

SIIM - wk 6 - 6lbs - 31lbs total -102lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 6 - 2lbs off - 24lbs total - 45lbs to lose

Back