January 2009 - Starters

I know. Thanks for your support Foxtrot.

I know it's not all plain sailing but this is the first time that it has been a bit lower. But I will know for next time. I feel so much thinner today so I am getting there.

Hope everyone else has good losses this week :girlpower::scale:

Well done everyone

You've got good support going on here for each other and you are all doing so well.
Good luck for the rest of your journey. xxx

SexyBecks: think of it like this, both of us are on week 5 and despite a low weight loss this week, we both have near as dammit the same overall weight loss. So, well done on your nearly 2 stone loss! :D

Good morning lovely ladies

I feel on fire this week, and after an amazing loss last week wasn't expecting anything toodramatic, however my wonderful body has managed to burn off an additional 5lbs in fat over the last week, so I'm seriously happy.

Now 51lbs lost, over 1/2 weight loss and exactly 1/2 way through the time I planned to stay on abstinance. All nicely on track.

Don't worry about low losses, a friend of mine only lost 1lb last night but he's been on LL before and knows that he will average 4lb each week (last time he had 3 weeks where he stayed the same), so keep the faith.

Oh, yeah. I've lost the equivalent of a bale of hay + a hamster!

Last edited:
-4lb for me, very happy with that. Still on for 3lb average.

SIIM - wk 6 - 6lbs - 31lbs total -102lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 5, 4lb - 24.5lb total. 65lb total to lose
Sean(JSF) - wk 6 - 7lbs - 46lbs total 44lbs to lose
Foxtrot - 12th Jan - Week 5 - 3lb - 18.5lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk6 -3lbs -- 22lb -- 20lb to go. SexyBecks1 - wk 5 - 1lb off - 25lbs total - 56lbs to loose
Sue_P - wk3 - 5lbs off - 11lbs total - 73 to loose
Susianna - wk6 - 3.4lb- Total 25lb - 64 to go
Daisydoll - wk 6 -3lb off -23bs total - 30 to go lose
JessicaL - wk5 - 3lb off - 23lbs total - 43lb to go
Westiegirl - wk 6 - 2lbs off - 24lbs total - 45lbs to lose
thin_inside - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 27.5lbs total - 98lbs to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Louale - W6 - 3lbs off - 27 total - 66lbs to lose
Emveg - W6 - 4lb off - 29lb lost - 32lb to lose.
JazzyB W6 -4lb off 28.4lbs lost 13lb to go

Sean(JSF) - wk 7 - 5lbs - 51lbs total 39lbs to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk6 -3lbs -- 22lb -- 20lb to go.
SexyBecks1 - wk 5 - 1lb off - 25lbs total - 56lbs to loose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Emveg - W5 - 3lb off - 25lb lost - 36lb to lose.

TOTAL LOSS = 413.9lbs (= a welsh pony + a bald eagle + a rack of ribs!!)

Last edited:
Okay - I'll post mine again then.

Sean(JSF) - wk 7 - 5lbs - 51lbs total 39lbs to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk6 -3lbs -- 22lb -- 20lb to go.
SexyBecks1 - wk 5 - 1lb off - 25lbs total - 56lbs to loose
Emveg - W6 - 4lb off - 29lb lost - 32lb to lose.

Well done EmVeg, great loss

Well done you both!!!

I've put on a pair of pre wedding Levis today that I could nowhere near do up a month ago so I'm a happy bunny. I've also, despite feeling cold all the time, dug out my Fitflops to wear around the house. Every little helps.

Onwards and Downwards all!!

Wahey go you Foxtrot! And well done on the loss Sean!

I realised I made a boo boo with my goal weight - only 3 lbs too much - but it means that I am officially half way through weight wise!

well done guys!
daisy x

Yeah that's fantastic, well done Sean, EmVeg and SexyBecks! :D

Well hello everyone - seems a little quite.

I am in a really good place mentally at the moment. A few comments have been made that would normally have me doubting myself so extremely. But I'm still feeling good. Really, I have just over a stone to go until I am in the healthy weight bracket, which is where I want to get to. After that its all vanity and confindence sake. I have been toying with the idea of possible going to LL Lite when I get to that point to get the last stone that I WANT off, not what I need. I know this sounds so strange ... but I kind of feel I would be okay going back to f**d even now. I'm not scared of it anymore, and I know that re-introducing is the hard part... but I feel like I won't be controlled by it anymore. I don't think I will control it either. I think I could live in harmony with it for most of the time! I have never felt like this on a diet.. I have always known I was doing things too soon, but I know that I wouldn't struggle if I went over to LL Lite, or even to do my own thing - which I NEVER thought I could.

This past 3 weeks has been tough emotionally, but I got through it, made some amazing realisations, and didn't turn to my old friend of binging once.

I feel empowered, like I could do anything because I know I am capable.

I'm not saying I am coming off the programme, I know this could all possibly go and I'll be insecure again in a few days (although, honestly, I know I won't..) so I am going to give LL until I reach the 10 1/2 mark. Once there I'll see where to go, it might be that that will be my time to naturally come off completely and go onto RTM, or like I said LL Lite.

Who knows?

All I know is I am feeling great.

PS...I would also like to point out that the best thing about re-reading what I just wrote, was that not once did I associate being at a goal weight, and looking a certain weight with being happy. I feel like I've grown up and realised they are very seperate things. And if I'm happy, I'm far more likely to succeed in the long run anyway.

"I feel empowered, like I could do anything because I know I am capable." And so you should!

What you've achieved so far is remarkable (and that goes for all who stick with LL) and should be applauded for the achievement it is.

I know exactloy how you feel about f##d, and can honestly say I'm looking forward to reintroducing it - not becase I want to eat, but because I want to prove to myslef that I have changed, and I know that I have.

Liberating thoughts.

For my 2p worth EmVeg, I'd stay on LL until you get within a few lbs of your goal weight the go through RTM. ut whatever you feel works best for you is right for you.

Nice one

em you sound as if you are in a great place!
i'm really pleased for you
daisy x

Wow Em, you're really shining on this journey!! Well done!

Em, Good on ya and you've definitely got to do the right thing for you!

I know what you mean about feeling ok about introducing food again but for me I've got about 2 or 3 stone left to lose still, I need to stay on LL. But even if I had a stone left to lose, I'd probably still stick with it if it was me, just to save messing around with different things as much as anything... But it's totally up to you and your decision! Glad you've come to such a positive place about your relationship with food, anyway!

Got my WI tomorrow and I've got 3 potential mini-goals I could make, if I hit 5lb this week then I will hit them all. 4lb I will hit 2 targets. And 3lb I won't make any of them! So I'm excited and nervous. I think I'm going to put a sweat suit on and go for a run for a few miles like the jockeys do to lose weight!! Hehe but I'm trying to think, if I don't make the targets this week I'll make them next week which'll be right before my birthday = :D

Oh PB, good luck with the targets, but great to hear you won't be TOO downheartened if you don't.

I know my post was a bit confusing earlier... So many good thoughts going through my head. I am staying on LL until I am happy, I'm just not setting in stone WHERE I SHOULD be happy if you get me. I'm losing the stone to get into a healthy weight, and then going until comfortable.

Well done Em on your positive break through. The only thing I would say is that staying on LL means that introducing food through RTM is the controlled way to do it (and ensures you don't fill your glycogen stores too quickly). I'm not saying you couldn't manage on your own, but the way I look at it is that new foods are introduced every week and you then get to test your reaction to them - not just mentally - but physically too. I know what I think is my weakness, but I might be surprised when I get to that week that it doesn't affect me at all.

Just my thoughts and not casting any doubt on your ability to go it alone, but just another point of view :)

PB, good luck for the WI today and loving the positive attitude that if you don't make them today you'll make them next week :D

hi guys!

just thought id pop in and see how your all doing??? and it seems fab, your all so good for getting along so far and the weight loss on all your tickers is super!

im still having chest pains so im not able to loose as fast as i want, ive still not gained the stone i lost on LL but ive lost no more either.

ive got myself a personal trainer who is doing me a programme but he refuses to start me while im still getting these pains so i guess ill be fat for a while longer at least!

keep going guys, your all fab x

Back