January 2009 - Starters

i only had one shake with milk it was horrible!

i just drank milk cold, warm and in coffee (i know it says not to, but it was horrid in the shakes)

it was nice in the porrige tho

daisy x

Em
- tattoo picture please!
daisy x

Haha!

This was taken last night as soon as I come back from having it done..and now its all nice and red so will take a proper picture next week or two when its all nice and healed!

My god...I love it, I love it, I love it.

I got this because of a few reasons....the main being that to me Swans represent beauty, strength, grace, love. That I have felt like the ugly duckling my entire life and not I feel like a beautiful swan. That when I was at my lowest during my teenage years when I was depressed, and serioulsy hated me and didn't see the point in living I would go down to a small lake just behind our estate and watch a single swan on the water. It was always there and I always poured my heart out to it....and I always thought if the sadness of it being there (swans mate for life so have they lost theirs or never found had a chance to find it...). Those times sitting at that lake watching its beauty was my haven. To me.....that swan represents survival, strength and compassion.

Attachments

• MY TAT!.jpg
    MY TAT!.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 29
thats lovely - really symbolic for you.
where have you had it done?
did it hurt you ?
- i have 2, and a low pain threshold i think - as i nearly passed out when they did my first one lol!
x

Had on my lower back - mostly across the spine that now has less padding!

You know what.. I did have the numbing cream and it worked so well for the first 20 - 30 mins. When he done the test w/o ink to see if I could handle it I honestly felt nothing - I thought he hadn't really done it!

After 30 mins it got progressivley more painful but nothing was unbearable at all. Once I had to bite my lip but Tony was so amazing chatting and joking the entire time and basically we were just having a good time.

Honestly, one of the best experiences and results of my life.

And I know it won't be my last.

What/where have you got them?

i have a rose at the top of my thigh which i had done about 20 years ago! tbh i don't really like it, but i forget its there most of the time.

i also have one where your swan is - its a sort of pattern, which i do like, but its a bit small, so i may have it made bigger, when i am at target, and when i am brave enough!"

Very nice Em and a good reason to have it done too.

Mine across my back has shrunk and gone darker after the weight loss. :D It's back to about what it was like when I had it done 8 years ago. It's almost from hip to hip and OH has thought it hilarious to watch it shrink with me. :rolleyes:

My other is rather old and faded over my shoulder blade. Always wondered about having it re inked but I quite like it's age (25 :eek: !).

Beautiful

Em, love the symbolism of the swan.
And so true, you have strength, grace and beauty.
So pleased for you that the picture is beautiful, even before it's healed.
It can only become more lovely - like you xx

I'm down another 3 lbs today. YAY! I'm over the three stone mark now and 2 people have said I'm looking nice and don't believe I'm 12.5 stone, apparently I carry it well (!) .

I'm a bit cross that messing with my water messed up my losses for a couple of weeks but there you go. I am, at the same time, quite relieved that my body seems to object to too much as I really do struggle with it in real life so it's learn as you live I guess.:D

I slide over to LLL this week for a week to introduce the basic intake and then go to LLL RTM from next week. I'm mentally ready for this and I if I gain I'm not too worried but from reading in the LLL and RTM posts gaining doesn't always happen too bad. Can't wait for the holiday and using the knowledge I will have learned from the diet so far. I'd be really happy with another stone off but I can do that when we come back if need be.

Daisydoll - wk 16 -2lb off -46lbs total - 12 to go
Emveg - W14.5 - 5.5lb off - 58.5lb lost - 0lb to lose!!!
Foxtrot - Week 14 - 3lb - ....42.5lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB- wk12- 6lb- 34.5lb- 7.5lb to go.
JazzyB W12 -3lbs off 49lbs lost 0lb to go
JessicaL - wk14 - 4.5lb off - 48lbs total - 18lb to go
Louale - W16 - 1.5 - 45.5total - 49lbs to lose
sansukh--wk14--3lbs off-41 total -1bs to go.
Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 1 - 4lbs - 97lbs total 7lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 14 - 5lb - 43lbs total -38lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 11 - 5.5lbs - 41lbs total -92lbs to lose
Susianna - wk 15 - 4.8lb- Total - 51.6lbs -31.2 to go
thin_inside - wk 14 - 3lbs off - 58 lbs total - 74lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 15 - 7lbs off - 53lbs total - 23lbs to lose

FT thats a good plan methinks. You will be able to enjoy your holiday knowing that you will be able to stay in adult state and make the right choices.

Emveg what a lovely personal explanation for the symbolism of the swan tattoo. Looking forward to seeing the picture.

FT - well done
good luck with your LLL/RTM plan!

daisy x

Em, what you said reminds me of something we were told in lecture once, I'll write it as well as I can remember it.

According to ancient wisdom from the north american indian tribes, because animals preceded us onto this world they believe that every animal has lessons to teach us. Every person has a particular animal that they call their "power animal", pretty much the same as a totem really. The qualities that that animal embodies are the ones we need to learn in our lives, or ones that resonate with us. Often the power animal manifests itself in our life as an animal we are drawn to, like a recurring theme that touches our life. It doesn't have to be the animal actually appearing, it can be pictures which keep cropping up or whatever.

I know it's a bit wacky but I actually think it's quite beautiful in a way..

Hey all!
Hope everyone is doing well!
How are you all finding developers? I had to miss my meeting this week due to my dissertation deadline this week! I need all the time possible haha!
I had a pop in on Sunday, only 1lb loss for me this week. I'm a bit disappointed but i've not been very good with my water intake so i'm going to try and up it this week
xxxx
JaneyB- wk12- 6lb- 34.5lb- 7.5lb to go.
JessicaL - wk15 - 1lb off - 49lbs total - 17lb to go

hi there
have lost 2lbs tonight which is ok - but it has now been 2 for the last 3 weeks
i want it to be 3!
down to 9.9 now and very nearly healthy weight!

daisy x

Have you noticed how our bodies go in cycles? Perhaps that's why the fellas lose at a different more constant rate to us. You are also very near what your body would class as it's limit I guess, BMI not withstanding. You've done really well Daisy, don't worry to much about what stats say, be comfortable in yourself.

You've done really well Daisy, don't worry to much about what stats say, be comfortable in yourself.

Can I echo those sentiments to everyone on here. How you feel in yourself is 1,000 x more important than the BMI readings, I think too many people get caught up in the numbers and that's one of the reasons why so many who get to/near goal weight are disappointed that it doesn't suddenly make them feel happier/more confident/more attractive.

Well done FT, Daisy, Jessica and all the Jan starters, so close now you can almost taste the finish line. Then the fun really starts.

JaneyB- wk5 RTM- 46lbs lost 4lb below target.

Sorry not updated for a while, as you will see I am sitting 4lb below target and enjoying RTM.
Well done to everyone in the Jan starters in your achievements. xx

Daisydoll - wk 17 -2lb off -48lbs total - 10 to go

2.6 off for me this week. Have made the decision to make this my last week in developers due to health issues and after discussion with GP and LLC, so going onto RTM next week. Tiny bit dissapointed as still have 2 stone to go but needs must and RTM for me is going to be how I learn to manage my weight "for good" and I couldn't risk getting to the point healthwise where I might had to come off LL altogether so feel this is definitely the right thing for me!

Hope you are all having a good week!

Daisydoll - wk 17 -2lb off -48lbs total - 10 to go
Susianna - wk 16 - 2.6lb- Total - 54.2lbs -28.6 to go

hi susianna
good for you making the decision - you may find you still lose a few pounds in RTM and in a few months time you can maybe tackle the last few pounds
you have done fab anyway hun

enjoy RTM

daisy x

Back