January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

Good luck for tomorrow hooley!! :)

Oh, and Mel, you deserve that pat on the back girl!! Let me pat it too... coz, for every day you stick to this diet, you're doing an amazing thing... something many people just wouldn't be able to do!! So, go you!!! :D

xx

Hello, Good luck to all of you!! Every year I make the same new years resolution....But I have reached my breaking point! So here's to 2011!! I have an intake meeting tomorrow with a Cambridge Diet Consultant! Wish me luck!

Wow!! Melarnz your pictures are a great inspiration... You look amazing!

Hey wannabe_barbie!! Good luck for tomorrow! :)

Yup, you're in good company... 2011 is the year for all of us... I can feel it in my water!! (Of which I am drinking a lot!!) Lol... ;)

xx

Thanks everyone for your wishes, well done to everyone for their losses and good luck to everyone going for WI today x

Great results. Mel you are a fantastic inspiration - well done.
I'm feeling on the way out of the back hole I was in. It is a really emotional time - something to do with LL I think. Onwards and downwards (weight that is) is what I say. :)

That's the spirit Milly... we're all here for you, and many of us have experienced similar, to different degrees, so sympathise totally...

This diet is very extreme... I mean, it's easy to forget exactly how extreme!... Totally abstinent from food?!?! That's serious!... But, we're doing it... some days are harder than others, but we are determined, and push on, some times after a slip up, sometimes not... but it's the strength of will which does this! You are so strong, and doing so well... but it's an emotional journey, doing this extreme diet... Mentally we may feel ready to lose the weight... "enough is enough" kind of thing... But it's intense, our bodies are changing on a daily basis, it's all very dramatic, and without the familiarity of our fave foods to level us, it's no surprise we can feel low sometimes! It's totally understandable!

I'm so glad you are coming out the other side of it anyway... another example of how strong you are! Good on you... As you say, onwards and downwards hunny... Keep smiling... :)

xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Been a bit absent on this thread recently - been superbusy! I lost another 3.5 last week (tues weigh in) which i was a bit miffed with having not experienced the massive loss in my first week that I had first time round.... but a loss is a loss and I'm enjoying the jeans feeling looser already. I've broadened my foodpacks to include veg soups rather than just choc shakes and a couple of nut fudge bars a week and think it's realy helping as the soup seems to tide me over for longer than the shakes. I'm now able to manage until I get home from work for pack number 3 and then have another later in the evening. We talked about trigger times in group on tues and it made complete sense to try and save a pack for when i get the munchies in the evening. Sometimes I do feel like I've still got so so far to go, but i'm confident that this time i will get there!

I've been trying to read all the posts on this thread - everyone is doing GREAT and I'm proud of all of us that are learning to manage our weight with LL xxx

Just uploaded a few pics in my albums to remind myself I haven't done all that bad after all ;)

Well done everyone.
Hi Loula.I'm glad it's going well for you. Hope to see you again soon.
Mel - great that you are in the zone again. Congratulations.
You'll be gorgeous in that dress. xxx
Mags- just off to look at your pics...........................;)

Pinkie

Thanks so much. As you say this is an extreme way but will work and it is the strength that carries us through. With great support for people like you I know I can do it and we all will together. Thank you, thanks you, thank you x

Slendabenda!!!!
Ur pics look amazing! u look sooo different!!!! how long did this take u??

Last edited:
First off - Slendabenda - you still look absolutely fantastic!! So nice to see a familiar face still looking fantabulous.

Now the reason I am really here!

I was part of the LL January thread for 2009, and two years after I first lost the weight, I thought I would come back and have a look at where I started...wish was exactly where you guys are now.

So, I just wanted to say, that by the looks of it you are all doing amazingly well, and keep it up. It is no walk in the park, but keep to it, keep you're head "in the game" and each and every one of you will get the rewards you deserve. Personally, I was on abstinence for three and a half months, and I found the best way to do it was to stick with it 100%. BUT, if you do slip up, don't bear yourself up about it. Chin up and move on....because if you put in the work you'll get what you want in the end.

LL was a hard, but amazing journey. Overall, I lost four stone in abstinence, and finished at 9 stone 10lb. I did continue to lose in RTM and after (so ignore my ticker!!!), but I have sat at 9 stone - 9 stone 6lb for the past 18 months once I got my head around eating again. Granted, today I wiegh 9 stone 6lb, but I'm also 12 weeks pregnant, so I don't think that is bad going at all! I just want to say - it is possible. Yes, its only been two years, and it didn't fix all of my problems, and no, I'm not 100% happy with my body. But I now get that that is okay. I don't hate my body, hate myself or let it get in the way of anything. Since LL, i've taken leaps and bounds in going for a new career, I got married in a gorgeous slim-fit wedding dress, and I am having our first child. LL, helped me, but so did I.

Each and every one are capable, and I wish you all the best of luck. You just remember, you DESERVE this. And I hope you get exactly what I got out of this experience.

xx

What a lovely post!
Thank you! :)

And congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!
Wishing you all the best xxx

Aww yeah... thanks for your post Em... always encouraging to hear a story of someone keeping the weight off for so long! Well done by the way! ;)

...and congrats on your news! Fab!! :D

xx

Really good post EmVeg,just shows it can be done with determination,and congrat's on your pregnancy all the best!

Sexy xx

Congratulations on your pregnancy Em x x

Do u think loosing the weight and keeping it off helped you conceive??

I'm dying to be a mum and it's the main reason for me doing LL again x x

Wow Em - hello and congrations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Married and pregnant and slim.
It's posts like yours that make people realise they can do it too.
Yes, Lighter Life is great, but you are right.
YOU DID IT and you are maintaining too.
:superwoman::happy096:
Good luck with the baby xx

I forgot to say - fab photos. You look lovely in the black dress. Look at those slender legs.............. who's supposed to be on the other end of the lead? xx;)

Back