Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

The really low cals basically means the pill isn't absorbed properly so if you're having breakthrough bleeds it probably isn't protecting you!

The really low cals basically means the pill isn't absorbed properly so if you're having breakthrough bleeds it probably isn't protecting you!

EEEEEK don't say that!! I couldn't bear to get pregnant now. What can I do??

Cambridge babies are a known but generally unmentioned potential side effect... You'll be fine for now but you need to take extra precaution for sex. You need to assume that the pill isn't working in afraid!

Sorry!

So the programme tonight, they basically put them on these diets:

Feasters - slimming world type diet (high protein, low GI - carbs wise, yes to pasta and basmati rice, no to potatoes & bread.

Constant cravers - intermittent fasting. 2 days a week up to 800cals low carb. No diet but eat healthily on the other 5. It'll be interesting to see a mass trial of 5:2...it's only really been done on a small trial basis. Also I wonder what made them decide up to 800cal instead of the more oft quoted 500...? Also interesting they specified no carbs on fast days.

Emotional eaters - low cal & habit breaking. Recognises the value of group support, including over the Internet (yay minimins!) and SW or WW.

It was quite gimmicky ...all the strawberry picking, what was that about???? And I don't believe we all got into exactly one of those 3 groups. But it's nice they recognise that one diet does not fit all.

What did you all think?

Cambridge babies are a known but generally unmentioned potential side effect... You'll be fine for now but you need to take extra precaution for sex. You need to assume that the pill isn't working in afraid!

Sorry!

So if I up my cals but keep the carbs low (i.e. eat more chicken and quorn etc) should that stop the breakthrough bleeding?

Aw no :/ it really messes up.your hormones hun xx

Looool bless

I agree watching it i felt bid fit into all of those groups the genetic side of things will be interesting to find out though too! It was a little odd in places and that guy crying because he's only had 800 calories i felt like screaming try 2 friggin weeks u mother f**** jees lol

Just gone on to bbc web too and the what diet suits me best test won't load?!
Good program though x

Off 2 bed guys i will i mean will try and keep up now there's so many new peeps on here.. its so nice to see all the support and it. Really helps keep looking on here.. good luck to tomorrow's weighers too and well done u guys that have weighed in xxx night all

So if I up my cals but keep the carbs low (i.e. eat more chicken and quorn etc) should that stop the breakthrough bleeding?

Yup. If you up the cals a bit (ss+ is probably enough!) then you should be fine. The VLCD seems to make those not on the pill more fertile and those who are on the pill have to be careful to be sure it's working. A few more cals won't harm your losses but might prevent a nine month gain!

Xxx

Yup. If you up the cals a bit (ss+ is probably enough!) then you should be fine. The VLCD seems to make those not on the pill more fertile and those who are on the pill have to be careful to be sure it's working. A few more cals won't harm your losses but might prevent a nine month gain!

Xxx

Thanks for that :) Im already on the equivalent of SS+ (but no milk) as I'm 5ft10 but I'll add in some extra chicken to up the cals as I don't like milk.

Hopefully that'll fix it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Congrats all on your fab losses! It's great to see everyone doing great! :)

I only meet my CDC every 2nd week so I won't have my first weigh in until next week - so I have to stay at 0lbs lost for now!!

Morning!
I enjoyed the program last night but don't really agree that everyone can be put into 3 groups and given a diet which can then be called personalised. And group 1 & 3 were pretty much basically the same weren't they?!?!

Would have liked to see group 3 on Cambridge SS!! And that guy crying after one day of 800 calories of real food!! He annoyed me because I just thought of all the other people who would have loved the opportunity he has been given and would have grasped it with both hands instead of feeling sorry for themselves. Who gets the feeling that group won't lose much weight as they aren't gonna eat healthy but pig out for 5 days? I thought on the 5:2 diet the 2 low calorie days were meant to be non-consecutive and I was very surprised they got into ketosis so quickly!

I have been having blooming periods too. I am on the Depo birth control injunction so haven't had any bleeding for 7 years!! My consultant wasn't bothered about it and didn't say anything about it actually affecting my fertility. Luckily my husband is away til March but I will mention it when I go for my next injection in Feb. although I love to wind my hubby up about wanting another baby I don't actually want one now! My kids are teenagers, I am starting to build up my business and I will be 40 next year!

I'm not about the ketosis...I read that we burn ketones every night. It's that permanent state of ketosis rather than a temporary one we're looking for on a vlcd...

He was a baby, wasn't he...

I'm getting annoyed that in all the bbc stuff I read (there's a free book if anyone's interested), it keeps saying that "constant craver" is the hardest to overcome! I assume that means the 5:2 lot found it difficult and lost least weight...

Anyway part 2 tonight :)

I wouldn't want to start again on the kids front either...but as I don't have a partner, immaculate conception will be the only way, so I shan't worry too much about my fertility on this diet...

Have a good day everyone!! I will have to read up about that 5:2 diet as I don't get how you can have 2 low calorie days then eat what you want the rest of the time and still loose weight! The other way round I would understand, having 2 treat days like the weekend or something! But will have a read up :)

Yeah I don't have any yet but neither me or my husband want to get started on that front for a good few years! Lets hope a few extra protein cals sorts me out because apart from the risk, the breakthrough bleeding is flipping annoying!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hii everyone, room for another?
I'm on day 7 on ss. Weigh in at 11.20 today. Trying to lose 3 stone to get to pre pregnancy size and weight. Very nervous. Stuck to the diet with 3 ssachets and lots of water to the letter so hopefully Il be motivated by the loss. Good luck to everyone getting weighed today!!

Back