Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Yay Miss Ama!!! (((High 5)))

Keep up the good work MissAma you done really well last night, you can do it again today!!

Feel bit better but very shakey and dizzy :/

Hi Marcia!! (((Waves))) :)

It's early stages people, just push through, keep the end goal at the front of your mind :)

Right, well that is hubby safely seen onto the train. Will take him about 24 hours to get to work. Will see him again in about 80 days :(

Really want chocolate but am determined to stick to protein only until I see my consultant on Monday. Besides, if I can do it now when I feel so sad I know I will be able to stick to it anytime!

Aww allneedles that must be hard but your doing such a great thing imagine his reaction when he sees you! All the best for your Monday appointment xx

How do I take the bloody tree down?!? Every time I mention it FirstAndLastBorn has a complete meltdown "no mommy!!!! I want the Xmas!"

Can I say something slightly controversial from bitter experience, ladies? Find 1-3 shakes you really like the taste of and forget about the porridge, the better tasting ones, the flavours you'd enjoy, what you can safely chew, etc - for two reasons: a) this is designed to take the food out of your life and with it the idea of treats, etc and if not it will be much harder. Every time I've tried the chewing gum, the water flavourings, the mousse, the porridge - it made it so much closer to stick and I eventually fell off the horse, the only thing that works is clean SS I think and b) and this is the happier reason - you won't care once firmly in ketosis - the shake will be a chore - never hungry, never feeling any need for it you'll have to force yourself to even have it.

Don't take it the wrong way please, just trying to spread what I -sadly!- learned these past few years. Then again you all have much shorter journeys ahead and less to lose so maybe you'll be fine by borderline-food-ing as I call it when I am in that frame of mind.

Hey everyone. Just stumbled across this thread! I'm on day 2 of SS and starving! Trying my best to spread out my shakes but really want one now! Lol. Must keep strong!

Always good to have diff views and opinions and everyone finds what works for them :)

Hi Emzilknight yes stay strong :) keep at it!

Love the pic!!:)

How many grams of carbs are in a CD shake?

:) thanks, no more of that unfortunately! Just checked the back of a packet I have on me and it doesn't say actually :S hopefully someone could advise?

I also got iDrated because you can set your own target for water consumption:)

HI Everyone

gosh this thread is sooo long now!

I started on Friday and weighed a shocking 15st 9lbs - the heaviest I've ever topped the scales at!! so I have made a vow to myself I will never ever see those digits again!!

I'm on day 2 now!! doing good!! Yesterday I had 2 ready made shakes, the strawberry and the chocolate - strawberry was ok, but the chocolate was to DIE for! will be ordering that again next week. I also had a rice pudding - that wasn't too bad either. Today I've had a ready to go chocolate shake, and a chicken and mushroom soup that was really nice too :) one left to go!! think I might have the apple porridge! I've had that before on lighter life and its super yummy! :)

I'm really busy with work - so hoping thats going to keep my mind off eating! I worked for most of the morning and went to the post office, then stopped at a little cafe on the way back with my other half for a green tea!! Green tea is supposed to be good on the diet - I can remember doing lighter life and the weeks i'd had lots of green tea always produced good weight losses! so I'm going to try and do that again this time :)

right need a wee!!! haha!! has anyone else kept count of wees in a day!! its HUGE!! hehe!!

have a good weekend every one!! we can do it!!

xxx

Back