Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Thanks Jo. I need to complete the steps or I'll end up back where I started. Atkins worked really well for me maintaining until I got an office job 14 months ago and I've piled 2 stone on in that time :(

At least you know how you'll maintain when you finish though! Thats positive. How you feeling?

Was u still losing weight the same wen she moved u up a step x

Yeah I think it's something like that, once you are at a healthy bmi you move up, coz I remember last time I mentally prepared myself for sole source for a month or even longer and after 2 weeks my consultant moved me up to step 2, was a nice surprise! I guess it works on a pn individual basis and how much you need to loose etc.
Roughly 8-10 weeks for most it sounds, feels long but, 8-10 weeks out of our wholllleeee lives is nothing really! :) trying to be positive :)

I really need to look at the book again lol. Consultant asked if I wanted to incorporate food and I said no as I'd fail straight away. Loving the positivity!

Yeah I think it's something like that, once you are at a healthy bmi you move up, coz I remember last time I mentally prepared myself for sole source for a month or even longer and after 2 weeks my consultant moved me up to step 2, was a nice surprise! I guess it works on a pn individual basis and how much you need to loose etc.
Roughly 8-10 weeks for most it sounds, feels long but, 8-10 weeks out of our wholllleeee lives is nothing really! :) trying to be positive :)

Yeah I'd rather have completed plan successfully in 10 weeks then look back on 10 weeks more wasted and hating myself for being out of control. Its a positive investment for the long term. You going to do the steps?

I'm anticipating a longer haul! I get the feeling I'll be on at least another 12 weeks cycle and maybe even part of a third one. I have a lot more weight to loose than you guys though - hopefully another 5 and a bit stone.

I'm SO ready to be back on it tomorrow, I honestly can't wait for my shakes - how sad is that. We (me and my other half) have a Gym induction tomorrow too. I'm just going to do some gentle cycling or walking and some weight stuff as well so I *should* be okay on SS says my consultant but obviously I need to see how I feel.

You're all doing fab ladies!

Omg i said the same thing too x

I was loosing weight on step 1,2 and 3, as they are all still low calorie, I guess the idea is to introduce foods and get your body used to consuming but still either loosing weight or maintaining. Coz if you went from say step 1 to eating food, it would all go out the window so, it's good that CD is a gradual process in that sense

At least you know how you'll maintain when you finish though! Thats positive. How you feeling?

Feeling fine as only the first day but expecting the headaches in a couple of days. Feeling hungry now and had a coffee and water but not ready for sleep yet. Be peeing constantly :rolleyes:

The constant weeing is horrible! Your bladder soon gets used to it though - I'm going to have that tomorrow as I've hardly drunk at all over Christmas which is very naughty!

I'm anticipating a longer haul! I get the feeling I'll be on at least another 12 weeks cycle and maybe even part of a third one. I have a lot more weight to loose than you guys though - hopefully another 5 and a bit stone.

I'm SO ready to be back on it tomorrow, I honestly can't wait for my shakes - how sad is that. We (me and my other half) have a Gym induction tomorrow too. I'm just going to do some gentle cycling or walking and some weight stuff as well so I *should* be okay on SS says my consultant but obviously I need to see how I feel.

You're all doing fab ladies!

You've done absolutely fab with your weight loss so far x

I was loosing weight on step 1,2 and 3, as they are all still low calorie, I guess the idea is to introduce foods and get your body used to consuming but still either loosing weight or maintaining. Coz if you went from say step 1 to eating food, it would all go out the window so, it's good that CD is a gradual process in that sense

I also found that if I ate straight away when I hit goal I'd put on a load of water weight, then feel like I'd need to restart plan again cause I'd be immediately over goal, and might as well indulge for a few weeks before going back on plan and then a few weeks is a few months! What did you lose on step 2 and 3?

Sounds good Paigesmum30, you have an aim and introducing light gym work will help shed the lbs even quicker and tone up! Just take it easy if you feel weak or anything with barely any calories inside you :)

The constant weeing is horrible! Your bladder soon gets used to it though - I'm going to have that tomorrow as I've hardly drunk at all over Christmas which is very naughty!

I've drank plenty over Christmas............wine, vodka, lager, cider, champagne..............didn't help much lol

Thanks Paigesmum30 - It's a marathon not a sprint! I need to print that off and put it somewhere I see it on a daily basis I think!

Aha ok as i dont think otll b lp g b4 my bmi is in range tbh id say within the month so that'll make it easier if i were to have a small meal though i wouldnt want that to slow down my loss x

Sounds good Paigesmum30, you have an aim and introducing light gym work will help shed the lbs even quicker and tone up! Just take it easy if you feel weak or anything with barely any calories inside you :)

Thanks Gina. I live on the top floor of a block of flats so that's enough to start off with ;)

I've joined you on the Cider, wine and Champers when I should have been drinking water! I've got my last glass of rum and pepsi next to me. At least it's diet I suppose!

On sole source I loose like 2lbs or 3lbs a week, as I started to move up it was like 1 or 2lbs a week, which doesn't sound much but it's I'm the right direction, plus not sure if your consultant has one of them fake fat blobs, 1lb of fat looks and feels so much bigger than it sounds!! So never mock or feel disappointed at a 1lb loss :) also as I don't have tons tons of weight to loose I know I'm never gona get the huge losses a week everyone else does. Also I never chose my steps or anything like that, I just took instructions from my consultant as to what stage she thought I should be on :) stages 4/5 and 6 is near enough goal and introducing near enough all food and if you keep a rough diary and you get to see, if you pretty much stay the same every week, that's the weight you should naturAlly be and what your body is happy being, if you start to put on weight you need to see what foods affect it and maybe not have them as much (example potatoes) and if your still loosing weight then she may advise to up your calories slightly. Whatever works for you individually :) xx

Back