Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Thanks Jo1989! Thought i would have been doing myself a favour by going to the gym, but don't really want to slow down my progress
anymore! I would be gutted if i didn't loose so much because i had been to the gym!

Will just have to stick to the three packets and plenty of water for now then! :)

Hey all im not gonna b posting tonight im so tired had an ok day decided im gonna do step 2 as Ive been reading reviews and the weight loss is still good. Think this will help me too so my consultant is happy with that n so am i i might do one more week on ss not sure yet. Hope u guys r all ok xx

Hey everyone, I'm still alive! Not as easy to pop on this to write at work! Survived my first proper day back in the office, just had my choc shake and big bottle of water, it's busy so I managed to get through! Day 5 almost over!
Skellybob step 2 is still extremely low calorie so if anyone is finding sole source hard it's defo a good step to do with great weight losses to!
Everyone sounds positive and like they are doing well so that's brilliant! Welcome and goodluck anyone new!!! Xxx

I know this might sound really daft, but how do you know if you in ketosis other than the obvious and testing your pee!

Feel like I'm drinking so much water and stuck to the plan surely I should be noticing something by now. (I started on the 2nd).

Hi ladies!
Hope you don't mind me joining your thread, I started today and was looking for people in the same boat! I'm 16.7 and 5'7... Basically huge! Feeling determined but hoping joining a forum will give some extra support.
How's everyone done today?
Vicky x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I wouldn't worry too much about ketosis - your losses will be just as good with or without it its just some people feel it makes it easier. Regardless, if you're sticking to plan you'll be in ketosis.

Ginabeany - hi! Glad you're still on track.

By the way girls, in case you didn't know, there's a minimins app which is probably easier to use than the site.

I only get v mild ketosis symptoms (luckily!) I rarely notice anything except my hunger disappears. For example today - day 4 - I just haven't been hungry so I'm making the assumption tha I'm in ketosis now or thereabouts. Had a mild headache yesterday....that was about it...

Thanks about the app! Day 5 now and I'm totally on it with the products and feeling ok! I get odd moments in the day where I feel absolutely starving, then randomly it passes! I try and down the water at that point!

Skellybob...I'm playing around with food too...keeping low carb but I'm taking it day by day as to whether I stick to three packs, four packs or two packs and a meal. The way I see it I if I make it manageable for me, however fast I lose it'll be more than if I force myself then end up bingeing. I'm much happier with a little (low carb) food in my life. Particularly as I have to keep cooking for the kids etc.

I think whatever works to bring you closer to goal is perfect :) As you say, better that then give up!

Hello all, I started on the 3rd so I'm currently on day 3! And I am starving! Cannot wait to hit ketosis! Not really a fan of some of the shakes so far but do feel a difference even after only three days! Can't wait to weigh in, I've set myself a four week challenge on Ss with a hope to move up the steps! I'm currently 13 St 6 and 5 ft 3!

GOAL WEIGHT: 10 ST

Day One done! Had a Chocolate Bar for breakfast, an Oriental Chilli Soup for lunch and a Mint Choc shake for my tea.

Gym induction went great. Did 25 mins on the tread mill, 5 on the rower (OH didn't want to do more on that one, but I liked it!) and tried some of the weight machines as well. Need to get a routine sorted for next time I think. Hopefully was light enough exercise, even if muscles do feel a little sore now! Also really need to get an e-book or two sorted for next time because it's not the most exciting thing to do in the world I suppose.

Yeah dietninja I think it doesn't matter what exact plan or step everyone is on, you have taken the big step of cutting down and cleaning up your diet since the new year so that's the best thing, your only gona be loosing weight so keep it up! :)

Hi everyone sorry have been off for a couple of days, after not doing anything for days, today has been crazy busy. Woke up at 4 feeling absolutely starving so had my first shake at 6- not fun for later in the day!! Went for a swim though this morning to take my mind off of things and felt really good after (though still ravenous).... Once Id made it past 4pm though I started to feel like a whole new person, haven't been hungry at all tonight and hoping to get a good nights sleep tonight after the last couple of days. Going to swim again tomorrow as it keeps me motivated.

Am already over 6lbs down which is amazing... Hoping for 10 by Friday!!

Work was bloody hard though, they had an all company meeting this morning (which I didn't attend as am freelance) but when I got back into the office there were sausage sandwiches and champagne everywhere!! Kept busy at lunch running errands so didn't think about food, hoping can manage the same tomorrow as now feeling really proud that I got through a day in the office on plan!

Have had to whack the heating up to the max though this evening as I'm still freezing which is a bit of a bore.

Was a bit annoyed this morning that my sticks didn't show I was in ketosis but fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Well done everyone who started today and managed to stay on plan, the first day is a massive hurdle!

And welcome Vicky, I started out at 16 2 in the very beginning and am 5 6 so probably a similar shape!! It's so worth all the pain once you start seeing the lbs drop off!!

Have got rid of all bloatedness now and have a new pair of red jeans to wear tomorrow and some knee high black boots- first time I've ever fit in non-wide leg boots- woohoo!! Although not at my thinnest will still feel like an achievement to go to work wearing something remotely fashionable rather than the usual jeans and baggy jumpers!

Skellybob step 2 worked really well for me last time, I was on sole source for 2.5 weeks but still had great losses on step 2. I did find doing a bit more exercise on step 2 helps to keep the big losses going.

Off to bed now but thought I'd update you all! Hopefully tomorrow will be less crazy and might be able to log on before half 10 at night!!

Congrats on your day Dawn! We've got a breakfast meeting at work tomorrow where we have sausage and bacon sandwiches and I'll think of you as my inspiration!

Glad you're feeling better this eve, you'll feel even better tomorrow. Keep focusing on those losses :)

Dawn- what a hero being around sausage sandwiches and champagne and keeping strong, amazing! And Jo1989 url do good aswel! Office environments can be the toughest so credit to you!!!
our office isn't toooo big on food although the guy I sit next to is an extremely large Turkish guy who not only eats but talks about food 24/7 so that does make me hungry! Has has two massive slabs of greggs bread pudding most days for breakfast!!! :( although to be honest looking at him actually makes me feel like I don't want to eat the bad stuff as he is in a really bad state health wise and I would never want to let myself get to that through bad food, I keep trying to convince him to cut down if anything else!
Hope everyone's feeling ok! Weight is dropping off us as we speak! Xx

Back