Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Good luck on all the weigh ins tomorrow! Looking forward to all your updates.

Think most of us are through the first (and hardest!) week now :) How's everyone feeling at the end of the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi everybody, I started Cambridge yesterday, so only on day 2. Getting married in July and really want to loose 1 1/2 St. Had a poor start yesterday as I could not stomach the porridge meals but I can swap. I am highly motivated to loose the weight for my wedding but today I feel so weak, dizzy and nautious. Worried about feeling weak tomorrow at work (school teacher). Do these symptoms go away?

Yes. I'm a chemistry teacher so on my feet all day, and I actually find it much easier when I'm at work as I am distracted. First few days take a boiled egg or extra shake in just in case as obviously you can't feel shakey or off the ball, but I started on the thurs (2nd Jan) and completed a full days teaching on the Mon without any problems. My biggest problem is definitely fitting the water in...its half a litre or a litre before school, half at break, half at lunch then the rest in the eve.

Good luck :)

The first few days/week are no doubt the hardest but it's just so worth it, stick it out and when you see your first week results you will want to keep going :)
I am so happy to be doing this and being on track but I agree with others I find it easier in the week coz I'm distracted at work and I never frank alcohol or was that naughty food/drink wise in the week anyway but weekends can be tough! End of the day at work Friday I really fancied a glass of wine and last night I spent the night with my sister in law with her working her way through a bottle of prosecco, was so jealous sitting there with my water! But deep down was proud of myself! Anyone else had any tricky or tempting times this weekend at all?

So I guess there are four of us weighing in tomorrow at the completion of our first week! Really excited, particularly having read earlier posts about other people's first week results! I have resisted the scales all week, as I was worried that my loss would be small and scared that this may have demotivated me! Went for a longish walk today. Had to sit down after a particularly steep hill, which I've never had to do before. I was fine after a short rest, but it made me feel like an old woman!
Good luck for tomorrow to allneedles, Becksy1, paigesmum30! Hope we record great losses! Have a good night all! xxx

Having a tricky time right now...we've had leftover party food in our kitchen for a week now, and it hasn't bothered me, but this evening it's calling me. I'm having an extra bar and staying away from the kitchen. I will succeed, even if I've just gone up a level for a day! Carbs still low enough to stay in ketosis.

Yeah I found today hard as we went to the cinema and I totally associate the cinema with a big meal before and then tons of sweets/nachos/whatever while in there. Drank tons of water instead today but it was still a challenge!

Dietninja - can you just bin the food??

Good luck to you too Joy-full, and to allneedles and pages mum! With my usual impeccable timing I have just reached TOM, so if not great tomorrow am telling myself it will be better next week!

Yeah I found today hard as we went to the cinema and I totally associate the cinema with a big meal before and then tons of sweets/nachos/whatever while in there. Drank tons of water instead today but it was still a challenge! Dietninja - can you just bin the food??

What is it about the cinema...its a pig out zone for me too. I'd never eat like that in front of a film at home!

Well done on staying strong Jo

Well done dietninja on the kids food temptations! Stay strong!!
Jo1989 that's soo good! Hope you enjoyed the film and guilt free this time! :)

Dawn - are your friends being a bit more supportive about the plan now? Congratulations on resisting all that temptation, can't have been easy, especially if the food is part of something you do regularly as its more of a habit then, and harder to kick! Your goal sounds totally reasonable and a great idea to keep you on track.

Must be lots of ladies on day 7 today?? Lots of exciting weigh ins tomorrow??

Hi Jo, some of them are which is great- some of them I think are just pretending to be on board but I have made it clear now that I really don't want to hear anyone's opinion so if they have nothing good to say, don't say anything!!

I've had a bit of a wobble today after such a good day yesterday- tried to go to the gym and did ten mins on the treadmill and ten mins on the crosstrainer but felt horrific so stopped. Came home, had a bar then slept for two hours but still felt really weak when I woke up. I tried Exante curry for dinner but hated it so ended up having some ham as couldn't face any products when I felt as crap as I did- don't think 3 slices of ham will do much damage hopefully but bit annoyed that I tried to push myself too hard, should have just carried on as I was! Oh well, back on track tomorrow hopefully :)

I don't know it is about the cinema, it just makes me want to eat non stop throughout the whole film!

Wheres Miss Skellybob??

Dawn, don't worry about a few slices of ham. Its totally up to you, but maybe not do any exercise until you start stepping up? I'm not sure its worth it really.

Yeh- I think that is probably best! I just felt so full of energy this morning I thought I could do it! Typical- ah well I suppose it's one less thing to worry about at the moment if I am not pressuring myself to go to the gym all the time- should probably just enjoy that whilst I can!! Am going to do Step 2 next weekend so I don't have to be totally unsociable, but stick with sole source in the weekdays- think that will be fine as I only eat a small amount of grilled chicken and rocket on Step 2 anyway and still had great losses with it last time. I'm not too worried about it as the only thing I am really craving is more protein at the moment- not feeling at all tempted by the usual naughty treats so hopefully will be able to stay on track :)

Thing is when any of us have had weak moments, everyone has reached for something good, ham, tuna, egg, which is really good, no one has thought stuff it and completely gone off track! So that's a nice new healthy way of thinking :)

Very true Gina- we should all be proud that none of us has fallen totally off the wagon!!

Well done for getting through the weekend everyone!

Good luck for weigh-ins tomorrow. We will all have done fab!

I sent my shopping list to my consultant today so looking forward to a week of knowing I actually like all the food I have.

I resisted freshly popped popcorn yesterday and McDonalds today :)

Sounds good allneedles! What've you gone for?

Yeh- I think that is probably best! I just felt so full of energy this morning I thought I could do it! Typical- ah well I suppose it's one less thing to worry about at the moment if I am not pressuring myself to go to the gym all the time- should probably just enjoy that whilst I can!! Am going to do Step 2 next weekend so I don't have to be totally unsociable, but stick with sole source in the weekdays- think that will be fine as I only eat a small amount of grilled chicken and rocket on Step 2 anyway and still had great losses with it last time. I'm not too worried about it as the only thing I am really craving is more protein at the moment- not feeling at all tempted by the usual naughty treats so hopefully will be able to stay on track :)

That's exactly what I plan to do. Hopefully it won't knock the losses too much but if it does...well I'll stick to it longer if I can have a life too :)

Im here!!!!! Sorry guys my fellas bday 2day bin oit for a suprise family and friend meal so had again chicken and small veg tahts it and water i told my consultant i was doing this and back on 3 shakes 2moro but still very ketotic so happy. Felt crap to eat tbh didn't enjoy it 1 bit like my bloody taste buds av gone ... how u all doing xx

Ahhh well done skellybob! I know how you feel, hate having to eat when I'm in the zone, especially as the good choices are so limited. Well done for making good choices though :)

Back