Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

My thighs are a pain too! In the summer they rub together so much that I have to wear a pair of skin coloured shorts under skirts and dresses to stop getting really sore.

There will be no more of that this summer girls! You will have nice slim thighs by the summer!!!

Well it looks like my son's computer is terminal which isn't good as it is only a year and half old and as it is a gamers computer it was EXTREMELY expensive.

Morning ladies (or afternoon now...oops!)

Allneedles - bad news re computer :(

And thighs...yuck yuck yuck...I'm just not the right shape to have slim thighs, but they could be much better! And will be!

Well, I feel amazing today! Obviously upping my calories did my lethargy the world of good :)

I got up early, met a friend for a brisk 40 min walk (made me sweat, and given how cold it was this morning, I must have worked!), only managed to get half a shake down me before I had to get my girls to the dentist.

As a consequence ive already met my 10,000 steps for the day :)

I'm now holed up in Costa, sans children, having a yummy soya latte (naughty, but not v naughty) and preparing to read the paper....bliss!

I will low carb today and see how I feel tomorrow. Then normal service will be resumed on Monday :)

Afternoon! dietninja- good job on the steps you've done! I've done zilch today so far! Must start walking! My husband has a FitBit, what do you use?

I'm sure these computers and phones these days have a predetermined lifespan, so that we're forced to keep replacing them - or am I being too cynical?

Piece of cod loin about to go in the oven. I feel rotten today and I think it's because I only had two packs for the last two days. It is really stupid of me, but I wasn't trying to lose weight; I just had no hunger. Crazy, when I think how I would normally be cramming everything I could find into my mouth! Gonna have to set a timer or something to remind me!

Thighs aren't really a problem area for me because I put on equally all over and just look like a heifer!

Bad news allneedles :( Is it insured?

10,000 steps sounds amazing dietninja. If low carbing at the weekends help you stick to it during the week then that's great, I'd just be aware you might be making it harder for yourself having to go back into ketosis every week (might be why you're not feeling too good). Still, whatever works can only be a good thing!

Ohhhh no Joy-full, as you know, you have to have to have all your packs! I've done that by accident in the past and it actually seemed to make me hold on to the weight :( Two days won't have done any harm though, like you said, do a checklist!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Afternoon! dietninja- good job on the steps you've done! I've done zilch today so far! Must start walking! My husband has a FitBit, what do you use? I'm sure these computers and phones these days have a predetermined lifespan, so that we're forced to keep replacing them - or am I being too cynical? Piece of cod loin about to go in the oven. I feel rotten today and I think it's because I only had two packs for the last two days. It is really stupid of me, but I wasn't trying to lose weight; I just had no hunger. Crazy, when I think how I would normally be cramming everything I could find into my mouth! Gonna have to set a timer or something to remind me!

No you are not being cynical. I have a 1st gen iPad and loads of the apps I want to use require an upgrade, which I'm reluctant to do. Phones are similar...

I use a Fitbit flex. I love it but there's so many on the market now I'd be tempted to try the garmin one...

Thighs aren't really a problem area for me because I put on equally all over and just look like a heifer! Bad news allneedles :( Is it insured? 10,000 steps sounds amazing dietninja. If low carbing at the weekends help you stick to it during the week then that's great, I'd just be aware you might be making it harder for yourself having to go back into ketosis every week (might be why you're not feeling too good). Still, whatever works can only be a good thing! Ohhhh no Joy-full, as you know, you have to have to have all your packs! I've done that by accident in the past and it actually seemed to make me hold on to the weight :( Two days won't have done any harm though, like you said, do a checklist! Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

If I'm low carbing, then I shouldn't come out of ketosis, so shouldn't be a problem. That's how Atkins and dukan work. I don't regain any water weight so it's v unlikely I'm coming out of ketosis. It will slow down my losses as I'll have a dietary source of fat to burn, but that becomes less of a factor if I exercise.

I don't get hungry during the week on packs, but by the end of the week I feel very drained and lethargic and I hate that feeling. I've been falling behind on my work because I haven't got the motivation to do it...

Gonna play it like this and see what happens, but will beat your advice in mind :)

Wow all them steps that's brilliant!! And yeah whatever works with your low carbing, spesh when ur doing a bit more exercise!
Hope everyone's doing well this weekend, not sure about anyone else but I love watching man vs food! I have it on now and there's just the most amazing burger! Total punishment I know! Think il get up and do some more tidying!
Weigh in results today??? Xx

Happy saturday everyone!! Night out went well- I had four vodkas and was pretty drunk but stopped at that (much better than my usual 2 bottles of wine!!) struggling today as not had much sleep but think I may go back to bed this afternoon to catch up a bit! Still only had about 1000 cals over the day so although it may slow me down a bit it was worth it for a great night- not something to get in the habit of though!!

Hope your Saturday evenings go well- always the hardest day of the week for me!

Dietninja - didn't realise you stayed in ketosis on the low carbing you're doing, but thats fantastic :) Especially with the exercise. I've got huge admiration for anyone who can tailor the plan to them to make it work.

4lbs this week, so pleased with that :)

START DATE - LEFT TO LOSE - LOST
Dietninja 2/1 - 41.5lbs - 12.5lbs
Ginabeany 1/1 - 11lbs - 7lbs
Paigesmum34 4/1 - 36lbs - 9lbs
Jo1989 29/12 - 14lbs - 18lbs
Soci 7/1 - 39lbs - 0lbs
Dawn 2/1 - 47lbs - 14lbs
Becksy1 5/1 - 54lbs - 9lbs
Allneedles 5/1 - 36lbs - 6lbs
Skellybob 1/1- 25lbs- 15lbs
MissAma 2/1 - 74 lbs - 19 lbs
Joy-full 5/1 - 36lbs - 8lbs
Lubilu88- 36lbs-10lbs

Well done Dawn that's brilliant restraint for a night out as the wine is so tempting!
Well done Jo!!!! That's a brilliant loss :) you must be so happy, that will keep you going for the rest of the weekend!!

Well done Dawn that's brilliant restraint for a night out as the wine is so tempting!
Well done Jo!!!! That's a brilliant loss :) you must be so happy, that will keep you going for the rest of the weekend!!

Yeah I'm so impressed anyone can manage a night out, I know I'd totally lose the plot!

Pleased with it :) Hoping for another 7lbs over the next 2 weeks before I move up to Step 2 and start a bit of cardio.

Still only planning to do half an hr 3 times a week on step 2 and will add 5 mins to each session each week I go up a step. Don't want to overdo it or set hard targets for myself because I've done that in the past and made it so hard to meet my targets that I constantly feel like a failure and give up completely. Even 3 times a week at half an hr is way better than the nothing I do now!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Joy - you are not cynical. There was a Horizon program on it not too long back. Its called built-in obsolescence.

I use the CWP & Me app on my iPhone to log all my water and products. My phone automatically registers my steps but I have Pacer which is good.

Well done Jo! I will be over the moon if I match that on Monday!

Definitely, there were a few nights last year I went out with the intention to stay on vodka sodas all night, but when the drink went to my head, i ended up on the wine, prosecco, shots, u name it I had it lol, never have a clear head after a few.
That's good Jo about having a plan of incorporating exercise! It will be great for toning up along with the weight loss!

How've we all done today ladies? Just sat down after spending the day sorting paperwork and cleaning. Distractions can only be a good thing!

Exactly the same as you Jo! Tidying the house as paperwork and bits, had a bath and sitting down now, ready to watch the rubbish Saturday night tv!

Ha I love a bit of rubbish TV. I do find Saturday nights really hard in terms of craving a takeaway and loads of rubbish. So I'll be sort of glad when the weekend is over. You excited for your weigh in?? Seems like no time at all since your last one.

Back