Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Hiya everyone, hope you dont mind me posting. I have been reading this for two weeks now since I got back onto cwp for the*second*time. Nice to know there are others in the same boat as me feeling the same ups and downs this diet throws at us. Hope you are all having fab weeknd, tbh saturdays are my nemis and really challenge me but doing well so far. Hope to keep up the some support as we all go on this journey. Thanks x xx

I agree Saturday nights are hard! Annoying coz at work I'm wishing for the weekend but the weekend I'm wishing for Monday again as it's easier mentally to stay on track! Can't wait to be on maintenance to get my life back!! I know the weigh ins seem to be rolling round for all of us, which is soooo good :) iv only got 2 more weigh ins til my hols!
Hey Laura!! Sounds like you are in the same boat as quite a few of us!!! What is your goal? Do you have a lot to loose? What date did you start? Hope all is well :)

Yeah I don't want to be wishing the weekends away but I really am!!

I'm really looking forward to maintenance. Nervous about tackling the steps in the meantime but it'll be so worth it in the end.

Do you think you'll have a good loss Monday? What will you be happy with?

Hi Laura! Definitely lots of us in the same boat and this thread is fantastic :) Everyone is so supportive and that really helps when its hard to talk to friends and family about the struggles we face on plan. You've done really well to have done your first couple of weeks, you must be pleased :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

As I am getting weighed a day earlier than normal, and I do have a family meal out tomorrow, il be happy to loose 2lb, will be shocked if anymore and maybe slightly disappointed with any less but, I always just think, any loss is good, as it's a loss!!! :)

As I am getting weighed a day earlier than normal, and I do have a family meal out tomorrow, il be happy to loose 2lb, will be shocked if anymore and maybe slightly disappointed with any less but, I always just think, any loss is good, as it's a loss!!! :)

Definitely! 2lbs is amazing even on a normal week now you're already at a healthy weight. You're so close to goal :)

Yeah true :) my original goal was 8st but I got to 8st 7 and was happy enough with that, I just couldn't push to loose any less without literally not eating at all and working my ass off at the gym, which isn't the life I want! So I settled for 8 and a half :) you have done so well as well! So you have a stone to lose now!! You could be at goal/maintenance by mid to end next month you think? :)

Hi gina,Yes I have a lot to lose, my initial goal is 5 stone but got more to lose than that,I started on 5th jan I lost 19lb in my first week was absolutely gobsmacked got my second weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed. Wen did you start? How you finding it?
Thanks jo, yes had one lil slip up moment of weakness after a very stressful day but noticing how much im changing my habits overall is worth taking this journey.
Everybody is doing really well on here, I have a long road ahead but take it week by week.
I did cwp two years ago lost 5 stone and didnt step it up properly and here I am again, I now realise the importance of stepping back up properly in order to maintain. X x

Omg that first loss is absolutely Amazing!!! :) that's definitely incentive enough to keep going :) good luck for your second weigh in tomorrow! I started in May last year and got to my goal in September but fell off it all so, started again 1st Jan so I don't have as much to loose as first time round. Exactly yeah same as me I need to concentrate on the steps and maintenance this time to keep the weight off for good!!

Yeah true :) my original goal was 8st but I got to 8st 7 and was happy enough with that, I just couldn't push to loose any less without literally not eating at all and working my ass off at the gym, which isn't the life I want! So I settled for 8 and a half :) you have done so well as well! So you have a stone to lose now!! You could be at goal/maintenance by mid to end next month you think? :)

8.5stone is still a comfortably healthy weight!

Umm I'm going to do 2 weeks on step 2 and then a further 4 weeks building up the steps (step 3, 4 and 5 and then 1800 cals for a week) so hopefully from the 14 March I'll be on maintenance! If I gain any weight on any of the steps I'll do that step for a further week until my body has adjusted to the higher cals so may be longer but hopefully not!

Yes that's such a good idea! That way your body gets used to the right amount of calories and if u start to put on weight at any stage like you say you can keep at that step and just adjust it as and when! I know my consultant is on maintenance as she's been doing this for years but if she feels she has over indulged she will do a step 2 or 3 for a week or so until she has gone back to a normal weight which seems a good way of maintaining! It's nice to know there's options out there rather than never being able to have a food or drink treat ever again!

Hi Laura - Welcome :) and WOW - what a first week weight loss.

In fact, it sounds like everyone on here is doing amazingly well. YAY! I figure whether it's 1 lb or 10 lb ... it's all weight coming off in the right direction (feel free to remind me about that when I lose half a pound and start to feel discouraged) :)

Great to hear some of you guys who are nearer goal have a plan for going up the steps. I'm so far off I haven't thought about that yet - but really want to make sure I keep it off in the future so will definitely try and learn from y'all.

Also, amazing on the 4 vodka front ... I'm cutting out alcohol 100% as I know if I have a beer I'll have more than one (or two or three) and probably forget my resolve and eat something I shouldn't. So sticking to around 1000 calories and having a night out with some vodka is amazing. Well done!

Hope people are having a good Saturday. I'm just getting home from work, but going to chill as much as possible tonight. It's been a long day :-/

Hello everyone. Hope you don't mind if I join in! I have been on sole source plus since Jan 1st, and have lost 12lb. REALLY struggling tonight though, during the week I don't really miss food, but I spent half an hour staring at the dominos pizza website earlier, and when my boyfriend took the laptop off me I literally started crying! What is happening to me?! I was really glad to find this thread, because a lot of the ones I've been looking at are from about 2008...it's nice to find some people who are going brought the same stuff as I am. :wave_cry:

Hi Pollyanna!!! No to the pizza and wine and hello to the lbs dropping off us as we speak!!! :) trying to be so damn positive! Lol well done on your weight loss so far!!!

Thanks everyone- I'm not going to lie today has probably been harder due to those drinks and defo wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis but for the odd occasion if I can do what I did last night I will be happy.

19lbs that's bloody amazing!!! I started with just over 5 stone to loose too well 5stone 12lbs. Am now down 3stone 7lbs and it has completely changed my life- so glad I've done it. I think when your going to be on the plan for a really long time you need to find a way to do it that doesn't totally ruin your social life- a month of being a recluse is bearable but much longer than that and it becomes a real struggle. When I was doing this first time round I took up some new hobbies of things that didn't involve good or drink- went horse riding, took up golf (I was totally crap) and dragged all my friends bowling. I guess it's about homing in on the people that will be supportive.

I'm going to the pub tonight (no drinking though) to watch a band so hopefully I can burn some cals off dancing!!

2 stone 7 even- sorry wishful thinking there!!!

Haha you're right. Well done to you too. :) It must be so amazing to be a 'healthy' BMI. I'm about to have my last shake of the day to get my mind off of pizza! Pizza=double chin!

Have a great night dawn! When your not drinking but dancing it's great knowing your having a good night out and not put on, but burnt off calories!!!! Nice one :)
Lol Pollyanna that's it!!! Pizza and wine = horrible frumpy 'wanting to cover up' summer body, shake = sexy slim healthy summer body :D
Yeah it's great knowing I'm in a healthy bmi range :) just need to shed the extra lbs and will hopefully get where I wana be :)

Haha you're right. Well done to you too. :) It must be so amazing to be a 'healthy' BMI. I'm about to have my last shake of the day to get my mind off of pizza! Pizza=double chin!

Hi Pollyanna! As you've probably read on this thread, my mantra is that the food will still be there when I'm slim and with no guilt and not feeling like I've let myself down. You're doing so well every day you stick to it, and you'll look back next week and the week after and the week after and be so glad you stayed strong.

Evening ladies, a really tired so just about to go to bed.

watched My Girl with my daughter tonight and we both blubbed like babies! I was really craving some food too, so hopefully will be better tomorrow.

Night :nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf::nightf:

Back