Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Yeah you can defo still take part without eating it!

Step 3 from yesterday eeek. 4 lbs to go! Doing a week on this,4 and 5 and then an 1800 cal week. As long as I'm still losing weight on each I'll know my maintenance cals are higher, especially as my water levels will be settling at the same time. Hopefully I'll find when I'm eating normally that I don't have any water gain having followed the steps. That's my plan/hope anyway!

What's your plan from now? Any social stuff coming up?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Sitting with my husband in a carvery!
Not even tempted as I don't like roast dinners but it's nice to know that now I'm on step 3 I could have something in theory.

Hope you ladies are all having good days. Danni- update us!!

Sounds a good plan! Yeah definitely food needs to be introduced and get to maintenance coz we can't do this with the products forever!! Although I think il always have a shake for lunch especially at work, for me it's easier than planning and thinking what to have for lunch!! More like a lay option!! If I have had a gain I think il do step 2 til I get down to the weight before my hols then possibly move up to step 3 to loose the remainder! I do have a few social plans annoyingly, catching up with the girls and the sister in law as I'm bridesmaid for her, it's hubby's birthday also, luckily that's all this month so, il be as gd as I can rest of the month, then March is a totally clear one :) do u have anything going on socially? I'm with u on the roasts, not a fan!

Sounds a good plan! Yeah definitely food needs to be introduced and get to maintenance coz we can't do this with the products forever!! Although I think il always have a shake for lunch especially at work, for me it's easier than planning and thinking what to have for lunch!! More like a lay option!! If I have had a gain I think il do step 2 til I get down to the weight before my hols then possibly move up to step 3 to loose the remainder! I do have a few social plans annoyingly, catching up with the girls and the sister in law as I'm bridesmaid for her, it's hubby's birthday also, luckily that's all this month so, il be as gd as I can rest of the month, then March is a totally clear one :) do u have anything going on socially? I'm with u on the roasts, not a fan!

It's good too to get an idea of what maintenance cals will be.

Do you feel like you will have had a gain? To be fair, as long as you aim for step 2/3 I reckon you'll lose a minimum of a lb a week even with plans, and you're so close to goal that won't take you long at all, end of March at the latest id have thought?

No not really, it's my birthday next week but I don't think it's worth coming off plan when I'll be less than 3 weeks away from completing the steps. I'd rather stick to it and enjoy an amazing meal after. Thinking a lot about what to do when I finish the steps food wise and I really don't know!

Yeah that's it I don't have an aim as such so I'm not like super rushing to get to the goal, just want to be just good all the time and just maintain it and not fall off the wagon too much at special times, holidays, Xmas etc, I guess in the long run it's just about making the better choices! I feel like iv got to have a gain being on hols, although I made better choices I was on step 2 before I left so I was consuming a lot more in the 2 weeks, id be happy enough to have a gain that I could loose in like 2 weeks, so pretty much the amount of time I put it on, we will see!
Yeah I know what you mean about maintenance, sorta thinking about exactly how to manage it. I'm rubbish with calorie counting, do u think url do something like 5:2. I might try and read up and see if anyone has tips somewhere on maintenance. Spose it's just being as good as u can, and a treat being what it is, a very rare treat. And weighing weekly to check weight has gone up, to maybe do a step 2 or something to get it back down. I think as long as we keep a close eye on it, it can't just creep back on as you will know. Good luck for anyone with Monday weigh ins!!!

Hey ladies, I too have been thinking about maintenence! Not sure if you watched the recent 'what diet is right for you?' It was a really good programme and still on BBC I player if you want to catch up! I plan to do the 5:2 on the show it talks about having to consecutive fast days and 5 healthy days (I always thought you had to split the fast days) I've downloaded an app called my fitness calculator which tells me that at goal ( 10 stone) to maintain I need to have 1850 cals per day! I plan to stick to that with two fast days in the week on cambridge products that way I can probably get away with having the odd naughty meal! I'm trying to be realistic I know cambridge has certainly changed my mindset on food but I know I'll probably have treats again and the 5:2 (what diet is right for you version) seems like a great way of maintaining :) x

I think my initial plan is one fast day a week using cambridge products, calorie counting at 2000 a day during the week (I'm allowed 2200 a day at my height and weight and know from previous experience I can actually have 2500 a day if I'm gyming regularly). I'll then have free weekends.

Will also carry on with the gym a minimum of 3 times a week doing about 45 mins cardio with some yoga stretches on rest days.

I'll weigh once a week and see if it's working - if it's not I'll be a bit stricter at the weekends. Think it may be trial and error initially.

I'm interested to see how much weight I'll lose this week having moved up to step 3 as I read some people actually lose more than on step 2 as your body is glad of the extra food. I defo found the gym this morning so much easier than I have found it in the mornings before - don't know if that's cause I've been doing it a while or the extra cals in my body.

Will be watching your weigh ins with interest Jo.
I'm moving into step 2 this week and am dreading a gain with adding small meal x

Will be watching your weigh ins with interest Jo.
I'm moving into step 2 this week and am dreading a gain with adding small meal x

You won't get a gain if you stick to it. I've had 2lbs off each week in the two weeks I've done step 2. I think I've lost 3lbs in the past. I'll keep you updated on step 3! Judging by the scales this morning I'm down a lb 2 days in but that seems to stay steady during the week so if I get 2 lbs I'll be thrilled!

How's the past week been for you?

Good thank you had a cheat last weekend so lost 7lbs this week although in reality I just went back to the weight I was supposed to be and lost another 3lbs on top.
Think 4lbs must be my water weight. Which is handy to know.

Well it's good to be back where you were so quickly! Have you been good this week??

Definitely it will be good to hear about people's maintenance hints and tips to stick at it!! My consultant has offered once a month weigh in freebie type thing to consciously keep on track and to pick up products when I want at maintenance so think I will do that to keep on track, she says it has worked for her ladies in the past, as sometimes weighing urself only u can end up cheating a bit where as for me if I am going to someone I will feel like I have to be extra good. Since back from hols a lot has changed in my job so I hope it doesn't bring too much worry and stress :( my team is being shut down in this building but I have been offered a team leader role in another team only downside is it's about an hours drive away (I drive 10 mins to wrk at the moment) and not that much more money, if I don't take it I will get put in some rubbish team starting from the bottom (I have spent 7 yrs working up a gd rep in this team) so...gota make some sort of decision! Damn just wana sail fru for an easy life! Never the way!
Keep healthy people!! Will read up more on the fasting plans and speak to my consultant and see what suits!!

Definitely it will be good to hear about people's maintenance hints and tips to stick at it!! My consultant has offered once a month weigh in freebie type thing to consciously keep on track and to pick up products when I want at maintenance so think I will do that to keep on track, she says it has worked for her ladies in the past, as sometimes weighing urself only u can end up cheating a bit where as for me if I am going to someone I will feel like I have to be extra good. Since back from hols a lot has changed in my job so I hope it doesn't bring too much worry and stress :( my team is being shut down in this building but I have been offered a team leader role in another team only downside is it's about an hours drive away (I drive 10 mins to wrk at the moment) and not that much more money, if I don't take it I will get put in some rubbish team starting from the bottom (I have spent 7 yrs working up a gd rep in this team) so...gota make some sort of decision! Damn just wana sail fru for an easy life! Never the way!
Keep healthy people!! Will read up more on the fasting plans and speak to my consultant and see what suits!!

Aww it's good she does that!

Hope the changes at work arent too stressful, sounds like a difficult decision to make :( especially not nice coming back to it after hol if it's unexpected.

How you feeling today? Any better?

Yeah definitely unexpected, still feel a bit coldy and stuff, so don't have my head in it today!! Keep telling myself food or drink won't make It any better!!!
How u doing today? What sort of loss u expecting this week?

Yeah definitely unexpected, still feel a bit coldy and stuff, so don't have my head in it today!! Keep telling myself food or drink won't make It any better!!!
How u doing today? What sort of loss u expecting this week?

Aww thats not good :( Impressed you're still trying to stick at it though.

I'm hoping for another 2 lbs which I'd be v happy with as I'm sure water will be going back on a bit with more food. I'm v interested in what my losses will be each week. I just want to be moving on with maintenance now!

Dietninja 2/1 - 41.5lbs - 12.5lbs
Ginabeany 1/1 - 7lbs - 11lbs
Paigesmum34 4/1 - 36lbs - 9lbs
Jo1989 29/12 - 6lbs - 26lbs
Soci 7/1 - 17lbs - 23lbs
Dawn 2/1 - 43lbs - 18lbs
Becksy1 5/1 - 38lbs - 25lbs
Allneedles 5/1 - 32.5lbs - 9.5lbs
Skellybob 1/1- 21lbs- 19lbs
MissAma 2/1 - 74 lbs - 19 lbs
Joy-full 5/1 - 36lbs - 8lbs
Lubilu88- 36lbs-24lbs

Hi ladies! I'm still going strong, another 6lbs off! :D And that's despite a few social events over the past couple of weeks. It's strange, the last time I did this diet I did SS all the time, well for a good while anyway, and never cheated at all. And I averaged out at losing about 3lbs a week. Now I'm doing SS+ and while I do avoid carbs I stray away from the allowed list at times. Yet this time I'm averaging out at losing 3lbs a week also!! And I feel much better with the extra protein :)

That sounds good Jo, it's working so well for u, url be at maintenance in no time!! How do u feel in your clothes and stuff now?
Well done Soci! That's really good! Proves u don't have to completely deprive yourself to get the good losses!! I guess it's just finding the right way that works for us all!!

That sounds good Jo, it's working so well for u, url be at maintenance in no time!! How do u feel in your clothes and stuff now?
Well done Soci! That's really good! Proves u don't have to completely deprive yourself to get the good losses!! I guess it's just finding the right way that works for us all!!

Yeah I hope so! I feel really good, pretty much everything fits again except a couple of pairs of trousers I know I need to lose a couple for lbs for but that should be fine at goal. I'm sort of wondering if it want to lose a further 7lbs once I'm at goal by doing 5:2 but we'll see. If I do that I'll be happy with a lb a week, I dont want to rush it. Only 25 days left of steps!!

Well done Soci, great loss and glad you're using the plan in the best way for you :)

How are you today Gina?

Eurgh I feel fidgety today! Not hungry, not tempted to cheat, but restless and just want to get on with maintenance now!

You have honestly done so well, like the perfect journey!! Yeah see how u feel with the extra weight!! My original goal was 8st but I honestly struggled to get past 8st 7 unless I pretty much starved and had no life, and I was more than happy at that so, my consultant said if I set a limit of 8st 10 that if I get above that in maintenance, to go down the steps to bring it down. But maybe doing something like that 5:2 will help control it!! Do u do the 2 fasting days together or spread out?
See today I feel really coldy :( totally blocked up and coughing, I am on cough syrup, cough sweets, cold and flu tablets, everything and anything! Damn people giving me their germs on the plane lol. Hope all this doesn't effect my weight. On the plus side I'm not hungry in the slightest, forced myself on my lunchtime shake and that was a struggle. Also feeling the bloat from them bars which is quite uncomfortable! So all in all, not brilliant lol hope everyone else is having a half decent day!!

Back