Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

My consultant advised me to so 3 for this week, just coz of being ill she said they do advise to up the intake just to have a bit more inside u to fight off anything iv got, so just need to try and make sure any of the stuff I'm taking is sugar free, will have to check the lemsips n stuff like that, although to be fair iv got to take them anyway coz I'm not shaking this cold!

Yeah that makes sense, I've got a stinking cold and have done for a couple of days and I think being on step 3 probably helps.

Do you feel you have to have the lemsips? Could you take cold/flu tablets instead?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I am bad I just hate having a cold and feeling so rubbish so I end up taking everything I can, lemsips, cold and flu tabs, cough mixture, anything to try and fight it off!! Although I got mine on the plane home, everyone seems to be ill in the office which don't help!! I'm not overly fussed about pushing super fast to goal so if this does hinder the losses then il just accept that til the colds gone!!
How u feeling??

My husband went skiing and came home with it so reckon I got it from him!

I'm ok, very snotty and a bit throaty but not bad, and I've got tomorrow and Monday off so I'm happy :D Could barely breathe at the gym Wednesday though! Not back til Saturday so hopefully I'll feel better by then as I don't want to skip a session.

You've prob got the right attitude to it, no point in feeling rubbish now if there's no rush and you don't have to. How are you finding step 3?

Ahh no!! Gd news about the days off! I'm off Monday actually!! U off for any reason!! Fingers crossed u can shake it off before ur next session, either that or sweat it out!! :)
Yeah see going up the steps is good, allowing more foods makes it more interesting and easier for me socially!! When I get to like 9st 5 and below that's when I start to feel really good, size 10 clothes and feel happy so overall aslong as I am below that and going in the right direction, however long it takes, I'm good!!
How are u liking step 3? How u feel about ur weigh in Saturday?
Me and hubby have had a chat and although I don't feel ready jusstttt yet, we have mentioned about possibly starting a family some point next year, so although I am 100% wanting to be fit, healthy and slim! I feel like I want to get a lot out of my system, social things holidays etc so, I'm not gona deprive myself in the sense coz I don't want to look back and think, what a boring year I have had, at the same time, it means having the strongest willpower ever, controlling and keeping my weight down aswell as having a decent social life! So will keep on here and keep at it all the time for motivation :)

Yeah it does make life easier being able to do social stuff. Not really, I ended up with 40 hols days plus bank holidays this year as I bought extra and also ended up with some carry over days so I thought it'd be nice to have some long weekends, especially with being on plan because I find plan easier on days off. As it happens, because I haven't been tempted to stray off course I haven't really needed the days for that reason but it's still nice to have!! I'm only doing 4 days a week for the next 8 weeks and I've booked it so every other weekend is a 4 day weekend :)

That's a great motivation to be slim and healthy! I really don't want to fall pregnant (not that I'm planning to for a good few years) while being overweight if I can avoid it.

Step 3 is ok, less difference than I thought. Not in ketosis anymore but I don't feel at all hungry so that's good. I'm hoping for 2lbs judging by the scales :) I'll only be 2 lbs from goal then :D Are you hoping to shift your hol gain over 2 weeks?

Ahhh that's such a good plan with ur leave and the long weekends!! U have tons of leave!!
Yeah exactly I want to be in the fittest state I can be if I do/can get pregnant. Plus I don't wana use it as an excuse to just balloon but I guess that's something u can't overly control being pregnant!!
That's really good and ahhh exciting ur so close!!!
It would be nice to shake that extra weight off in a couple of weeks, I really will try! I have a few social things in the next week, catching up with the girls, and hubby's birthday so just gona try and be as good as I can. I have barely any plans for March so will try and beast it then! As I am bridesmaid for my sister in law and I'm guessing she's gona want to go dress shopping soon, I definitely want to be feeling good so that's enough motivation to stay on track!! :)

Ahhh that's such a good plan with ur leave and the long weekends!! U have tons of leave!!
Yeah exactly I want to be in the fittest state I can be if I do/can get pregnant. Plus I don't wana use it as an excuse to just balloon but I guess that's something u can't overly control being pregnant!!
That's really good and ahhh exciting ur so close!!!
It would be nice to shake that extra weight off in a couple of weeks, I really will try! I have a few social things in the next week, catching up with the girls, and hubby's birthday so just gona try and be as good as I can. I have barely any plans for March so will try and beast it then! As I am bridesmaid for my sister in law and I'm guessing she's gona want to go dress shopping soon, I definitely want to be feeling good so that's enough motivation to stay on track!! :)

Yeah it's so nice having the extra time off! I reckon it'll be a bit of a shock going back to 5 day weeks ha.

Well as a lot of it is probably water that should be doable. Will you stay on Step 3 til goal now? I also find when I'm ill I retain a lot of water so that's probably not helping you. Also, ibuprofen etc causes water retention (no idea why!) so once you're better and off any medicine you should have a whoosh :)

Haha yeah I bet!! Enjoy 4 days while it lasts!!

I think I will see how much weight I lose on step 3, even if it's 1lb a week I'm gd with that, aslong as it's a loss! If not I may just do step 2 to boost it along! Yes I'm hoping a whoosh of weight loss of any sort, water, the lot lol! Think im gona set a slight mental goal of getting to 9st by end of March, and anything below that is a bonus!! Once I get this week of social bits out the way il be cool!
I know u had been to quite a few meeting and training type things in work. In the next few weeks I have been asked to a few management and customer meetings which work wise is great but instantly I thought arghh I hope it's not gona just be biscuits and food everywhere! It's not asif I even want them myself but I have this thing in me like, i don't wana be rude or a party pooper!! Silly really!! On the plus side my whole management chain are women and all into watching their weight and being healthy so I may not be the only one!

I'm sure you'll get 1lb a week on Step 3. And if you prefer it to Step 2 then just stick with it! I think end of March is reasonable, give it a couple of weeks on Step 3 to see if you're on track and do Step 2 if not :)

Yeah those things are hard, especially as they're often pretty boring, and then you're much more likely to pick at biscuits. Thing I try to remember is that generally, people really don't notice whether you have anything as much as you feel they do. And if they do, just say you're on a health kick - women tend to understand that. And if you have to have a small lunch, it won't matter on Step 3. You just have to judge it on the day, and if these meetings etc are good career wise, its worth it :)

Yeah that sounds a good plan I think il play it like that :)

yeah a it really is, I feel like iv been the baby for so long that I'm finally progressing and have earnt my time to be invited to management and customer meetings, so I'm excited for the change but like u say the content itself will be boring most likely! Definitely, no doubt I will get the comments of, go on one won't hurt. But am just gina be prepared with a huge bottle of water and I guess I could take snacks like carrot sticks maybe? Something to munch on.

Yeah that sounds a good plan I think il play it like that :)

yeah a it really is, I feel like iv been the baby for so long that I'm finally progressing and have earnt my time to be invited to management and customer meetings, so I'm excited for the change but like u say the content itself will be boring most likely! Definitely, no doubt I will get the comments of, go on one won't hurt. But am just gina be prepared with a huge bottle of water and I guess I could take snacks like carrot sticks maybe? Something to munch on.

Awww its so nice to feel you're progressing! What is it you do? Have you thought anymore about your role changing?

Yeah you could do, good to have something if there's nothing else available. For me, its all about balancing the diet with real life :)

As I said I'd share my experience of the steps I thought I'd just mention that I came out of ketosis this week on Step 3 (tested on the ketostix) and while I'm not hungry I have found I've been totally exhausted this week. It might be a coincidence and it might be cause I've been ill, but I did Google it and it looks like coming out of ketosis does make you tired while your body adjusts to extra carbs.

I know whenever I've fallen off the wagon in the past and had a massive carb binge I've basically felt like I had a hangover the next morning I've been so exhausted and rough and that's to do with the huge shock of carbs, but a little surprised it's happened (though to a much lesser degree) with small controlled reintroduction.

Anyway, hoping I feel a bit less tired on Step 4 from Saturday - I'm putting it all down to a combination of being ill and my body having to adjust while also fighting that off. Will report any change on Step 4!

I work for BT on International service delivery for big customers, so I like what I do but yeah starting to move up now which is good! I think I will go for this new role, just means a bit more travelling but, I guess it looks good to be more flexible!! And yeah that's it got to be able to be on plan, and gradually off plan into maintenance in the real world dealing with normal day to day things without turning back to old ways!!
That's so strange about the carb binge feeling like I hangover, I actually think iv had that feeling before, probably after a night of having a takeaway! I have woke up on occasions feeling horrendous! So that would make sense!! Hopefully the tiredness goes for u soon! I guess the body needs to adjust to every stage really! It's all for the good!
What Is it u do for work?

My husband works for BT too! I work for a big accountancy firm but do tax consultancy. Currently in a 3 yr grad training contract hence the exams!
Love my job :)

Sounds like a good opportunity for you, knowing what I know about the company from my husband, they seem to like flexibility and shift everyone around quite regularly. New and exciting challenges by the sound of it!

Carb hangovers definitely exist in my book! They're absolutely horrendous, make me so headachey and exhausted. Unfortunately, in the same way as normal hangovers, you always say you'll never do the same stuff to cause them again, but you always do!

You feeling any better yet?

Oh my goodness I am back!

Got a one month ban for posting a web link! Have been reading, but that's all I have been able to do!

I I have stuck at it and lost 20lbs so far

We wondered where you had gone allneedles!! Note to self do not post links!
Well done. You are doing so well x

I have really been struggling this week. Feeling so hungry. Had a little chicken but I could eat the house!

Oh wow small world! Glad u love ur job!!
I so know what you mean now!!! Evil evil carbs!!
I am feeling a lot better now, still doing step 3 but laid off all the cough stuff and medication! Hopefully my body can just fight it off now!! The weekend is here people!!!

Welcome back allneedles!! Make you sound like an absolute criminal!! What step are you on now?

Back