January 2016 Challenge

well done Ellie :)

Hi bubble, a sts is not that bad. I uderstand your disappointment though. Next week will be better x :)

I can report 0.5 lbs off . Not great but in the right direction I suppose. Trying to be uber-good the next week and hope for a bigger loss at next WI.

Have a good week everyone :)

Congrats on your loss! Do you like fish? Tuna, cod, salmon?
My consultant says if you increase the amount of fish for a week it helps boost weight loss. I'm starting to have tuna with jacket potato. I thought without mayo I would hate it. But herbs, pepper, lemon and garlic with sweetcorn and spring onions mixed with Greek yogurt is really nice. Helps and makes it yummy!

Really stuck for words but all I can do.is repeat what other people have suggested and advise you to try a week of SP x other to that try mixing up your meals a little. Strangely enough if I start eating same meals day in day out I tend to find my losses slow down xx also if your not already doing so, try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day as that will help flush out everything xx
Hope you find a solution soon and good luck x

Oh get you that's fab, just looked at your January challenge target and looks like your going to knock that out of the park! Well done
Thank you xx feel great and I know, can't quite believe it lol

Congrats on your loss! Do you like fish? Tuna, cod, salmon?
My consultant says if you increase the amount of fish for a week it helps boost weight loss. I'm starting to have tuna with jacket potato. I thought without mayo I would hate it. But herbs, pepper, lemon and garlic with sweetcorn and spring onions mixed with Greek yogurt is really nice. Helps and makes it yummy!
Hi Neveragain, yes I do like tuna and have it with my lunch tomorrow (with plenty of lettuce, baby toms, radishes, cue...). I will do a couple of red days this week. Never had good losses on EE. I might just stick to red and green for a while :)

Really stuck for words but all I can do.is repeat what other people have suggested and advise you to try a week of SP x other to that try mixing up your meals a little. Strangely enough if I start eating same meals day in day out I tend to find my losses slow down xx also if your not already doing so, try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day as that will help flush out everything xx
Hope you find a solution soon and good luck x
I would find a whole SP week to restrictive because I like my carbs but I do have a lot of individual SP meals and usually snack on fruit between meals. However, my weight losses have always been a bit erratic and usually very slow. :rolleyes:
Well done on your 3.5 lbs loss, that's fantastic :)

An irritating maintain today. Consultant is looking at the planner. But I know it's completely fine. Written and weighed and counted everything. So Im very frustrated with that. If i went out for a meal or toke a day off I would understand. But I have been 100% for 7 days and had either 2 or 2 and half litres of water per day as I mark it down on my water app. So I'll see how it goes next week. Grrrrrrrrrr!!! Feels like I've wasted a week. I could have had that McDonald's this week and it would have made no difference

An irritating maintain today. Consultant is looking at the planner. But I know it's completely fine. Written and weighed and counted everything. So Im very frustrated with that. If i went out for a meal or toke a day off I would understand. But I have been 100% for 7 days and had either 2 or 2 and half litres of water per day as I mark it down on my water app. So I'll see how it goes next week. Grrrrrrrrrr!!! Feels like I've wasted a week. I could have had that McDonald's this week and it would have made no difference
aw isn't it just so frustrating? I can imaging how you must feel like right now. Is it your star week by a chance? I strongly believe that your efforts will pay off and you will have a great loss next week x :).

What time do you weigh in? I know when I went to group at 5:30pm I'd stop eating at lunch and not drink anything after about 3ish to get a good reading. Just wondering if it's because you maybe drank or ate to close to weigh in, I know (being a scale hopper) that if I have a coffee/tea and get on scales I'm heavier, just a thought. Good luck for this coming week.

Hi Neveragain, yes I do like tuna and have it with my lunch tomorrow (with plenty of lettuce, baby toms, radishes, cue...). I will do a couple of red days this week. Never had good losses on EE. I might just stick to red and green for a while :)

I would find a whole SP week to restrictive because I like my carbs but I do have a lot of individual SP meals and usually snack on fruit between meals. However, my weight losses have always been a bit erratic and usually very slow. :rolleyes:
Well done on your 3.5 lbs loss, that's fantastic :)
Must admit I find it too restrictive xx thanks as well xx

aw isn't it just so frustrating? I can imaging how you must feel like right now. Is it your star week by a chance? I strongly believe that your efforts will pay off and you will have a great loss next week x :).

Nope came off my peroid last week and lost 3 and half. Was bloated when I went so I don't know if it's a body thing has I haven't been to the toliet at much for a number two like I have done In the pervious weeks. More fibre and protein this week. I think.

What time do you weigh in? I know when I went to group at 5:30pm I'd stop eating at lunch and not drink anything after about 3ish to get a good reading. Just wondering if it's because you maybe drank or ate to close to weigh in, I know (being a scale hopper) that if I have a coffee/tea and get on scales I'm heavier, just a thought. Good luck for this coming week.
I get weight at 11.30. Always have my 2 weetabix with banana and a glass of water around 9am every week and don't eat till I come back. Do so every week and I've lost in this week. I'll see how it goes this week. Have new things I'm making this week so maybe it's because I'm eating the same things over and over. Not sure

Been mega busy with work and uni....sorry for not posting.....my loss for last weigh in was -2lbs!!

Hey guys... so sorry i had the day off yesterday and spent it with my friend and her little girl. She knows I'm doing slimming world so we had jacket potato (teeny one...and i mean tiny!) and beans and salad. Was so good to just have girly catch up time - her little girl is 7 months and the best baby ever!

Weigh in was officially 1.5 on, and needless to say I was not happy about it. Came home after and had dinner (that was a disaster, the OH cooked something new and it was just wrong!) then had my treat... stuck within my syns & had a chilled out evening. Yesterday I was feeling much more positive and decided to jump on the scales in the morning - I must remember to put them in the loft as I'm awful with getting on ALL the time. And i was back down that 1.5! But oh well, I'm not going to let it get to me - my body must be going through something with my hormones as I have no idea otherwise. I always weigh and measure my healthy extras and last week I stuck to plan 100% and even ate way more speed food. I just hope it shows next week on the scales.

Personally I don't think I'm ever going to do a full week SP as i couldn't cope without carbs. I do the odd day from time to time but thats about it.

Thank you all for the support and advice - I was just being a grumpy Beeeep (cant write what I want to!) and needed to vent! Im much more positive now and know I will get to target but I need to stop putting so much pressure on myself. I am wearing size 10 clothes and my back size has shrunk from a 38/40 to a 32 so I need to remember this. I also put on some old clothes weigh in night and realised just how much of a change there has been!

Well done to everyone else who has lost this week - just updated the chart and its looking great - except my let down of a result. I do feel a bit of a failure this week. But as long as i lose what I've gained and hopefully a little more next week ill be happy!!

I have done two charts - one is with all of us in who said we wanted to do this month and one is with those who have given results - and can I just say that we are nearly half way to our collective monthly loss this month! well done everyone

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 07.45.29.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 07.46.27.png

Think I need to lower that target! 8lb is just not going to happen for me. I'm having an off week already as ive been in hospital now im home I have to rely on hubby and its not going to be very Sworldy! Maybe I should just halve it to 4lb please. Is that allowed?
Well done everyone you're doing great. X

Think I need to lower that target! 8lb is just not going to happen for me. I'm having an off week already as ive been in hospital now im home I have to rely on hubby and its not going to be very Sworldy! Maybe I should just halve it to 4lb please. Is that allowed?
Well done everyone you're doing great. X

Oh no! I hope you are ok.
I'm sure that's ok. It's suppose to motivate not diminish. Hope you are well.

Sorry so late in reporting back but I wasn't able to get to my usual group last night. So hopped into another group this evening. 2lbs off . I was hoping for more as had a brilliant first half of the week but have been off plan the last 2 days.... Any tips to get my mojo back. It's been really busy at work with long all day meetings. Lunch is provided and I try to bring my own but usually I'm so bored by 12 that I've eaten my lunch and then five into the sandwiches and biscuits that are there... Another 2lbs next week would be great.

Hey everyone I'm new,I joined slimming world nearly a year ago will be a year the beg of Feb and I've lost 4 stone,so happy and still can't believe it and good luck,well done to all you lovely lot:p

Back