January challenge - new year new commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah can't beat a bit of mario "jump ya little plumber jump" ;)
Or the lovely space out ness of Echo the Dolphin on Dreamcast haha showing my age here!

seems like aaaaaaaages since I joined this thread and I'm still a day away from W/I. I want to update my stats on the sheet! Never thought I'd be looking forward to getting on the scales in Jan!

Please to report 4lbs off for me in week 1!

6lbs to go - bring it on! :D

Hello Hello-

To all you wednesday weighers I was thinking that I want to shift my january weigh-ins along a week. I think tomorrow's WI ought to be my first rather than my second.
(Look at me trying to rig the system).
I think when I gave my 7lb goal that included 5 weight-loss WI's (after the predicted crimbo gain and NY gain [which I happened to STS- PHEW])
But- because NY WI fell on Friday-3rd gave that as my first, where technically that was my starting weight.
What I mean is I wanted to lose 7lbs in the whole month of January so my WI on the 3rd (which should of been the 1st) is my start weight of 9st7lbs. And I want to lose 7lbs in January so WI on 5th Feb counts towards my Jan loss.
No- maybe I've got it wrong. I just don't want to set myself up for failure already. Hmmm

I don't know- what do you think Daz?
Maybe I should just leave it how it is and change my goal to 5lbs and then the first WI in Feb counts to my monthly feb loss? (Will there be a sheet in Feb? Probs not with the likes of me going on!)

Any clarification/ advice/ a good shake would be appreciated xxxx

If you change your goal to 5lbs then February will be a fresh start, if you try to use February's first wi as January's last then every month will be out of whack following? xx

Thanks for your time and patience Daz.
Please change me to 5lbs xxxx

Hello Hello-

To all you wednesday weighers I was thinking that I want to shift my january weigh-ins along a week. I think tomorrow's WI ought to be my first rather than my second.
(Look at me trying to rig the system).
I think when I gave my 7lb goal that included 5 weight-loss WI's (after the predicted crimbo gain and NY gain [which I happened to STS- PHEW])
But- because NY WI fell on Friday-3rd gave that as my first, where technically that was my starting weight.
What I mean is I wanted to lose 7lbs in the whole month of January so my WI on the 3rd (which should of been the 1st) is my start weight of 9st7lbs. And I want to lose 7lbs in January so WI on 5th Feb counts towards my Jan loss.
No- maybe I've got it wrong. I just don't want to set myself up for failure already. Hmmm

I don't know- what do you think Daz?
Maybe I should just leave it how it is and change my goal to 5lbs and then the first WI in Feb counts to my monthly feb loss? (Will there be a sheet in Feb? Probs not with the likes of me going on!)

Any clarification/ advice/ a good shake would be appreciated xxxx

It would make no difference whatsoever. The challenge is on what is declared at weigh in. Nothing at all to do with what weight you are. The only thing i would question is the period of time from your last visit to be officially weighed and the 1st one in January. The concept is normally a 7 day factor each time, so if, like some, the last official weigh in was mid December, thus being 14 days or so, then an average can be set using those figures for a 7 day equivalent. (an example being :- if your losses from 17th December until 1st January = 4 lb, then a 7 day average would be a 1.87 lb loss)

As for the other part, the January challenge happens in January. February figures will be in a February challenge, once Texty sets it up.

thats not that difficult to do is it lol haha .. and i dont know lol whichever you think be best lol

Bird, confusing me, as ever. Do You want me to put a 2 lb gain or do You want me to average it over the whole period since the last official weigh in? I can do either, Your choice my lovely.

Ladies, and the occasional gentleman, if i may be as bold. This and any other challenge are only to help people with a bit of back up and something visual to keep focused with. One thing it is not is a competition. It does not matter who losses most, or if people do not reach target. A couple of months ago a lovely person dropped out of the challenges due to feeling pressured into thinking that it was "something to win" by other people. Lets please not have that sort of atmosphere, it is so we can all help each other to do what we set out to achieve, lose weight. :D

the only competition i have is against myself :) im doing this for myself, and as new to this forum as i may be i see this challenge as fun and a personal challenge which helps motivate me along with the support of everyone else :)

Ladies, and the occasional gentleman, if i may be as bold. This and any other challenge are only to help people with a bit of back up and something visual to keep focused with. One thing it is not is a competition. It does not matter who losses most, or if people do not reach target. A couple of months ago a lovely person dropped out of the challenges due to feeling pressured into thinking that it was "something to win" by other people. Lets please not have that sort of atmosphere, it is so we can all help each other to do what we set out to achieve, lose weight. :D

People, if you want, just so its all a level playing field, post the amount you have declared in this first week, along with the last 2 weigh ins. I will then average it so that everybody has a 7 day figure as the first weeks.

Entirely up to yourselves, i only fill the sheet out. Let me know.

Hello :) Please can I join this one Daz?

I only started on SW again yesterday so i'll have one less weigh in but that's fine :) I am aiming for 7lbs this month!

xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back