Jaqys - dusting off the diary

Being a genius :)

When I was losing a steady 3lb a week I tended to lose 2 on the weekend and 1 during the week so I'm hoping it's a return to that.

Awww vettel crying his eyes out after winning the racing, I'm kinda sad webber and Hamilton didn't manage it but anyone but alonso was my hope.

Cool Jaqys!! Sounds like a GOOD weekend to me! I'll not mention here what I had on Saturday ;-)

I'm okay thanks jet.

Elation and despair this morning, weight wise things are super good have dropped into the 14s :D only just but v v happy.

Clotheswise its useless, I dropped a size in trousers quite quickly into the diet but havnt dropped another.

My current jeans are too big, to the extent they are falling down. Tried on next size down a few times in shops, no go, this morning tried on the trousers I brought back from Mums and they are too tight still, can get them on but they are not pleasant.

Its really frustrating, I think I've probably lost 2 stone since I last dropped a trouser size.

On top I'm down more, a lot of the weight I've lost has been from my back and belly and I'm probably 3 sizes down, but its less critical on top, can wear tops bigger for longer.

Fed up with falling down jeans.

that must be very annoying for you... I expect SUDDENLY you'll find they do fit (oh and also, I expect you're trying on freshly washed and ironed jeans? Can you keep them on for 1/2 hour next time you try them on to see whether they give any?) Do you wear skirts and dresses and have you had the same size problem with them? oh and did you try any jeans on in the U.S. by any chance? Different sizings might have suited better...

I did try on jeans in the US, that was the last time I tried in the shop jeans.

My current ones are already loose straight from laundry which means in time they get even looser, the trousers i tried today have been in storage for some time and whilst I could get them on and do up they're just too tight in the thigh and bum to be decent for work.

I dont have any jeans in the next size down to wear for longer. Might have to go ahead and buy some.

Dont wear skirts and only dresses when getting all dressed up. The dress in my pic from holiday http://www.minimins.com/members/36920-albums2606-picture16800.jpg is 2 sizes smaller than my current jeans, which is nice but no help for everyday.

Sigh just as I'd stopped moaning about diet motivation too :D

oh jaq love that dress you are wearing. :D and well done on the 14s!

Congrats on the 14s hun...I agree with Jo....and had the same experience....lost a size quickly in and then nothing since :( disheartening but I know it'll come off at some stage :) ...onwards and downwards x

Hi and congrats on the next milestone! That's brilliant!

I'm afraid I have no useful advice on the trousers front - I wore my old ones (2 sizes too big) for ages and ages with a big belt. Much easier in the summer of course and not exactly the most flattering approach.

I guess a belt it is.

I'll try again in another half stone (hey I'm 6.8 away from 4stone gone :D ), maybe this will motivate me into the gym (yes pigs going past the window).

hey hun I know how you feel ive got loads of jeans and im either in to big or too small ...i resort to stretch jeans at the start of a new size now lol
it will happen just keep on at it ....

I thought about this thread and you Jaqs this morning when I got up! (Makes a change for me to be able to SEE in my wardrobe in the mornings, as the other half is usually away with the fairies when I get dressed in the dark!)...

Are you talking "low rise" trousers? If so, have you tried <the other sort>? ALL my low risers, whatever size (and I do have a fair range!), seem to "fall down" once they relax... I would have thought this must be the same for anyone who's thighs aren't wider than their hips actually...

I hate low rise jeans!

nothing worse than having to hitch your jeans up when you stand up... or having to wonder whether your pink polka dotted undies are visible if you bend down!

i know! (not to the polka dot pants though ;) )

No dotty knickers here and no low rise jeans.

But lots of hitching up.

I've tried on all sorts of styles(boyfriend, slim leg, wide leg, bootcut, relaxed fit.......) apart from anything with skinny on the label as thats asking for trouble.

It just seems at the moment the wider the leg the lower the waist. Lunacy.

yes skinny jeans are evil! will never work for me with my hips!

Back