Jaylou's diary~Much better now!

jaylou

Gold Member
Okay, I love reading everyone food diaries but haven't thought of doing one myself until now. I'm thinking that this may help keep me focused as I am trying to drop to 3lbs below target before I go on holiday 1st August. That's only 4.5lbs but I've been maintaining for almost a year now and have a bit of a "treat" head on for a few days a week!

So, this is the reason I'm writing this down - feel free to comment and pop in from time to time and keep me on the straight and narrow. Promise I'll write it all down!

Today - Friday EE day

B - mixed berries & natural yoghurt with 28g natures pleasure museli (5.5syns)

L - spanish omelette with new pots, onion and parsley & baked beans

D - big fat juicy steak with new potatoes, asparagus (for the last time until next year boo hoo) and peas

Snacks - banana, WW yoghurt, rich tea biscuit (2.5 syns)

I'll have a Hifi bar for my B choice and my A choice is always milk as I'm a coffee head!

So, there you have it, day one.....
I may have to update later if I have some chocolate but hopefully not.....:D

Last edited:
Hmmm, DD has just given me a drumstick lolly as a gift!! Have simply go to eat it - 2.5 syns. Total is now 10 syns for today - not having anymore, so glad i save a B choice Hifi bar!!

Hiya Jay ~ yay another diary to read ~ it's great that you have decided to start one. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun xx

Thanks Mary x It's a busy weekend so far, here's today's foods...

Saturday EE

B - bacon, "fried eggs" beans (all free)

L - quick lunch out - tesco finest moroccan style couscous (2.5 syns) and a banana

D - will be chicken curry (home made) with rice and a mini naan bread (7 syns)

So, 9.5 syns so far - will try not to have any extras on top of that, no biccies tonight for me!

Saved my B choice so will have a Hi Fi bar maybe or 4 ryvitas with ham & tomato for supper.

A choice was used for a small Starbucks skinny cappucino.

Yay! Welcome to the diary club :D
Good luck (not that you need it!) with dropping below target for hols. Have no doubt you'll do it. Will enjoy reading your diary.

H x

Aw ta Hellie!

So, today is the Longest Day and first day of Summer and what a gorgeous day, I love the sun and pottering about in the garden. :)

Today's food - EE

Brunch - bacon, sliced "fried" new pots, eggs and tinned toms (all free! how great!!)

Snack - big bowl of summer fruits and a muller black cherry vanilla chocolate one (2 syns) poured on top. It was gorgeous, sat in the sun and ate it. Banana.

Dinner will be Jacket pot with tuna and beans and a HUGE salad. 6 syns for an ounce of cheese. I ate all the radish I picked earlier on as soon as I had washed them so will have to pick some more before tea! Greedy piggy.

Still have my B choice left, will have a Hifi bar later on.

8 syns for the day.

Enjoy your sunday whoever may read this!

All change!! DD came home with birthday cake (early!) from her dad's so B choice is now the cheese on jacket and 10 syns for a slice of cake - and a small one at that!!

Love the flexibility of this so called diet!

Supper will have to be left over salad or berries and FF natural yoghurt.

Last edited:
Morning all - bright and early this morning as I'm out and about with work today so won't be on here :-(

Today's food - Red (pre weigh day! always red!)

B - mixed summer fruit berries and muller chocolate berry vanilla yoghurt (you know which I mean!) 2 syns. don't like using syns so early but it's the last yog in the fridge until I go shopping tonight!

L - Tuna salad, grapes, banana, apple

D - will be home made cajun pork burgers (the cajun chicken ones out of the mag but with pork cos the butcher doesn't do minced chicken!) with roasted butternut squash, roast peppers and a big salad.

I'll try and keep away from the cake - 10 syns was an awful lot for such a small piece and it wasn't even that nice! Would have rather had a bag of revels!

A choice will be milk

B choices - hmm not sure as all meals are free at the moment. I try to keep meals as free as poss so I can use them as "snacks". I'll def have a hi fi bar when I get in from work and probably have the other B choice as ryvita for supper with some ham and tomato on.

WI day.... results later, I get weighed at 5.30pm.

Not really looking for a good result as although I have been super good since Thursday, I wasn't so good Tuesday or wednesday last week :(

Today's foods EE

B - muller vanilla & choc yoghurt with 20g muesli (3 syns)

L - tuna and mixed bean salad with leaves, toms, cucumber, egg & cannelini beans. Banana

D - will be pasta alla amatriciana (oh yes!!) smoked bacon, carrot, pepper, onion, garlic & chilli in tinned toms and simmered down served on top of a mountain of penne pasta. I will have 28g of yummy cheese on top as I've only had one coffee today :)mad:) so haven't used an A choice worth of milk.

B choice will be a Hifi bar later.

I normally have a tuesday blowout but I'm going to try not to this week, I really want to shift a few pounds and I know the Tuesday doesn't help. I need to get out of "mainenance" mode and into "dieting" mode :D

Going for it BIG time!

Results are in, half a pound on.... I'm now 2lb above target. I must have done some damage on tuesday night/wednesday as I was super good from Thursday!

So.... I'm aiming for a 100% week :eek: should be okay up until Sunday as It's DD's birthday party, I'm doing the food so as long as I stay away from the "proper" sausages and only eat my home made burgers not the yummy butchers ones I should be okay. I will syn a bit of cake though but will try and stick to 10 syns a day before sunday.

That's the plan! :D

Wednesday's food: Green Day

B - strawbs rasps and banana topped with a vanilla choc muller. Superfree superspeed heaven!

L - just picked a lovely romaine lettuce and some radish from the garden and I plan to have that with a spanish omelette (must go and harvest some spuds now in a bit!)

D - not too sure yet, maybe a Jacket potato with a HEX B of tuna and some beans and tomatoes mixed together, served with yet more salad and a HEX A choice of grated cheddar.

By my reckoning that leaves me a B choice for supper and my 10 syns :D Planning has got to be the key to this week!

Edit - my B choice was bacon on my jacket and I had the other B as a Hifi bar (yummy lemon one). had 2 pink and whites with a cuppa later on, 5 syns.

100% day and 5 syns.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Mary, the support from you guys is amazing ((hugs))

I go away on 31st July for a week, to lovely Cornwall. If the weather is like this it will be amazing! Can't wait but need to be a little lighter so I can eat lots of cream teas :)

Another busy non minimins day today, I miss it when I can't get on here much! Will be around tomorrow though - yay :D

Thursday's foods - Green day

B - weetabix (hex B) milk (hex A) and a banana on top

L - Jacket potato with beans and salad
Banana & cherries.

Mullerlight choc n vanilla yoghurt

28g liquorice cream rocks (liquorice is my downfall - well one of them!) 5.5syns

D - will be courgette and pea risotto with lemon zest and mint. "Summer on a plate". Served with the obligatory salad as I have tons of lettuce in the garden and an A choice of cheese. Another lovely free meal. I do like it when meals are free!

So, that leaves me a B choice and some more syns if I want them. Will update later.

Hopefully 100% day 2???

Yay, it was another 100% day!! Had ryvita with strawbs on and a grinding of black pepper. Yummy! One little rich tea biscuit for 2 syns takes syns total for today to 7.5.

Pinching Hellie's little weekly total thing :) Weekly total is 12.5 syns.

Last edited:
A gorgeous food day. I love a nice risotto me :D

Keep it up...you can do 100% all week, no problems. I have confidence in you girly!

Thanks Hellie! I need this motivation and support from you all!

Day 3 of my super motivated week......

Thursday's Foods - EE

B - mixed berries and FF natural yoghurt

nectarine

L - Will most probably make a spanish omelette with some chopped bacon and served with a big green salad.

D - Ham, eggs, SW chips and tomatoes. A HEX B choice of 2 small slices of bread will be used to make chip butties!!

This is one of my favourite simple meals and best of all the whole family will eat it. Makes my life so much easier when DD will have the same thing as us!!

As always my A choice is milk for my copious amounts of coffee.

Syns will be decided but as I only have one B choice today they will probably be used for a Hifi bar later on.

Thanks so much Mary - today is going to be so tough as I am doing all the baking ready for tomorrow - choc chip cookies, cup cakes and of course the chocolate coated birthday cake! Argh..... It's going to be so hard. I did a test run of the cookies yesterday and worked out the syns at 7 each. They were so yummy.

So today's foods

Saturday - EE

B - Bacon, eggs, mushrooms & tinned cherry tomatoes

L - Will probably have loads of berries and yoghurt and a banana. I tend not to have too much as the cooked brekkie keeps me going.

D - I'm making a Lamb Saag - really looking forward to this. It's a Good Food recipe, very SW friendly if you just omit the oil. I love adapting recipes from the food mags I seem to buy in abundance! This will be served with rice (hence the EE day). No naan bread today, being an angel ready for tomorrow!

Will update more later, in the meantime, I have cookies to bake. Boo hoo......

Happy baking! Your cookies sound lush...

Have a fab party. Hope all goes v well x

Thanks Hellie - they are yummy, crunchy but chewy too - secret ingredient is condensed milk. Mmmmm!

Okay so it was tough! The cake is amazing and I'm so proud of it - but god only knows how many syns I've licked off the spoon.....

Not gone over on the food - didn't have any lunch so just breakfast and curry.

Syns that I know of - 4 matchmakers (4 syns) mini milky way ( 4 syns) and lots of licks.......

A choice was milk and B choice was 2 ryvita fruit crunch dunked in my cuppa ten mins ago. Finally got to sit down after a mammoth baking/cooking/preparation day. My daughter is one lucky girl!!

Bit of a busy blur yesterday but here is the update....

B - 2 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and HEX B of bread.

I'm trying to cut down on the amount I eat with my cooked brekkie, I know I don't have to as free foods are free but tomatoes have got to be less cals than beans and do I really need 4 rashers of bacon?? I'm sure normal big cooked brekkie service will be resumed when I dip below target but for now every little helps!!

L - no lunch, far too busy!

D - BBQ. I didn't do too badly really, I didn't have bread, burgers, cookies, fairy cakes, crisps, chocolate fondue but I did have:

1 chipolata sausage (4syns?) salmon fillet, tandoori chicken fillet, mixed salad, roasted tomato bulger wheat salad, hm roasted red pepper hummous (gorgeous! will make this again) hm tatziki with carrot sticks & potato wedges. The wedges were made with the smallest drizzle of oil so I'll say 4 syns for them. 2 slices of my vanilla berry jelly terrine (so impressed with this) 1 syn too!! and a small slice of birthday cake - 7 syns? Half a dozen marshmallows 6 syns - I threw these away in the end, I didn't even realise I was eating them..... what a waste of 6 syns - Argh!

So, I guestimate 22 syns. Not bad I suppose and I didn't sit down all day! I haven't used my syns every day so I think this will be okay. :D

Back