Jaynes' Cambridge Diary

day eighteen

Havent updated for a few days because my life is at that big dull bore at the moment... it has been all work, cd, minimins, sleep recently but now im on annual leave its all sleep, minimins, cd! Wild! Usually I fill my annual leave up with meeting friends for lunches (always with chips or those lunchtime buffet deals) and dinners with wine as no work tomorrow so hangover doesnt matter! But alas no! Meeting a supportive friend tomorrow which will be nice. Only a few days till weighday... feeling more positive this week, scales only showing pound or two loss so far (which at least is better than this time last week!), but feel generally a little trimmer all over and my family can really tell in my face so thats spurring me on! Hope everyone else having a good week!

Last edited:
Lucky you having annual leave, hope you really enjoy it. I have AL booked for trip to Venice (which will go ahead) and was looking forward to adding on a few more days but a colleague who is also a good friend has asked me to help out on a project, and I don't want to say no.
Oh well, could always use that proposed leave in bleak Jan or Feb, I'm sure that I will appreciate it then.
Its good that you have supportive friends, very useful for surviving CD, not sure what I would have done without my best mate on night out (will start daily thread to off-load!)
Avoid the buffet restaurants - my downfall x

day twenty

Had 3rd weigh in today, 4.5lbs off so am very pleased was better than last week!! So 12.5lbs in total for 3 weeks so I cant complain. Have got a planned day off diet/night out tomorrow (promised by BF I would do it when I started the diet), am both nervous and looking forward to it. going for a japanese meal then drinks. Have told my CDC, planning to have a bar and a proper food tomorrow, hopefully wont go mad but is easier said then done! Am most looking forward to (how sad!) alcohol! Am really hoping it doesnt throw me off course but am seeing CDC thurs rather than friday next weel as I working friday, so the lack of weight loss/weight gain will spur me on im sure!! will keep you posted! Hope everyone else weighing today got good results!

Well done on your third weigh in babe. Ive locked myself in my room s the weekend doesn't ruin my good week already hehehe

Well done on your third weigh in, hun. :0clapper:

And enjoy your meal out. :D Actually, you'll probably find you get full up really quickly!

day twenty-two

just a quick post before bed! Am tired and gutted annual leave over, on a thirteen hour shift tomorrow. Dreading getting up at 545am. Had my planned night off yesterday, cant say I loved the experience. Thought would love the opportunity to drink booze and eat but am so desperate to succeed at the diet it just didnt feel right and it didnt go down well. I had 2 small glasses white wine, glass champagne, then went on to diet soft drinks. For food had prawn sushi and scallops for the main so not too carb heavy. Still in mild ketosis this morning thank god! Was out till 3am so think was fairly restrained. Will hopefuly enjoy next 'nite off' and 'nite out' cos dont want to turn into a misery! Maybe I just wasnt ready yet. Am really hoping to still lose this week but if not will crack on... Woke up this morning and although tired still felt in control (as i did last nite) which is such a positive of CD! Anyway hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

It sounds like you did really well on your planned 'nite off' - making sensible choices and getting right back to plan; I don't believe that I possess the discipline to do that - I'm an all or nothing kind of girl!

Sadly all good things come to an end, including Annual Leave. I don't think that I could cope with long shifts anymore (used to do 12 hours) although I can end up doing the odd long day. I do a lot of talking in my role and that can be exhausting (mind you, I feel sorry for the poor individuals that have to endlessly listen to my voice!)
Hope its a good week for you x

Think you might be right J, all a bit too soon. Think I was a good few months in before I had a night off. But saying that you did fabulous and bonus to still be in ketosis!! I've just requested a change from long days to shorts again... this is my first week, although there is one long day thrown in because we couldn't get cover. I used to dread the thought of a 13 hr shift when going through a bad patch on the ward. 8 hours seems so doable in comparison...but I know there's parking, late shifts etc and less days off to think about! I'm going to try it and see...

Have a good day! Will be thinking of you x

day twenty-six

Hello everyone... got weighed today (had to get weighed a day early as working the dreaded 13 hour shift tomorrow), and lost 2lbs! yay! so am now half a lb over my stone off! Am so pleased, especially after having planned night off. Just hope I lose a stone off or nearabouts next month.....! Hardly anyone is noticing yet (except the friends who know) but I am glad in some ways it means I can diet in peace! Did feel bad as some work friends were talking about CD yesterday on my shift, and I just sat there and kept schtum! Mind you they were saying the usual..you just put it back on after, the woman who was saying it tried CD, the first week only went and collected her first weeks sachets and then didnt get through week so never went back! Im finding the 13 hour shifts at work pretty hard, get a bit of dizziness in the afternoons etc and sometimes is hard to get the water down, looked really tired and a bit peaky the other day, work colleagues (who as you know dont know about CD) tried to force feed me bananas!
Not getting weighed for ten days now due to shifts etc... am hoping I do ok because of time gap, i find the weigh-ins such a helpful target! Anyway hope you are all having a great week so far!

Well done on your loss, and you weighed in early. On this kind of diet, a pound or two can disappear in 24 hours (honestly, I tested this theory when I did Lighterlife), so really you have done just great.
As for the bananas - one of my favourite fruits, I will have a nice hot banana shake tonight, yum. Trust nurses to think you could benefit from a nice bit of potassium, lol x

day thirty-eight (? i think losing track)

My weigh day today.... had about ten day gap which was a bit weird but am so pleased as have lost 7lbs! So well on the way to the next stone off. Am doing ok except for occasional bouts of insomnia (am on nights this week so wont be a problem), and am freezing all the time! The bad breath and furry tongue seem so much better! Was remeasured today too, lost 5 inches in my waist from start, 2.5 from hips, 4.5 from bust, only half an inch off an arm the stubborn things! But 3.5inches off one thigh which sounds a lot from a small body part! So is all good.. Hope everyone else having a good day!

Well done Jayne thats a great loss in a week. Keep at it you are doing really well.

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from?? I live about a mile from Ikea x

day forty-three (or something like that)

Hey everyone.... i cant update my diary everyday because frankly it would bore the pants off everyone as have very little life at the moment with CD!! Not due to get weighed till this friday which will be 11 days in between weigh-ins..so far my scales (both sets, have now bought a 2nd pair as first pair weight 3.5lbs less than CDC scales, however new pair only weigh 1 or 2 lbs more, so never know which to believe..i officially need help) are not saying much loss maybe a lb if that, but had a big loss on monday so thought might be less this week, and i could be drinking more water. Suffering with the cold so not drinking as much as I know I could.
Typical the few mths before CD I worked loads of weekends turned down loads of events, now I have had loads off in a row and do a whole lot of nothing! A friend I havent seen since before I started CD (who doesnt know), as we work at different sites, rang me last week and I felt so rude I had to make loads of excuses, lack of money, plans etc to her multiple offers which were invites for food and booze. The 'no money' line didnt work, she said well lets meet for a mcdonalds!! thats only 3 quid! SO said Im dieting so would meet her thurs teatime for a few soft drinks (she invited me for drinks) , she still tried to get me to commit to going to hers for dinner after!! She is such a feeder. I told her just to come to mine for a brew some time, she said ok and Ill bring salted popcorn (she knows its my favourite!). Honestly I give up, and she was trying to be such a good friend and I must come accross like im avoiding her. I dont want to tell her about CD as she has a decent competitive streak so I know it wouldnt be good for me.
Everything else is going ok with CD, am thinking about going to the gym again, as I went before CD and paying for it anyway, am just worried it will make me feel hungry and weak, but am missing it so much. I also wanted to lose the weight with the diet and just have exercise as a boost when at the last few lbs, for toning up and relaxation... we will see. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and a more exciting one than me! Am day off tomorrow too and going to my friends in manchester who knows about my diet and is mega supportive so am really looking forward to that!

Jayne, now that you are firmly established on CD and doing so well, do you think that you could tell the friend that doesn't know and is inviting you over for meals etc?
Mind you, you have identified her as a feeder so I suspect your decision not to tell her has been carefully considered already - just playing 'devils advocate' or whatever its called?!
Maybe being a bit of a feeder stems from the nurturing nature of nursing and other health care roles?
Good Luck with next weigh-in x

I had a feeling someone would say something like that! shes lovely but self-admitted so competitive about EVERYTHING in life, i just dont want her to get competitive about this as well, where as if she doesnt know im on a specific diet she wont do that. she has tried to 'remake' me in the past and drag me to spinning and on massive runs! (she is dead good at running I am not). And i still remember a few years ago, when i succesfuly lost a bit of weight on ww, her comments that it was alright for me when i put weight on because the 'weight drops off me'..., err no it doesnt i have to work hard at it! I think the fact that I have been big the last few years and not managed to lose any has shut her up. I just dont want the 'youve had a quick and easy fix', comments, i know im being hypersensitive about this and not making my friend sound very nice..i just cant help how I feel about it! Ahh women! x

ps the feeder thing is part of mothering and wanting to be the hostess to be sure you are right! She loves it...you cant go round to her house without she spontaneously rattles off a 3 course meal or bakes cookies from scratch!! (she is an amazing cook!) and when i said i was dieting she started telling me what healthy foods she could cook me! And i said no food please feeder!!! All social engagements shouldnt revolve around it!

weigh day

am totally confused by what day I am on but think it may be day forty-eight..(maths is not my strong point!). Had an 11 day gap between weigh ins due to shifts. Lost 3.5lbs today so very chuffed about that..makes 1 stone 11 lbs in total so cant wait to get to the 2 stone mark. all going well, am just getting nervous about the festive period and my holidays coming up but keeping as motivated as possible for now! The odd person (who doesnt know about diet) has noticed im looking 'well', but thats about it. But am happy with how things are going and looking forward to buying some new clothes soon! Hope everyone else having a great weekend so far and a good CD week! xx

Back