Jayne's Diary - Exante Total Plus. Started 2 Jan 2015

Hi Jayne, hope you are ok x

Miss you Jayne.

Jayne, I hope all's well. If and I say if you've had a few difficult days it doesn't matter. Look at my recent track record! I'm two stones behind Green in weight loss despite once being almost the same weight at the same time. A lot of things, including illness, derailed me. Then my hunger and cravings came back. Even so I kept looking ahead and adjusting my food until I got back on track. This is one very hard diet as we all know. And regain is swift when we slip more than once. However the fast regain is water (glycogen). Living on 600 calories per day, reduced carbs, sets the body up to grab every single added calorie/carb if we do eat off-plan. If you've been struggling a bit just reduce carbs and calories and stay off the scale. That's what I do.

If it's something else, then I hope it will be resolved very soon.

We miss you hun x

Last edited:
I agree with Serial - we're all here for the same reason and nobody understands how hard it can be more than those doing it. Yes, we're here to celebrate success but also to support each other through the harder times. Don't be a stranger - you can talk to us! X

These guys are right :) I've posted my journey, warts and all, and received nothing but positive words the whole way thru :) x

Hi all. Sorry for being AWOL! Been a tough time just lately. Lots of history to this, and I'm not into typing it all up as it's all a tad overwhelming right now, but this past couple of weeks my youngest son (who is only 11) has been really poorly. It's been (still is) a very worrying and difficult time. So, he has needed a lot of my care, attention and time and in between that and working, sleeping, surviving! etc. I've hardly been on my computer or looked at my phone. I'm pretty sure he'll be okay in the long run, it's just hard right now.

Of course the diet has been totally out of the window! It was also my birthday on Mon and that was the perfect excuse for me to really tuck in! We did go out for a meal and it was actually a really lovely part of the week. We spent a long time in the restaurant and ate very slowly, enjoying every little bit. Even managed a few laughs throughout the evening :)

Sooo, weigh ins! Last week I STS, and this week I gained 3lb. Totally deserved. It may be a one day wonder, but I'm going to try again from today. I have sparkling water for my breakfast and packs lined up for the day ahead.

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and missing me. I've been thinking of and missing you all as well. I shall try to catch up a little ;)

Great to hear from you, Jayne. Very sorry to hear that your son is ill. I know how desperately worrying it is when a beloved child is poorly. I hope he'll be much better soon.

I had a feeling it might be more than just diet glitches taking up your time. Belated Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a lovely meal out x

Sorry to hear about your son Jayne. And we'll done to you keeping the diet under control under very stressful times. Give yourself a lot of credit for that x

Hope your boy is feeling better soon Jayne. Its tough when children are unwell and you want to take their place.
Glad you enjoyed your Birthday though. Its a good time for you to be together.
3lb is nothing is it so not worth worrying about x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So glad you booked in but so sorry to hear your Son is so poorly. Of course all your energy and thoughts are dealing with him. Just take care of yourself too so you have the strength to deal with everything. Happy Belated birthday.

Thinking of you x

Thanks all. Am hoping to catch up with you all this bank hol weekend. Hope everyone ok. My boy has had a better couple of days, which has been a huge relief.

Fri was on track most of the day, until I slipped with a (large) bowl of cornflakes and milk late in the evening. Sat was a few too many protein picks and a slip with a Frys Turkish delight (spontaneous garage purchase as pay at pump not working!) and small glass of diet lemonade (late in evening). Today so far is 100%! Am home all day today and going to do my best to grit through!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

A quick weigh in today showed the 3lb gain from Fri GONE! :D Woop! Had a perfect day yesterday. Determined to do the same today. Another half a lb off and I'll be back to where I was before I started messing about. Anything on top of that will be progress towards my next 3 stone off in time for hols!

Glad to hear your son is feeling better. And well done being back on track :) I read your post wrong to start with and thought you'd slipped over carrying cornflakes ;) x

Glad to hear your son is feeling better. And well done being back on track :) I read your post wrong to start with and thought you'd slipped over carrying cornflakes ;) x

Haha, well, that would've stopped me eating them if nothing else! :D lol.

Another day done :)

The dreaded pay at pump not working catches us of guard eh Jayne. Its usually a kitkat with me.

You're back into the swing of things now & the numbers will start dropping again so well done x

Glad to hear your sons making progress. Well done you on getting back on track that's wonderful. I'm sure you will make great strides towards your holiday goal. X

Thanks all :)

Another 3/4 of a lb down this morning :) So that makes all my 'blip' gain of 3.5lb gone, and takes me to half a lb under my lowest weight since I started on Jan :) Think I will be a daily weigher until Fri (official) weigh in! So good to see the scales dropping again. Perfect day so far today, and am at the theatre tonight to see The Woman in Black (eeeek!), so that should keep me from slipping up. I will take water with me, and have 2 packs left to have when I get home :)

Yay! The blip is gone and now you can wipe the slate clean :) xx

4.5lb off :D So, that's all the blip weight gone and a bit more lost taking me to my lowest weight since I started in Jan :) I'm sure I'll have a few more blips along this long road, but for now, I'm back on track :) I'm chasing the 16's!

Back