Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

Well done Jayne for staying strong!

You're a young looking nearly 40! Well done on that too. I had a ball celebrating my 40th. Nothing as s****y as going abroad :p but we did have seats very close to stage to see Take That on the Beautiful World tour on the day of my birthday. My bessie mate and I stayed over at the Hilton in Manchester and spent the weekend drinking LOTS of champagne.

It was the first time I did LT and I'd lost 3 stone. People had started really noticing and saying I was looking great. But stupidly, I stopped on the LT to celebrate my birthday, and then as it was so close to Christmas, stayed off the LT and never got back on. So here I am 4 years later, back where I started last time! If your 40th is in April, you could be 3 stone lighter by then and well on your way to completing, so a holiday later in the year would be a good goal to aim for and keep you on the straight and narrow till then.

It's my ambition to go to New York for my 50th. I know its 6 years away, but I'm starting my own little saving account now!

New York is AMAZING! We went a few years back (2005 I think it was). Actually, it was just before that I first did a VLCD (Lighter Life) and had lost around 6 stones. The flight was so comfortable and I fitted into the seats and the little tray came down properly in front of me - was fab! :) I hadn't completed my weight loss, but decided to take a break in the diet (daftly didn't refeed) and ate my first meal on the plane. NY delis are incredible and boy did I eat over there! I didn't feel huge at the time, and so had no embarrassment about stuffing my face! Had every intention of getting back on track when I got home, but of course, that didn't happen. I've never been down to that weight since, despite a few attempts at VLCD.

People do say I look young for my age (thanks for the compliment :) ). I think it's because the fat is puffing out the wrinkles lol. It'll probably all sag and go wrong once the weight is off and I'll look ancient lmao :) Hoping it'll be good genes though. My mother has always looked good for her age - she's always been a bit on the large side (although not huge) mind lol

xx

I'm sure you will look fantastic for your birthday. The best plan is to take in one day at a time and plan for any breaks so you can refeed properly. It worked for me a Christmas. Well done with your losses so far.

Day 22

Well, it would appear, I didn't do to badly in week 2 (notorious for slow loss) but my body positively hated week 3. I have been 100%, moved far more this week and yet only lost 1.5lb. It totally doesn't reflect the effort and I feel really despondent and pissed off about it :( I have been totally starving since Sunday night, but have pee'd on a stick and am fully in ketosis. My ketones aren't protecting my hunger for some reason. They never used to that well in the past though when I've done this diet, so was surprised when they did for the early part of it this time. I'm not a big loser. I will never be someone who loses 6 or 7lb in a week (after week 1). I have PCOS and I'm sure that hinders my weight loss, but I had hoped to lose a bit more than this by now :-/ It's such a tough diet and when the results aren't there, yet you are being 100%, it's not easy. I hope next week is better. xx

Hi Jayne!

Good to see you! Thought you'd fallen off the diet for a while there!

I'm only expecting a 2lb loss this week Jayne. I think you're right in that 3rd week can be hard. I think that in weeks 1 and 2 you're caught up in the euphoria of actually this might be the time you're going to do it. But week 3 is about settling down into the hard grind and knowing you're here for awhile yet!

I know you could lose 2lb a week at WW or SW, but from experience ow often will you do that week after week after week without slip ups? In my case it's never! I've been doing slimming clubs for 20 years and never had three consecutive weight loses. My pattern is usually lose, lose, gain, STS, lose, STS ect.

So stick with us girly, amd we'll be slim (mer) in no time ;)

Thanks hun, I shall pick myself up and dust myself off later today I'm sure. You're right, I wouldn't do that week after week on a conventional diet. I'd be lucky to lose half a lb in a week (and probably be happy with that!), so it's def the right diet for me. It's really the only diet I ever lose a decent amount on. It's so hard not eating though. Last couple of days I've really started to miss regular food, and craved chocolate for the first time in 3 weeks. The hunger and rumbling tummy isn't helping! You are also right though that this is the time now that the euphoria is wearing off and we have to knuckle down to the grindstone and get on with it to reach our goals. We'll do it ;) Hope you have a good weigh in :) xx

That's the spirit! I find I'm still having hunger pangs and in those moments I could cheerfully eat! I automatically go to make myself a piece of toast almost every morning and then wonder what I'm doing! But, the way I think about it is, I know I'd still be feeling hungry and deprived on what ever diet I did, and i wouldn't be able to eat toast and butter either!

Together we can do this!!!

I'll be happy with 2 off this week (well I'll try to be.) because I'm not expecting much this week. Off for my weigh in around 5, so I'll update then.

Keep swimming sweetie

Keep you chin up - the weeks I've had a poor loss have usually been followed by a good loss so stick with it. Good Luck.x

Day 23

Am over the poor loss now. Got things into perspective, not so hungry today either and moving onwards and downwards :) I am still 100%. Can't ask for more than that can I :)

xx

Day 23

Am over the poor loss now. Got things into perspective, not so hungry today either and moving onwards and downwards :) I am still 100%. Can't ask for more than that can I :)

xx

That's my girl! You know if you stay 100% you can't fail!!!!
Well done you for picking yourself up and getting on with the hard slog.
Think I read somewhere on here about the hard milestones for people giving up smoking are 3 days, 3 weeks 3, months. So you've made it past the first two hard milestones!!!

Onwards and downwards indeed!

Hi :) Not been about much this week as got some stressy stuff going on, BUT, I have remained 100% on diet, which I am so pleased about as usually I eat my emotions away. This time they've been out there in all their glory and rawness, but it means I've dealt with them, which I think is a big learning curve and has been good for me in an odd sort of way! lol.

Anyhow 3.5lb down for me, which I'm thrilled with as I'm not the sort to lose huge numbers each week and 3 lb is my average for this diet, so 3.5lb will do me :D

xx

That's brilliant on all counts.
A great loss but even better coping wiht a stressful situation without turning to food! That's so hard to do. Well done you!

Thought we'd lost you for a while. Glad to see you back and even stronger.

Keep going Jayne and you'll be there in no time!

Jayne love... I just posted a photo on Louloubelle's diary of what 1lb of fat looks like. I think when you olook at it, aside from it being well gross, it makes you realise just how much it is! Be proud of you. You might not have had massive losses (me neither) but you're still doing it and havent given up! you have nearly done the valentines challenge too x x x

Day 31 :)

Wow, time is flying by! Can't quite believe I've got this far without a single cheat! Last night was a bit of a test as I went to a friend's house and the girls all had Chinese takeaway (my fave) and wine. I was driving, so the wine wasn't a problem, but I wondered if the Chinese would be. I took my shake to have. As it turned out, I wasn't even the teeniest bit tormented by their food or eating. Yes, it would've been nice to have some, but I barely batted an eye lid. I didn't even have my shake until much later when I got home! Totally shocked myself. Ketosis feels really well established now (cold hands, feet and nose, and a permanent vile taste in my mouth!). Hunger pangs are minimal and haven't had any cravings for a little while :) The shakes seem to just be becoming routine.

When I started this diet at the beginning of January I was super enthusiastic and determined. I am still as determined now, 31 days on, but I did have niggling doubts initially if this was going to be yet another diet that I do and fail with. After last night, I feel a sense of confidence though, that maybe, this is the time in my life where it will work and I will get the weight off once and for all. I think this is the first time I've really been concentrating on the health benefits of weight loss, rather than the aesthetics of it. Maybe that's the key for success this time. Only time will tell I suppose :)

xx

Day 35 :)

2.5lb off this week. TOTM due yesterday, but still not arrived, so am very pleased with this weigh in :D Am still 100%, but spoke to soon on the cravings front as they have been killing me past few days - likely due to TOTM. Would usually be eating loads so not bothered by them at this time, but now ........arghhh. Hopefully the witch will arrive soon and I can get on in peace lol.

Well, here's to another week :)

xx

Day 37

TOTM arrived yesterday morning and cravings disappeared throughout the morning. Feeling great today, and looking forward to weigh in Tues :) xx

Back