Jealous..or glad?

My weight did not go on overnight but crept on over the years. I too feel jealous, sometimes, but love how SW can be adapted into my life. You can still have a social life and lose weight. VLCD are good for a quick fix but are not sustainable long term.

I think the reason slimming world works compared to vlcd, is the fact that sw breaks your unhealthy relationships with food and then builds it in a positive way, when i used to do slimming world i would naturally pick healthy things to snack on instead of junk.

Also i love the fact that virtually any meal can be made sw friendly, just show you what junk goes into our food!!

I know this isn't completely about the start of the topic but reading through I can see how passionate everyone is about SW. It makes me so pleased to see others succeed on a plan that takes a while, I think some are interested in VLCDs because they can see the effects immediately and know it works but at the end of the day is it really worth the side effects.

Just wanted to say despite not knowing any of you on a really personal level I'm proud of my fellow SWers! You guys realising what you're doing is for the long term is helping me succeed.

Cheers :D

they should be jealous of us.

we r eating real food and losing weight
we enjoy our diet
we won't have saggy skin cause we r doing it slow
our weight is gonna be gone forever
we can live a normal life
we r healthy
our pockets have more pennies in

i could go on and on
be glad hun cause u have chose the right way sure it would be lovely to see massive weightlosses but at what cost what would be the point in being slim if u didn't look beautiful cause u had drained your body of all its nutrience.

I know what you mean!! I always think in the back of my head oh wow if only I could but.....i did do the Cambridge and it was hell for me!!! I felt awful and I lost 6 lbs in my first week and with slimming world I lost 5.5lbs in my first week!!! and I eat tones!! so that doesn't make any sense really does it...... x

I agree with a lot of the posters regarding the long term - meal replacements do not help you learn to change your eating pattern at all.

I also think they are a really bad example to set if you have children.

Focus on how well you have done, you are losing weight and even if it is slower than you would like, you ARE getting there.

i can see the appeal of these sort of diets, but they actually kind of scare me! - granted it has crossed my mind in the past, even when my losses may have slowed down on sw and i was having a wobbely week... but my mind always see's sence..

i think its common sence that you'd see bigger losses faster on these sorts of diets, but i think when your already making a change for life (via sw) in eating healthy, being able to go out and enjoy life at the same time with the flexibility is what i love most about sw.. if you want those fast results through meal replacements i think it would be a million times harder avoiding meals out or drinking your shake whilst everyone else tucks into their bbq feasts.. whilst you get a headache from lack of food...

the only way you'd know for sure is to just do it, but even looking at the food diarys of other eating plans this forum covers, it makes me greatful to have slimmingworld! honestly.. i couldnt cope.. well i wouldnt.. id still be fat, thats for sure.. or super skinny and unhappy, mentally. x

i don't feel jealous one bit! the thought of not having a single bit of solid food for 3 months terrifies me!!! lol :fear:

Back