Jealous

I think my problem with porridge is that I buy the microwave sachets, and obviously they're not low GI/GL. I've stopped having breakfast now anyway, but I did used to have porridge a lot. xx

TracyGWill said:
I think my problem with porridge is that I buy the microwave sachets, and obviously they're not low GI/GL. I've stopped having breakfast now anyway, but I did used to have porridge a lot. xx

AAAHhh iv never done those .,!!
Why ding you eat brekkie ..?? It's the most important meal of the day :)
When I'm on early shift I have two lol .. At 6 before work then whenever I have my break :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know it's not generally recommended, but it really works for me - I don't eat until around mid-day, and I have my evening meal at 9pm. I don't get hungry in the mornings really, not eating doesn't bother me, I just have lots of hot drinks. I suppose it's just a pattern I've fallen into now, but having lost over 7 stone so far I don't want to change it, lol. xx

When I'm on early shift I have two lol .. At 6 before work then whenever I have my break :-D
[/QUOTE]

Lol. I do that on earlies too.
Toast and honey at 4am eaten as I'm walking to the station then around 7am i have oats, berries and yoghurt.

Ooh I have to say I love my porridge (with skimmed milk, homemade fruit compote, cinnamon and usually a cheeky spoon of peanut butter!) and find it really does keep me going.

Love eggs too though, but they're more a weekend treat.

If you're looking for an easier but filling breakfast, I used to drink protein shakes (whey protein) made up with milk, when I was low-carbing years ago and they were really filling. You can get some really nice flavours now (like choc-mint, so good!) and you can add other things to it. I'm going to be working again soon (once I find a job...!) and I reckon I'll be back to these for breakfast as I won't have time to make porridge once I'm dropping my little lady to crèche. Plus, I feel like a professional body builder drinking out of my shaker, ha ha!!

Do you have any recommendations for the shake brands? and how many calories does a breakfast shake usually have?

I am awful at eating breakfast. I feel queasy first thing, so anything before getting on the tube is a no-go and once I get to work I usually just get cracking and have a cup of tea or two. I think I would feel a bit awkward drinking one at my desk so would have to try and force it down before leaving home.

Do you have any recommendations for the shake brands? and how many calories does a breakfast shake usually have?

I am awful at eating breakfast. I feel queasy first thing, so anything before getting on the tube is a no-go and once I get to work I usually just get cracking and have a cup of tea or two. I think I would feel a bit awkward drinking one at my desk so would have to try and force it down before leaving home.

I used to use PhD Pharma Whey and found it great. It can seem expensive but lasts a long time. I do remember buying a small box of samples from a Sports Nutrition shop. (They're everywhere over here, the young rugby players keep them in business I think!) They came individually packaged and there was a range I flavours. That might be the best option for someone starting out rather than money down the drain on a big pack if you don't like it! Can't remember calorie count exactly as I was low carbing and didn't care about cals, but I think the powder i used was approx 95cals per scoop (I used 1-2 scoops) plus the milk obviously.

I'm no expert on protein shakes though! Just think I'll give it a go when I'm eating again and in a hurry! Some people just aren't breakfast people, like you! X

Well as its pay day-- I've ordered some from amazon and a shaker! I think it will be good to have around, and if I don't get on with it I am sure my bf will have it after football or his cycle home from work!

I had been getting really sore muscles after my runs so hopefully it will help with muscle repair as well :)

Well as its pay day-- I've ordered some from amazon and a shaker! I think it will be good to have around, and if I don't get on with it I am sure my bf will have it after football or his cycle home from work!

I had been getting really sore muscles after my runs so hopefully it will help with muscle repair as well :)

Brilliant! Let me know how you get on! What flavour did you order? X

I have some strawberry and chocolate ..!!

How much milk do you use ..??? I use to use it but have stopped ..!! Think I need to again ..!! I usually use 200mls milk with one scoop.. But that doesn't much ..???

I'm a brekkie eater but I could go back to eating as a morning snack x

I got belgium choc- I nearly went for the choc mint but this was the cheapest :)

I got belgium choc- I nearly went for the choc mint but this was the cheapest :)

Yum! I'm thinking of buying some PB2 on amazon- it's powdered peanut butter! Much lower cals and thought it would be handy to add to shakes, porridge etc. It's American though so expensive. Still, better than buying junk food and takeaways I suppose!

I have some strawberry and chocolate ..!!

How much milk do you use ..??? I use to use it but have stopped ..!! Think I need to again ..!! I usually use 200mls milk with one scoop.. But that doesn't much ..???

It's been a while but think it was 200ml milk plus a scoop of powder. Because it's been so long, I hope it's as filling as I remember! Ha- wait for it- my stomach will be growling within an hour!! 200ml doesn't actually sound like much does it?

Back