Jegs diaries - taking control for good this time!

Jeg57

I've been up and down this dieting road for years and now I have to get it right as my health is suffering. I'm a comfort eater and when my health is down and i'm in pain or down I eat - I don't particularly enjoy it but I crave the carb junk and thats not good!

I really want to be in control of the food I put in my mouth - not the food controlling me as it really tries to!
So here are my food diaries from now on... Feel free to coment so I stay on the right road to slimdom, all help needed!

Saturday, 30th April 2011

Breakfast -
Branflakes (B)
+ grapes eaten as snack

Lunch -
ham
mixed salad
cous cous salad
potato salad(with f. frais & e.l Mayo) 1syn
+ fruit salad with toffee mullerlight dip

snack -
banana + mango

Dinner -
lamb balti (3)
potato, chick pea & spinach jalfrezi (2)
rice
3 popadoms (6)
mint yogurt
+ rice pudding

+ Skimmed milk (A)

SUNDAY 1st May 2011

BREAKFAST
Oatcakes (HEB) - see recipe below
yogurt
raspberries

LUNCH
Ham
salads - mixed, beetroot
Savoury rice
+ mullerlight yogurt & banana

DINNER
Pork shank - cooked in spices & vegs
Roast potatoes, B/nut squash, onion
carrots, broccoli
+ fromage frais
options white choc (2)
strawberries

SNACKS
Fruits
Ice cream cornet '99' (12 syns - Lordy! - an impulse buy!)

+ Skimmed milk (HEA)

Last edited:
Heres the oat cake recipe I used from Kibou for my breakfast today, really really nice. We had them with yogurt and raspberries. Very filling too.

I made it with my HEB porridge oats, mixed with a good dollop of fromage frais and a little skimmed milk to make it very sloppy. Then I left it as kibou recommended for 15 minutes before adding 2 beaten eggs, vanilla essence and some sweetener (very sweet tooth!) (No flour) Then I ladled it a portion at a time into my small pan and cooked it - and they were divine!

Hi Jeg, Well it's a good start after a couple of starts already!?! Hope you will manage to keep things going for a while - altho' looking at past posts it is quite an on/off affair, is it not?
Do you think perhaps you are trying to be too strict with yourself and then find when a blip occurs you label yourself a failure and tend to give up?
Better to have a more lenient approach and accept that there will be off times and you have had a "treat" and then get back to it a.s.a.p.

I wish you all the very best in your attempt and do hope you succeed this time ..... :)

Your quite right Emmaline! I am okay while life is on an even keel - but when life throws stresses at me (I'm a carer and have ill health too) I fall off the wagon and desperately want to comfort eat. I'm hoping that by using SW minimins I can keep up this time!

Monday, 2nd May - RED day

Breakfast
Bacon sandwich (HEB) + l/s sauce (1/2syn)
apple

Snack -
Banana
Melon

Lunch -
Chicken & various salads
extra low mayo (1)
Banana & toffee muller light

Dinner -
Pork
Spicy roast potatoes (HEB)
broccoli
carrots
+ strawberries
fromage frais & white choc options (2 syns)

Snack -
grapes

+ skimmed milk (2 x HEA)

So far so good - few hitches in the smooth running of life but I still feel pretty well in control of food and not the other way round!

Tuesday, 3rd May 2011

Breakfast -
Branflakes

Lunch -
(Split into 2 as bit of an emergency cropped up!)
banana + mullerlight yogurt
Chicken on whole meal bread
Clover light (5)

Dinner -
Chicken in a spicy tomato, vegs & chickpea sauce
Broccoli
Baby corn
Fine beans
+
fromage frais
options white choc
strawberries