jelly mousse

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
I was told there was a recipe for a mousse in the magazine that was made with sugar free jelly mixed with fromage frais (i think!!) does anyone know how to make it and how many syns it is?? cheers :)

Can't find my mag to check but i have made mouse with jelly and muller lights before.

make up jelly as normal and put in fridge to set.

when starting to set (don't let it set fully has to be mushy)whisk with muller light yogs (think i used to use two) pour back into mould and allow to set fully.

only two syns for the whole thing i make mine in muller pots easier to grab and enjoy

haven't made it for a long time but quite fancy it now

Iced Strawberry Mousse with chocolate drizzle
Serves 4
3 syns per portion

14oz/397g strawberries hulled
1 tbsp of artificial sweetener
8oz/227g Quark
2 large egg whites
1oz/28g dark chocolate
4 tbsp of fat free natural fromage frais

Blitz the strawberies, sweetner and quark in a food processor until smooth and pour into a large bowl.
Whisk the egg whites until they form fairly stiff peaks.
Add the egg whites to the strawberry mixture and fold through thoroughly.
Pour the mixture into four dessert glasses and place in freezer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until lightly frozen.
When ready to serve, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds.
Top each mousse with 1 tbsp of fromage frais and drizzle the chocolate over.

I was thinking if you do not add the chocolate this is a total free strawberry mousse. I have not tried this but does look yummy its on the last page of the July 2010 SW magazine.

Let me know how it goes.

Back