jelly mousse

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
I was told there was a recipe for a mousse in the magazine that was made with sugar free jelly mixed with fromage frais (i think!!) does anyone know how to make it and how many syns it is?? cheers :)

the one i was told about definately had jelly in it hmmmm. Thanks anyway.

I did a search and found this:

Strawberry Mousse

Make up one sachet of the Hartleys sugar-free crystals in 1/2 pint boiling water, leave in the fridge to the point where it just begins to start setting.

Whisk the jelly with 150g of natural yogurt until the mixture doubles in quantity.

Pour in glasses/pots and leave to set.

You could also crush fruit into this too. It takes minutes to set and it really is refreshing to eat and a nice change to yogurts.

Somebody else had added sweetener and 3 whipped egg whites to make the texture more like a mousse

Sian xx

Lemon & Lime Mousse

150grm tub 0% Greek Yogurt

Pkt of sugar free lime jelly
2 teaspoons artificial sweetener
2 egg whites
Juice & Zest of 1 lemon

Use 50ml hot water to dissolve the jelly mix, cool Mix in with yogurt,sweetener, lemon juice & zest. Whisk the egg whites add it all together, folding.
Pour into dishes and leave in fridge to set !!

There's a few mousse recipes! xxx

Fluffy Chocolate Mousse
SERVES [FONT=&quot]6[/FONT]

SYNS PER SERVING 1

INGREDIENTS:

1 sachet gelatine
511g/1lb 2oz very low fat natural fromage frais
3 sachets Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate drink
4 level tbsp artificial sweetener
2 egg whites*

METHOD

Sprinkle the gelatine into a bowl containing 100ml/3½fl oz of very hot water and stir well until dissolved. Place the fromage frais in a large bowl and add the hot chocolate drink, mix well until dissolved. Mix in the cooled gelatine. Whisk the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks, and then fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into dishes and chill well until set.

oooh Dudette - whats the iced strawberry n choccie drizzle one please?? Sounds divine!

Iced strawberry mousse with chocolate drizzle

Serves 4

14oz/397g strawberries, hulled
1 tbsp artificial sweetener
8oz/22g Quark
2 large egg whites
1oz/28g plain chocolate, broken into chunks
4 tbsp fat-free fromage frais

Method:

Blitz the strawberries, sweetener and quark in a food processor until smooth and pour into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form fairly stiff peaks. Add the egg whites to the strawberry mixture and fold through thoroughly. Pour the mixture into four dessert glasses and place in the freezer for 1.5-2 hours until lightly frozen. When ready to serve, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds. Top each mousse with 1 tbsp fromage frais, drizzle over the chocolate and serve.

3 syns per serving on all plans

Sian xxx

you can use any sf jelly(or make your own one free) allow to cool,add vlf fromage frais/yoghurt(plain or flavoured) or quark. Whizz and cool until set.

Sian, how many syns is the lemon and lime mousse.

Thanks Nikki

I make milk jelly.

Make up 1/2 pint of SF jelly & allow to set. Then put in a bowl with 1/2 pint of skimmed milk & wish up with an electric whisk.

Then allow to set in the fridge. it's lovely & creamy. not like a mousse though, but mega easy to make.

I'm going to try those mousses, they sound lovely.

xxx

I make this but with a muller light yoghurt, the orange jelly crystals with manderin yoghurt are lovely and one lot makes enough for 3 desserts for me which means only 1/2 syn each!

Raspberry jelly with cranberry and raspberry Mullerlight.

Or strawberry jelly with rhubarb Mullerlight.

I just make up the jelly in a measuring jug with half a pint of boiling water, let it cool down, but not set, and stir in the tub of yogurt until evenly mixed, then top it up to the pint mark with a little more cold water if necessary.

I don't usually bother with the whisking bit, but you can if you want to.

Strawberry Mousse

I was told there was a recipe for a mousse in the magazine that was made with sugar free jelly mixed with fromage frais (i think!!) does anyone know how to make it and how many syns it is?? cheers :)

Hi- there is a recipe on SW site which i have made and love love love

Strawberry Mousse 1.5 syns per serving. Serves 4

Ingredients:
7oz Strawberries
7oz Fat Free fromage fraise
1 sachet sugar free strawberry jelly

Directions:

1. Make up the jelly to 200ml (not to 1pt as normal.I did this wrong the first time I made it :eek:). Allow to cool.
  2. Blend the strawberries
  3. Add the fromage frais and blend until mixed.
  4. Add the cooled jelly. Give a quick blend to mix
  5. Put in fridge to set.
  6. Done!
I serve it with more fresh strawberries and a squirt of Anchor Light aerosol cream which is 1syns for 12.5g, which is plenty, making it 2.5syns per serving overall :)

I make mine with whichever flavour of jelly(blackcurrant this evening), made up to pint with boiling water, let it cool till nearly set.

Then add natural yogurt or quark, to top it up to a pint. I always whisk it, as that gives it a lovely, bubbly texture.

1.5 syns for the whole recipe.

Hi

I have been making one the last week. Not sure where I got the recipe from

3 egg whites
hartleys sugar free strawberry jelly
1 pot of strawberry muller light
Artifical sweetner

Whisk egg whites till stiff, add sweetner
add in yoghurt
Make jelly with half the stated water, allow jelly to slightly cool and add in
Chill in the fridge

I serve with a broken up frozen curly wurly