Jelly Sweets the SW way

I made these a while ago and was a bit disappointed. I used gelatine sheets, so don't know if maybe that was the problem, as they're apparently not as strong as the powdered stuff. I want to give them another try, but wanted to check what the final consistency is supposed to be like. Do they go chewy, or are they just like really, really firm jelly?

I was a bit disappointed in these, thought they'd be harder than it actually was.

I made them yesterday- a blackcurrant one. Quickly cut a bit this morning. It tasted like a raw jelly cube - is this how everyone elses tasted like??

Cheers kx

Hi, mine tastes like a raw jelly cube so yes that should be the right taste!

I have been making mine up to half pint and then using a sachet of the Dr Oetker gelatine powder. They come out like firm jelly.
I have made another sachet up tonight but have used 2 sachets of gelatine this time,I will post again to say if they are any firmer but am guessing they will be the same.
I like them though, they help my sweet tooth

I used 2 sachets of the DrOetker gelatine. Just like jelly cubes. I must say they were rather moreish. The kids loved them. Have tried a new batch using sugar free lemonade and the orange jelly.

Kx

Just had a thought- would they taste like Gummy Bears (the milky jelly sweets) if quark was added?????

Kx

Kwise1 said:
I used 2 sachets of the DrOetker gelatine. Just like jelly cubes. I must say they were rather moreish. The kids loved them. Have tried a new batch using sugar free lemonade and the orange jelly.

Kx

Fizzy ones worked- and set very very quickly - fantastic- thankyou for the recipe

Kx

tara40 said:
ooh diet lemonade will try that one.

I don't know where the fizz went though!! Might try some with from frais or quark

Added yogurt this time about 1/4 pt- gorgeous!! It separated slightly so base jelly and uppermost creamy jelly.

Kx

Hi I like the idea of mixing it with yoghurt, might give that a go. I have some frozen berries in the freezer, might try adding them too although might be difficult to cut into sweets!!

Back