Jennie's Journey, but mostly ranting...

Friday's Food Diary Red Day

Breakfast - A banana....I was up late!

Lunch - Tuna, tom, lettuce, cheese hea with French dressing, black pepper and oregano. Mug of coffee - milk hea

Dinner - SW bolognaise with Savoy cabbage! Ingredients - tinned toms, tom puree, less than 5% mince beef, onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms and bovril stock.
Yummy scrummy fill my tummy. Definately don't feel as bloated having the cabbage instead of the spaghetti!

Syns: Purple snack 6

More syns: Bag of Lidl crisps that I think are 5.5. heb 2 hifi bars

1/2 a pineapple.

Shattered and away to bed soon. I walked the legs off myself and the dog. Hope I sleep well tonight...

Saturday Food Diary

Breakfast - 2 weetabix heb, with skimmed milk hea and strawberries, raspberries

Lunch - Bolognaise from last night with a slice of wholemeal bread heb

Dinner - That bolognaise was so nice I made it again tonight!! I had it with steamed/mashed swede. So good on these cold evenings.

Syns - meringue nest tesco finest 2 1/2 syns (aparently!), rocky road SW bar 3 syns. Highlights hot chocolate 2 syns.

Snack - Mullerlight, strawberries, pineapple, raspberries and grapes.

Last edited:
Sunday's Food Diary

Breakfast - Poached egg, 2 rashers, 150g baked beans heb, mushrooms and tomatoes cooked in soy sauce and seasoned with pepper..so tasty! Mug of coffee with skimmed milk Hea.

Lunch - Had such a substantial breakfast I didn't have one. Went shopping with my sister who wanted to go for a coffee and bun. I dodged the cakes and got a big chunky chocolate chip cookie which I reckon had 13.5 syns...when I worked it out from the package. I said feck it. Totally not worth it! It was dry and slightly on the turn!!!

Dinner - I made Irish Stew for the first time ever and it was delicious. The ingredients were beef for stewing, carrots, onion, celery, swede and spuds. I had a quarter of a spud for a heb. It serves four and I had one portion. I had to use 2 tbsps of flour so I reckon with my portion I had 1 syn. I used a slow cooker. I can not recommend getting one of these enough.

Syns: 13.5 for cookie, 1 syn for flour.

Monday's Food Diary - Red Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix heb with skimmed milk hea, strawberries, raspberries and grapes. Mug of Jo

Lunch - 6 Slender Choice syn-free sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Dinner - I'll be having roasted chicken legs (skin removed). I made the rib sauce from the SW little book of sauces which will accompany the legs. Don't know what veg to have with it though...

Last edited:
Ended up steaming carrots, sprouts and frozen peas. Dinner was very tasty :) Hifi bar afterwards Heb.

Just had a bowl of strawberries, pineapple, raspberries and grapes, topped with an orange Mullerlight.

Syns: Enjoying a mug of Highlights hot choc 2 syns with a curly wurly 6 syns.

I've been doing the Red days since Thursday and I feel a lot more energetic and not as bloated as I used to be. Glad I've made the change. I might have the odd green day as I love my spuds and there's a few Vegetarian hot pots I like that have beans and pulses in. I weigh in on Wednesday and I wanted to do a full Red week so after I see what the scales say I might do a Green day on Thursday. It's nice to mix it up.

I haven't been sleeping well these days so I hope tonight I get some quality sleep. I've been walking Ruby every day bar yesterday for the last week. We're normally out for about an hour and I feel a lot fitter.

I tried on a pair of walking trousers I bought last year, which were tight on me when I bought them (thinking I'd shrink to fit in them) and the fit me perfectly. It was a great boost for me. :happy036:

Tuesday's Food Diary - Red Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix heb, skimmed milk hea, grapes, raspberries, strawberries and a mug of coffee.

Lunch - Steamed darn of salmon with lemon, pepper and paprika. Lettuce, tom, scallion and beetroot salad. Fat free french dressing and 2 tbsp of lighter than light Aldi mayo - 1 syn.

Dinner - More steamed salmon, carrots and garden peas. Apple and pear.

Snacks - Mullerlight, melon and grapes.

Syns - Mayo 1 syn. 4 sour jelly snakes 3 syns.

More Tuesday food...I felt peckish this evening and ended up frying the other 6 of my slender choice sausages and wrapped them in lettuce. They're very tasty. Had a hot chocolate 2 syns and 2 mini babybel hea and a high-fi bar heb

Pigging out has never been this controlled!!

So a total of 10 syns today.

Wednesday Food Diary - Red Day

Breakfast - slice of toast Heb with a banana, strawberries and grapes. Half a mug of coffee Hea

Brunch - Poached egg, mushrooms, tomato. Tea Hea

Lunch - Bowl of SW Roasted Med Veg soup

Dinner - Steamed cabbage, broccoli and sauted onions with Syn Free Slender Choice sausages.

Snack - Melon, grapes, strawberries with Mullerlight. High Fi bar heb.

I'm feeling a lot slimmer in myself and yet only a lb off this week. Fibromyalgia wise I feel a lot better this week so I think I'm going to stick with Red days. I think I'm going to boost my veg intake. Tomorrow I've promised myself a green day so I'll be having baked beans and fried spuds etc...I think I'm getting my period so that never helps things.

I just realised I've had no syns today hmmm lets see what's in Mammy's cupboard - I'm not in my own house tonight so I'm not sure what's to be had....

Syns: 2 slices of white bread toast 8syns, benecol spread tbsp - 4 syns.

Last edited:
Thursday's Food Diary - Red Day

Breakfast - Apple, melon, strawberries. Coffee with milk Hea

Lunch - SW Roasted Med Veg soup. Apple, mandrins.

Dinner - Indian take away Rogan Josh 6 1/2 syns, Pilau Rice 14 syns....I thought the rice was only 7 syns but it's actually 14 syns. Sometimes we get things wrong...oops!

Heb - Hifi bar.
Hea - 2 babybels

Over did it a bit on the syns at dinner but I'm not going to beat myself up about it as it was a long day and I was hungry....and it was part of my dinner, not between meals. That's me convinced now :)

Was out with Ruby for around 40 minutes for a walk. Felt good today but getting a little tired now zzzz

Thursday's Food Diary - Red Day

Breakfast - Apple, melon, strawberries. Coffee with milk Hea

Lunch - SW Roasted Med Veg soup. Apple, mandrins.

Dinner - Indian take away Rogan Josh 6 1/2 syns, Pilau Rice 14 syns....I thought the rice was only 7 syns but it's actually 14 syns. Sometimes we get things wrong...oops!

Heb - Hifi bar.
Hea - 2 babybels

Over did it a bit on the syns at dinner but I'm not going to beat myself up about it as it was a long day and I was hungry....and it was part of my dinner, not between meals. That's me convinced now :)

Was out with Ruby for around 40 minutes for a walk. Felt good today but getting a little tired now zzzz

From the advice of another wonderful Miniminer Estrella - she's adviced me to turn my Red day into an Extra Easy day so my syns come up to 15 syns instead of 20.5...hopefully I've gotten away with it :ashamed0005:

Friday Food Diary - Green Day

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix Heb, skimmed milk Hea, apple, pear and mandrins.

Lunch - SW Roasted Med Veg. Cup of tea, purple snack 6 syns.

Dinner - Spud, chickpeas, kidney beans, carrots, celery, leeks, tinned toms, onions and garlic hotpot.

Snacks - Mullerlight with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes. Apple, pear.

Syns - Purple Snack 6 syns.

Saturday's food diary - Red day

Breakfast - Weetabix x 2 heb, skimmed milk hea, fruit (can't remember what though..)

Lunch - Banana, mandrin...

Dinner - Poached egg, mushrooms, toms, 2 lean rashers, 150g baked beans heb. 2 babybels hea.

Syns: Aldi hot choc 2 syns.

Sunday's Food Diary - Red day

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix heb, skimmed milk hea, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and grapes.

Lunch - Lettuce, toms, cucumber, tuna, beetroot, scallion, french dressing fat free, 2 mini babybel hea

Dinner - Spaghetti bolognaise 35g wholemeal spaghetti heb - carrots, celery, lean mince, tin chopped toms, tom puree, onion, pepper, mushrooms.

Syns - Sirius bar 6 syns. 4 jelly snakes 3 syns. Aldi hot choc 2 syns. 11 syns in total.

Monday's food diary - Red Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix heb, skimmed milk hea with strawberries, grapes, blueberries.

Lunch - steamed salmon, lettuce, cucumber, toms, green pepper, scallion, beetroot, fat free french dressing, oregano, black pepper and lemon juice.

Dinner - Finished off the SW spaghetti bolognaise from last night. Wholemeal spaghetti 35g heb.

Snacks - Melon, pear, plum, strawberry.

Syn - 1 1/2 Mullerlight Dark cherry.

Tuesdays food diary
Breakfast - 2 weetabix heb, skimmed milk hea, strawberries, raspberries, grapes

Lunch - steamed salmon, lettuce, toms, cucumber, green pepper, fat free French dressing, lemon juice and oregano.

Dinner - SW chicken chow mein with carrot, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic, fresh ginger, chilli, soy sauce and Amoy medium noodles 2 1/2 syns.

Syns -noodles 2 1/2 syns, Aldi chunky choc bar 6 syns. 2 syns for Aldi hot choc.

Last edited:
Wednesday Food Diary - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Slice of toast, grapes.

Lunch - Bowl of SW veg soup - Potato, leek, carrot, onion, celery.

Dinner - Slender Choice Syn Free Sausages, beans, mushrooms, toms, SW chips.

Heb - Hifi bar. Hea skimmed milk in tea.

Snacks - mullerlight, plums, grapes, mandrin. Hifi Bar.

Syns: 3 syns Benecol spread, 4 syns, one slice of Brennan's wholegrain bread, 2 syns for Aldi hot mint choc. 6 syns hifi bar.

Thursday Food Diary - Not sure what plan I'm on today...I'm hoping to get away with a Green one but if not EE!!

Breakfast - 3 slender choice sausages, slice of Brennan's grain loaf 800g heb, Benecol 1 1/2 syns for a tsp. Mug of coffee and grapes. Slimline milk in tea hea

Lunch - Bowl of SW veg soup I made yesterday. Apple and a few plums and a Mullerlight and a hifi bar Heb

Dinner - Omelette, made with toms, onion, mushrooms and eggs.

So syns are - 3 sausages at 1 1/2 syn each on green - 4 1/2 total. Benecol 1 1/2 for tsp. So 6 syns so far...

Back