Jennie's Journey, but mostly ranting...

More syns....made my Mam 2 toasted cheese slices and she only wanted one so I ate the other one. Using the cheese as my second Hea and 4 syns for the slice of bread and I had another hifi bar 5 1/2 syns. That's a total of 15 1/2...that's the first time in ages that I've gone over the max syns. I won't get too annoyed about it though! :)

Friday Food Diary - EE

Breakfast - Mullerlight, fruit.

Lunch - SW soup

Dinner - Lean mince, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, potato, pepper stew.

Snacks - Hifi Bar heb, skimmed milk hea in tea. Melon, mandrins, grapes, plums and apples.

Syns: 25g of Pringles.

Saturday Food Diary - EE

Breakfast - one slice of wholemeal bread heb with 2 soft boiled eggs. Grapes. Tea with skimmed milk Hea

Lunch - Snacking on fruit..

Dinner - Pork, onion, carrot, pepper, ginger, chilli chow mein with rice..

Snack - Melon, mullerlight, mandrins, grapes.

Syns - 9 syns for 2 chocolate digestives.

Sunday Food Diary - EE day

Breakfast - Mandrin, plum, banana, hifi bar heb and mullerlight. Mug of Coffee with skimmed milk Hea.

Lunch - Potato wedges and tomatoes.

Snack - 1 Slice of wholemeal bread 4 syns with Bacon. Apple

Dinner - More potato wedges, baked beans and slender choice sausages...no superfree!

Syns - 2 for hot choc and 4 syns for the bread

Last edited:
No diary for the last 2 days...I'll try and remember...

Monday - EE

Breakfast - 2 weetabix heb and skimmed milk hea. Wee orange and mug of coffee.

Lunch -

Dinner - SW spaghetti bolognaise with brown spaghetti.

Syns: 2 gingernut biscuits

Snacks: Mullerlight with fruit and the biccies :)

Tuesday's Food Diary

Breakfast - 2 weetabix Heb. Pear, mandrin and skimmed milk Hea.

Lunch - None really

Dinner - Chicken Breast, spinach, beetroot, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, tomatoes, red onion.

Syns: Jacobs elite 5 syns. Mince pie...I made them so God knows how many syns are in them!!

Snack: Mullerlight, kiwi, pear, apple and mandrin.

Wednesday food diary - EE

Breakfast - A banana!

Lunch - 2 slices of whole meal bread - one as a heb and syn the other with the rest of the spaghetti bolognaise I made the other day. An apple and a mug of coffee hea

Dinner - Chicken chow mein. Peppers, onion, mushroom, carrot, noodles and garlic. Very tasty.

Syns: I had that slice of bread which was 4 syns, a hifi bar at the weigh-in meeting 6 syns, 1/2 syn for a SW feraro roche.

Well, well, well I haven't kept my diary in over a week. We've had Christmas and I've had too many goodies over the last week. I didn't keep a record of anything I synned.

I made a load of mince pies and peanut butter cookies during the week to give as presents and was very good and only had one or two but then on Christmas day I couldn't keep my hands off the cookies. Christmas eve was all about the cheeses. We bought Port Salut, Stilton, Cheddar and Brie...and I had them with grapes, apples, crandberry sauce and Ballymaloe relish. I felt stuffed afterwards. The dinner part of the day was ok SW wise but then the cheeses and chocolates came later.
St Stephen's Day wasn't too bad although I had crisps, cheeses and a Cadbury snack bar. The best thing about Christmas is the Turkey salads - which thank God are fairly healthy.

So today's food was:

Breakfast: A banana and mug of coffee with skimmed milk HEA and a pear.

Lunch: Picking at the ham and turkey with grapes and a wee orange.

Dinner: My lovely hubby made a spread of sliced turkey and ham with chopped pepper, lettuce, celery, beetroot, gherkin, pickled onion, scallion and tomato. I had 4 Rivita HEB originals with quark as a spread. All very tasty and with the satisfaction it's all free or superfree :)

We went for a walk with the dog this afternoon after my weigh in. Nice to stretch the legs. My nose has been running all day so I think I'm in for a cold. I gained 3.5 lb this week. I'm not going to feel upset about it because I'm now back in the SW zone so hopefully it'll be back off in a couple of weeks.

New Year's Eve is my next hurdle...we're going to a dinner ball with friends and the danger is drinking too much. I'm off now for some hot chocolate :)

So today was a red day and that means double healthy extras. I didn't have my hot choc yet so I'm going to have that with 2 alpen light bars Heb.

So 2 syns for today.

Friday's Food Diary - Red Day

Breakfast - Mullerlight, banana, pear, wee orange. 2 Alpen light bars HEB

Lunch - Didn't really have any as I was up late

Dinner - More turkey and ham (last day of it!) 4 ryvitas HEB, quark, tomatoes, lettuce, beetroot, scallion. Wee oranges, pear and a mullerlight.

Now a lempsip...

Syns: 2 for hot choc

Last edited:
Saturday Food - Green day

Breakfast - Apple, pear, wee oranges, mullerlight and mug of coffee Hea

Lunch/Dinner - Fried egg, baked beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. 2 slices of wholemeal HEB. Tea. Apple and wee orange.

jshort said:
Saturday Food - Green day

Breakfast - Apple, pear, wee oranges, mullerlight and mug of coffee Hea

Lunch/Dinner - Fried egg, baked beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. 2 slices of wholemeal HEB. Tea. Apple and wee orange.

Blimey, that's not much for a full day, aren't you hungry? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Blimey, that's not much for a full day, aren't you hungry? X

Fear not Hells!! I only got up at 12...I've had supper too :) I made a big thing of SW coleslaw (Cabbage, carrot, red onion, mustard, ff fromage frais) and a big plate of slimming world chips. 2 "Happy Cow" full fat triangles...which I'd like to use as a HEA but I don't know if I can.

I'm away now to have a hot choc...which is 2 syns.

jshort said:
Fear not Hells!! I only got up at 12...I've had supper too :) I made a big thing of SW coleslaw (Cabbage, carrot, red onion, mustard, ff fromage frais) and a big plate of slimming world chips. 2 "Happy Cow" full fat triangles...which I'd like to use as a HEA but I don't know if I can.

I'm away now to have a hot choc...which is 2 syns.

Phew! I was hungry just reading it. I love the SW coleslaw

Sure you can use the full fat laughing cow as a HEA, guessing 2-3 as the light are 5 per HEX?

The coleslaw is definately a keeper....and I did take the cheese as a Hea :)

Myself and my hubby were out on new years eve at a dinner dance. It was a five course meal and I ate everything...along with wine and champagne. My head was sore all of yesterday and I'm still a wee bit shook today.

Yesterday I had a fruit salad and tea for breakfast. Hea for the milk in the tea.

For lunch I had 2 slices of wholemeal bread toasted with spaghetti in tomato sauce. More tea.

For dinner I had a few slices of cooked ham and slimming world chips.

Then I attacked the guts of a tin of foxes biscuits with tea. I'd say the weeks worth of syns plus more were in that tin...so not a very good Slimming World day!

I weighed-in tonight and I lost 2 lb...I'm hoping to do a bit of Express Success this week and hopefully I can maintain next week!!

Ok so today I've had...with no structure in particular.

Coffee with milk hea and fruit (still not feeling great from Monday)

Dinner Chicken leg and SW chow mein. I think I have to syn the noodles...there were peppers, carrots, onions and mushrooms in it.

Snack - hifi bar Heb, mullerlight and two wee oranges.

I drank a few pints of black currant cordial and I took Ruby for a 40 + minute walk so hopefully that'll get me back on track.

I know...I was shocked too. I think it''ll be on the scales next week though.

Breakfast 2 weetabix Heb and skimmed milk Hea. Banana and wee orange. Mug of coffee.

Lunch - chicken, lettuce, beetroot, red pepper with fried mushrooms and onions. Tried to be all express success with this salad...it was tasty though. 2 wee oranges.

Dinner - I had to go out with my family for a meal tonight so I tried to not syn too much. I had an egg mayonaise salad. There was coleslaw on it as well but I didn't eat it all. I had hake (removed batter), lemon juice, broccoli, french beans..didn't eat the spud that was on my plate.

Syns: Hot choc 2 syns, mayo on lunch 1/2 syn. Coleslaw from the egg mayo I'm putting at 7.5 syns as it was probably full fat and I'm over compensating I hope and the mayo was 4 syns as it was probably full fat too! So I'm going to say 14 in total but it could be more or less....

Didn't have much in the way of liquids today...had a pint of cordial in the pub and a few cups of tea.

Last edited:
Friday's Food - Extra Easy I think

Breakfast - Banana, wee oranges and a mug of coffee. Not much but I was in a rush.

Lunch - Chicken, beetroot, red pepper, 2 boiled eggs with onions and mushrooms fried in frylite with pepper and soy sauce. A bit similar to yesterday's crazy lunch. Tasty though.

Snack - Hifi bar Heb and oranges.

Dinner - we had an Indian take away. Lamb Rogan Josh with boiled rice normally 6.5 syns but I'm going to leave it as 10 syns as I think the portion sizes are bigger than those quoted in the book.

More snacks - Mullerlight and more oranges (have to do shopping) Plate of actifry chips so 1tbsp of olive oil 6 syns (I didn't think it was going to be that high!)

Sooo 16 syns for today.

Last edited:
jshort said:
Friday's Food - Extra Easy I think

Breakfast - Banana, wee oranges and a mug of coffee. Not much but I was in a rush.

Lunch - Chicken, beetroot, red pepper, 2 boiled eggs with onions and mushrooms fried in frylite with pepper and soy sauce. A bit similar to yesterday's crazy lunch. Tasty though.

Snack - Hifi bar Heb and oranges.

Dinner - we had an Indian take away. Lamb Rogan Josh with boiled rice normally 6.5 syns but I'm going to leave it as 10 syns as I think the portion sizes are bigger than those quoted in the book.

More snacks - Mullerlight and more oranges (have to do shopping) Plate of actifry chips so 1tbsp of olive oil 6 syns (I didn't think it was going to be that high!)

Sooo 16 syns for today.

I only use a teaspoon in the actifry which is 2 syns. X

Cool Hells that's good to know. I was going to post on your diary but I can't open it anymore. My friend let me borrow his actifry to see how I liked it and I think it's great...I may buy one.

Back