Jenni's JibberJabber

Morning Jenni, sorry to hear about the little one love

Morning Di, Jim,
Thanks..it's been a rough night here. But we are back from gp and hopefully the meds will start their magic and she can finally get some sleep and start feel ing better. Chest / ear infection with very sore throat. Poor thing.
hope you both have a lovely day!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

awww i hope your little one is better soon, its awful when they are ill, and you feel so drained in yourself too......big big big well done for sticking to plan through it all :)

coffee with cream is my biggest vice right now, i 'm sure that i am drinking far too much <slaps own wrists> xxx

Well blahhh. I was completely unprepared today. I didn't have breakfast because I was rushing to GP, had nothing for lunch, I ended up scrounging around and settling for sunflower seeds. ( not induction friendly, but I guess it could've been worse ) dinner is chicken wings.
Water - nil

Napped most of the afternoon with the baby as we didn't sleep much last night.

Must get organised tonight! I don't think the seeds would have knocked me out of ketosis, ( correct me if I am wrong)
Either way, will just carry on ...tomorrow should be better. Maybe even get out for a walk...

Hey Jenni - you are right could have been far worse! Hang in there, keep the water going and hope tomorrow is better:D. Also hope lil one improves fast!
Xx

Things are getting better. Baby is feeling better, everyone is getting a little more sleep.
Yesterday wasn't that great either...same as before. Not enough veg, nibbles on sunflower seed ( good thing is they are all gone now) not enough water. I need to get back on track. It's killing me not to take a peek at the scale but I don't want to know if I've gained over the last couple days. Better just to wait and see how it goes on Monday. At least I've got a couple days to try to repair the damage I may have caused.

I just keep telling myself....
"you gave up smoking, you CAN give up sugar too" - it keeps me going anyway :)

With so much to deal with you've done really well not to stray too much! Well done... And sounds like you're on the other side now with lil 'un :)

Yes you can do it!!!
well done hanging in there and glad kiddie is recovering now:D
Xxx

We all have disappointing days and weeks, the trick is to put them behind you - don't dwell. Make peace with what is passed and kick the backside of the week ahead :)

You can do it! Sugar has no chance ;) xx

Morning Jenni, we all have phases like that love, as Doris says, put it behind you

So I weighed in this morning...I am exactly as I was last Monday. Very disappointed as I know I lost but gained back over the past few days. I really don't know why it is so hard for me to get back on track when I stray. Last week was amazing, and I was well proud of myself for doing so well. I guess the stresses of this week, being caught unprepared really threw me off. I had the best of intentions to get a handle on this but sleep as taken priority. My lil one has done a U-turn and is back to being miserable, cannot breath well when she sleeps so we don't get more than an hour uninterrupted. Needless to say I am worried, exhausted and grumpy.

And I am out of coffee.

((hugs)) - hope she improves and you get some sleep!
Xx

I hope your wee one feels better very soon. Such a worry when they are ill. I gave up smoking years back and that took effort but it was WAY easier, let tell you, than giving up sugar! Sugar/carbs/goodies are my real 'drugs of choice' lol.

Put the slips behind you and just keep going x

Morning Jenni, it's hard when you have little ones love

Hello everyone
It's been about a week since I've logged on. Things have been hectic, busy, stressful on the home front. Lil one is doing a bit better now, although we are concerned that she may have asthma. DH just got news that he may lose his job at the end of the month....it's actually been more than stressful and hectic, it's been a CRAP week!
I am up just over 1 lb. Not too bad, but I am not in ketosis. While I have been watching what I eat, I have not been true to induction. I feel icky, bloated, tired. I think it may be from going back to eating as I was before. (much less, but still the same type of food)

My plan is to carry on with what I am doing at the moment. Just get through this week. (dr's appts. DD 1st birthday, confirmation about DHs job)
Just trying to keep it together really...

I've lost focus, but I still think that Atkins is right for me. I want to give it 100%

I'm a bit torn really....life doesn't need to be perfect to follow a healthy diet, but on the other hand, following Atkins takes a bit of effort (shopping, cooking, planning).

I am going to stop here....I am feeling really down about this.

You are having a rough time of it, really hope that things improve for you soon. I know what you mean about the shopping, even after a week off there is nothing much in our house proper to atkins with and it makes it that much harder. Good luck with everything xxx

Hope it all gets sorted
Xx

Back