Jenny Craig!

Fuffa

Hi All.

Jenny Craig has launched in the UK 3 weeks ago and I'm thinking of giving it a shot instead of CC. Has anyone tried it? Or know anyone who has?

Cheers.

I was looking into it and phoned today. But at £277 a month or £155 for a 2 week trial it seems expensive compared to similar diets (especially because you have to buy additional fruit, veg and dairy). I mean diet chef you can get 5 weeks for £210. If you then add in a Weightwatchers subscription then you have got the support too (that's what I did when I tried it out last year) - I find being accountable to a third party each week is good to keep you on the straight and narrow
I believe golower is cheaper now too as well as weight to go.

It may be worth it but I was hoping with their big plans to take over the market and give weightwatchers a run for their money (not to mention being owned by Nestle) they would have very competitive pricing (especially as they have only just launched).

Sounded good though if you can afford it. I'd go for it myself if it was closer to the £200 a month mark.

What are they providing for all that money if you have to buy fruit and veg and dairy? I'd steer well clear of a nestle owned company!

Well they say you get your own personal coach that calls you once a week for 15 minutes to give you support. But it doesn't sound like anything different to what other similar companies offer. But I guess its hard to say without trying. It may be wonderful.

They should do the first month (or a week) at a great discount to let people try as I can't see them taking over the market at the current pricing.

yeah, that'd be a much better idea, it does seem pretty pricey!

I'm on Jenny Craig at the moment but I'm based in Oz were it started so its slightly different here. I actually go into a dient centre for my consultation and pick up the food. It can seem expensive and but actually you don't have to eat JC meal replacements for every meal as long as you feel confident that you can control your portion sizes if you do it yourself. I'm not there yet. Pricewise it compares to Lighter Life and you get "real" food.

This isn't actually new
Jenny Craig was around in the Uk in the early 80's
you had to go and get weighed at one of there centers and then you'd buy your meal packets for 2 weeks before returning to see the consultant again.
I can't remember what happened but I don't think they were very successful then

Back