Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men. They’re even worse than Doctors receptionists.

Amen to that.

Ours are pretty good - you just say when you want an appointment and who you want to see and they tell you, then text you the appointment details. It's not as good as my last doctors surgery when I was more or less mates with my doctor; my new one doesn't really know my medical history (despite having it in front of him) so it's harder to get a proper diagnosis.

I hope you're feeling a bit better xxx

Hahahaha no for once, NOT Meningitis!!!!

Just a quick update on the docs, I'll read posts later.
She's given me cream for an infection that has been triggered by the allergic reaction to the goats cheese incident...
And suggests that I could be intolerant to carbs.... She suggests the Atkins to me.... :|

F**k me...

And suggests that I could be intolerant to carbs.... She suggests the Atkins to me.... :|

F**k me...

sHa_lolbig2.gif

effing love it

Hah, I know. She gave me another diet to dither over......!

I need to research this. Would a red day SW plan be low carb enough?!

:8855:Sorry for laughing at your misfortune Jen, but it just had to be done :D

There are ways of going low carb without going as drastic as Atkins, sw red days may be ok but you'd have to be careful about the fruit and starchy veg intake. You could always stay on ww and just low carb your own way. Its giving you plenty to think about anyway.

I've come to the conclusion that carbs dont like me too and am low carbing myself, its ok so far :D

Ah I don't know Jen - I think it might be a good thing the Doc recommending Atkins. Because you'll have to stick with a plan but you won't be doing it 'to lose weight' you'll be doing it because the doctor said so. Which might make it easier? I dunno, just a thought!

Steak, steak and more steak :D

WE HAVE NEARLY DONE BREAD MONTHHH! HAAAAHHHAAAAHHHAAA!!!!! now gimme that crisp sandwich... oh no wait... ive only gone and give up crisps for march hahaha! :p im a fool... best be a chip butty quickly before 9th and they get shoved out the window too with potato products for lent... prepare for an ever moodier Lou for March and April ;) hehehe hope your weeks started off good! xxxxxx

You're nuts & I heart you!!
No crisps, spuds, etc?! Crazy Lady!
But yes! We have NEARLY done breadban! It ain't actually that tough, I have had maybe two incidences where I thought "I could go for a bacon butty" but it hasn't been so bad I wanted to cry yet!! haha!! x

My niece, we THINK, is allergic to tomato ketchup... The things we take for granted, hey?

KETCHUP!?? Poor kiddie, that's awful. Maybe it's the e-numbers or something in it, that must be really tough for a kid though, ketchup is on everything!

Hi Jen, thought I’d finally come visit you in your own diary as we’re always bumping into each other on other peoples!

Hope you get on OK at the docs. What is it with Doctors receptionists?! Drives me mad. Every time I call for an appointment they ask

“Are you sure you need to see the Doctor?”

Well, I wouldn’t be phoning otherwise would I?!

then its;

“and can I ask why you’re coming to see him?”

Errr. No you bloomin can’t. Do you have a medical degree? Is it any of your business? Honestly. Nightmare.

As for menfolk...I’m lucky enough to have a touchy feely bloke but can relate to BB’s inability to express emotion openly without having palpatations. I once told a boyfriend I loved him for the first time and his reaction was to stare at me, wide eyed in horror, mumble ‘well, that’s nice’ and leave very quickly. I still cringe now when I think about it and it was years ago. :eek:

Men. They’re even worse than Doctors receptionists.

:D Welcome welcome welcome :D
Last week, when I phoned up during the initial "oops I ate goats cheese what do I dooooo", the same receptionist asked if I was in anaphalactic shock (erm, wouldn't I be slightly more DYING if I was??) and then told me to leave it a couple of days and then call if I was still suffering... :rolleyes:

Hahaha I vividly remember the first time I told Biker I loved him. I have typical bloke mentality when it comes to the L word. I burst into tears when I was drunk, he asked what was wrong and I pretty much shouted that I had fallen in love with him so we had to stop seeing each other cos he didn't love me back... :| I then ran off (well stumbled off) and hid in the bathroom, and he was talking to me through the door and said that he loved me too and he wasn't going anywhere... :)
We haven't actually verbally declared that we love each other since. That was january 2010........!

I hope you're feeling a bit better xxx

Your docs text?! Our surgery has one of those dial-a-ring phones, you know what I mean.. the one like they have in Heartbeat.... I really do live in the back of beyond....!!

Jenny? Atkins? But, but, but, but thats like taking away everything you eat... No? :)

Pretty much!!!! Hey Nik :)

:8855:Sorry for laughing at your misfortune Jen, but it just had to be done :D

There are ways of going low carb without going as drastic as Atkins, sw red days may be ok but you'd have to be careful about the fruit and starchy veg intake. You could always stay on ww and just low carb your own way. Its giving you plenty to think about anyway.

I've come to the conclusion that carbs dont like me too and am low carbing myself, its ok so far :D

It is something else to think about... I'll give it that.
Glad that low-carbing is working. I'm not sure really if I could cut them to be honest. I mean, I was vegetarian, I was brought up to base meals on carbs....
I think I need a bit of diet-space.....

Ah I don't know Jen - I think it might be a good thing the Doc recommending Atkins. Because you'll have to stick with a plan but you won't be doing it 'to lose weight' you'll be doing it because the doctor said so. Which might make it easier? I dunno, just a thought!

That does make sense......... :)

Yeap a steak for your meat, a steak for your chips, and a steak for your peas

Mmmmmmmmm steak........

Update on the itchiness - I feel a million times better already. I treated myself to new hair dye. Since the skin problem I have means that I can't swim for a fortnight, I suppose I can do my hair! :D

I don't really know what to do about diets. While I am concentrating on getting this skin thing sorted, I'll keep pointing. But longer term, yes low-carb could be good. Whether through SW Red Days, or a proper low carb plan, I don't know. I don't have to decide right this second. I need to concentrate on one thing at a time and that's me skin just now!!

Plus - I'm off to the chinese on Friday, how can I do chinese without noodles :p

So touched by the support I have received here, you are all amazing female characters, <3 you all xx

Morning campers....
Like I say, I'm just eating at the moment. No particular plan.

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 slices of ham, 100g mushrooms.
Morning snack - cuppa tea...

Makes for an interesting day, huh.

I really do not want to go to work today. Wish I could stay off..

I got to work. I don't, however, understand how if I leave home at 6.55 I get here at 8.15 but if I leave at 7.35 I'm here at 8.30???

Have a good day people!x

Glad the itchiness has improved - I came out all hives like last night but I think I was just feeling under the weather.

I saw your FB about the no-carbs thing - I think it's doable with WW/SW - I would at least give it a go and if you start to feel better you know it may be working :)

Have a great day xxx

Thanks Bex :) hope the hives have cleared up, I get that with my hayfever in the summer, its no fun...

Lunch - I had the steak pie from the canteen. It was essentially stew with a pastry lid, two scoops of mash and boiled veg. I left the pastry and half the mash. Impressed myself!

Feeling a bit up & down today. Up at the moment.. :) x

Up at the moment.. :) x
Brilliant stuff :)

I was thinking about you last night because I was thinking about one of my friends. Basically she had been relatively slim during her teens and then as an adult put on quite a lot of weight. Of course you don't really think anything of it other than that you have 'filled out' as it were. Anyway after years of dieting she cut out gluten altogether and has lost serious amounts of weight. I literally can't believe it! She later found out that she was missing an enzyme which helps to break down flour and stuff.

So there you go - just thought that might interest you. Probably not as much as you steak pie interests me but there we are :D

Have a great day chuck x

Steak pie. Drool. Thank God I don't have access to that at lunchtime. I am amazed at you leaving the pastry. I could NEVER do that.

Love the 'I love you' drama, at least Bikers said it, even if it was only once....and through a bathroom door. :D

Hope the up day continues Jen and that the itching is disappearing fast.

I like a steak pie myself although I only like soggy pasty like fish & chip chops pies after they've been in the microwave :D Well done on leaving the pastry and 1/2 the pots, see low carbing the Jen way :D

Have a lovely evening x

Breakfast - 4 chicken dippers, 2 eggs, 40g low fat cheese
Lunch - 60g Pasta, tin of tuna & tomato dressing
Snack - mini digestives, baked sour cream crisps
Tea - mince & broccoli. Should be mince & tatties but thems the breaks

Scales - down 2lbs. Hurrah!
Sleep - Nope, not much
Work - I turned up, isn't that enough?
Petrol - I have very little. Boo.
Clothes - I'm wearing a skirt. I haven't done that in nearly 4 years...

1) Love that you are wearing a skirt.
2) Chicken dippers for breakfast?! You nutter.
3) Hope the itching is calming a little bit.
4) Mince and broccoli = yummy. I'd rather have broccoli than tatties.
5) Have a lovely day

Scales - down 2lbs. Hurrah!
Sleep - Nope, not much
Work - I turned up, isn't that enough?
Petrol - I have very little. Boo.
Clothes - I'm wearing a skirt. I haven't done that in nearly 4 years...

Well done on the 2lbs off Jen
lol to work, hope its not to bad today hen
ps whats a skirt ? I beat you i've not worn one since i left school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back