Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you get a nice big bunch of flowers hun

xx

Big well done for avoiding the fast food after nasty docs tests.

Hope you get the flowers and chocs I would love to do this to Mr V but wouldnt be fair cos hes got no money so just have to get them for myself.

have a great day

He said that Norway is really pretty, the scenery is fantastic. He doesn't have the facility to send me any pictures yet unfortunately as the cable for his camera is sat right in front of me.... Knew we'd forget something! It doesn't look like he'll be back this week now, but we'll see. He's all excited, he's not much of a fish eater but has tried loads of fish. And reindeer. He said that was good. But he just had "boring beef" tonight.

Me on the other hand, according to the tracker:

B - Strawberry Crisp 50g and 200ml milk [4]
L - 2 rolls, ham salad, and salad cream [5.5]
T - 2 quorn sausages, onion, gravy and potato [6.5]
Pudding - Angel Delight made with skimmed milk [3]
Snack - cheese sandwich [4]

OLD HABIT CAME BACK - CHEESE SANDWICH TO USE UP POINTS...
Jebus.

I still have 4 points left now, I dont think I can physically eat any more..!

Biker's just emailed me to say that the flights are booked for our weekend to London.

Oh.
My.
God.

I did not expect that to ever actually happen, in all honesty.
I need to get this chubb off...

I have 6 weigh ins to then. We'll go for a stone. COME ON. This is SERIOUS NOW..!!

Plan for tomorrow:
B - Scrambled Eggs on toast
L - I need to do something with the leftover sausages from my tea. Sausage wrap maybe? With salad.
T - Pasta, Tuna, tomatoes and spring onion.
Pudding -
mint choc angel delight

PS - I got some lovely peachy roses :) He has great taste hahaha

aww bless him with the roses.. how sweet :)

6 weigh ins til London.. stone is defo doable, if not then damn close to it :D even if you dont make the stone, you'll still feel the difference if you're walking around london :)

Nice incentive to get the next stone off, def doable.

reading your menu and got an ah ha moment - angel delight I like an angel delight not too bad on the points either but I expect you didnt eat the whole packet for 3 points or did you? Am on the search for angel delight tomorrow

Enjoy the roses, I bought myself a bunch of white roses 2 weeks ago and they are just about still alive

Ah Jen....Well done on ur menus...all looking good and healthy chick..xxx

Loving the flowers too!! haha!!..

Have urself a grand old wed....no sorry tuesday!!! xx

:D Yay Biker Boy
has restored all my faith in him haha!!!
Roses and flights booked awesome
have a good day Jen

haha don't sing his praises too much, I sorted the flowers!! :p

How many "day one"'s do I have... Ah well, here goes.!

WI This morning +1lb, which is ok.

B - Scrambled Eggs on toast
Snack - banana, toffee apple yogurt
L - macaroni cheese. The sausages had kinda congealed into a lump and I couldn't face chopping them up this morning!
T - Pasta, Tuna, tomatoes and spring onion.
Pudding - mint choc angel delight

In all honesty, I pretty much guessed the angel delight points. It was a Morrisons mint choc angel delight-type thing, and I made it with Skimmed, not Semi Skimmed milk. I don't think this made any difference to the taste :)
308 cals a packet, and 9g sat fat made up with skimmed rather than semi = Makes it 6.5 points for the full packet, I had about half, so I wasn't too far off with my guess!

I'm actually hungry right now. I'm trying to stop grazing constantly at work, so that I can have a bit of a snack at home when I'm ebaying and watching dvds and generally slobbing about. I manage fine at the weekends because I'm with the bloke, and we're out and about and I'm not bored out of my skull. However at work... Yesterday I was fine because I wasn't at my desk all day, I took 2 hrs off in the morning and was BUSY. Today however, not the same.

I don't understand how the fella manages to have cereal for breakfast, nothing til a roll for lunch and then nothing til his tea. Firstly, if I have cereal, I am famished by 9am... Why am I not like that???

Last edited:
Ey up Jen!
My oh my. BB has certainly redeemed hisself by actually booking the flights to London! Wahoo! Really good incentive for you as well chick. Maybe because it's a nice 'short term' goal which is always great for boosting motivation IMO.

Anyway - have noticed a little change of late. No 2nd brekkie. This, methinks, is good progress that you've not acknowledged of yourself and therefore good job diary peeps are here to do it for you ;) Fab job.

You are not alone Jen. I cant do the nothing in between brekkie and lunch thing myself either. I seem to need stoking up every 4 hours with something, although I do try and keep it low point fruit/yogurt or the like.

Hope you have a fine evening

I'm taking to this like a duck to water..! Well near enough anyway!

Cheese Sarnies struck again last night. Well I say plural, I only had one. It's funny you should say that actually actually about 2nd breakfast though. Yesterday morning I nearly weighed out my tub of cereal and took it to work, but thought no, time to sort this out, and I put the box back in the cupboard!

And the flights!! You'd think it was a month in the bahamas or something, not 3 days in London, I'm so looking forward to it... 45 sleeps!!!

I have gone into strict food mode, have planned all my dinners for the next 3 weeks, except for the weekends as I don't know if I will be at home or at Biker's. We still don't know when he is coming back. This is helping me with budgetting too, which is only a good thing I guess!

Anyways... Todays scoffage:
B - Beans on toast
Snack - apple + yogurt
Lunch - leftover bolognesey chilli type stuff
Snack - wrap with salmon mayo
Tea - Quorn Rogan Josh and rice

In theory this should have me full up. If I point it, I have 9.5 points left. If I calorize it, I have 180 cals left.

Dinner last night was interesting. There I was stood at the hob, frying up some onions and peppers to make into a tuna sauce thing to have with pasta. BOOM. What do I put in, a whole heap of chilli, chilli flakes, and cayenne pepper. I'm not keen on chilli with fish, so I changed it to quorn, and it was lush! I had a dollop with pasta last night, and leftovers for me lunch.

I discovered something yesterday too. I decided to take a trip to the vending machine, and was scrutinising the options for calorie info. They market Maltesers as being healthy, good for you almost, etc etc .. "only 187cals"... That's actually quite a lot!! A kit kat chunky caramel thing is only 263 cals. I settled for a Time Out in the end, it was beautiful and 180cals. I took my phone off the hook for 10 minutes and scoffed it with a cuppa...

I'm giving calories a go. With WW I'm eating for the sake of it, it's not a low enough limit, 27 points. I've stuck to it 95% for a few months, and seen no benefit, so it mustn't be the right plan for me. Plus tomorrow, I'm having steak for tea, and my 325cal steak works out at 14 points...

I think I am stopping at the Tescoids on the way home to stock up on salad-y goodness. Come on 14-off. Bring it.

Gonna have a gooooood catch up tonight, I have neglected peoples.. :( Im trash, sorry....

If I point it, I have 9.5 points left. If I calorize it, I have 180 cals left.

I'm giving calories a go. With WW I'm eating for the sake of it, it's not a low enough limit, 27 points. I've stuck to it 95% for a few months, and seen no benefit, so it mustn't be the right plan for me. Plus tomorrow, I'm having steak for tea, and my 325cal steak works out at 14 points...

:hmm: that is mega confusing about the calories/points comparison, I didn't think it would be so different!

Good luck with the 14 off!

Ah I love come dine with me especially when they're a tad *****y.

Enjoy the steak I love a steak. One advantage of sw was the massive steaks one could munch on a regular basis, probably didnt do the old arteries any good though.

Have a fab Thursday

:D Jen for what my two penerth is worth haha!!!
I'd say well done for coming over to the Ccers way of life, things are much more rosy over here things you never thought possible haha!!
use to bug me how high a gammon steak was on points when calorie wise it ain't that bad at all...
Nope just don't get it....

Chocolate wise, I love the way they do there marketing etc even a kitkat is lower than maltesers ( and this is from someone who don't do choc haha!! )
unless its a curly wurly because its more toffee than choc and is 115 kcals of glorious bliss

That is well random about the 9.5 pts VS 180 calories thing. I would never have thought the difference would be so stark. It is a bit confuddling. I guess they both work in different ways. I'm glad you're not feeling like you can eat just for the sake of it though. I wonder if this is what's making me feel different? I don't feel that restricted because I just eat and then tot up the cals and I just think if I go over - well it's a few over. And I also don't feel bad for going under. Idon't sit there going, 'well, I've got 3 pts left, what else can I scoff?' I'm not really sure why CC feels different considering that it's basically the same principles but in a way it does.

Anyway, sounds all good to me Jen - you deserve a loss this week so I've got my fingers crossed for you. Hope you're having a great day x x x

P.S. Love that bit about the '45 sleeps' :D

unless its a curly wurly...

YAY! CURLY WURLY FAN!!! WOO! :D

And thank you Hannah, yes I am having a good day I think :) Probably because I have a cheesecake staring me in the face going "you're going to eat me soon..."!!!

I have decided. I am not going to put values in things on this diary. I just feel it will be a bit confusing having points and calories and what-not all thrown about, so If anyone wants points for anything I mention, please just ask, I can easily get those for ya :)

We had fun and games yesterday. Turns out Norwegian normal TV doesn't show all the football matches, so last night someone was not a happy bunny. I got a text saying "effin footballs not on :(" so I text him a couple of updates, and no reply. Then got an email "Sorry bad day, and no football put me in a terrible mood".. So I text and said I can get on skype if you wanna talk about it. He logs on a couple of minutes later. "Hi blokey, you ok?"... "Don't wanna talk about it"... Right. Ok. Cue awkward e-silence. So I babbled, and got a couple of one word replies. Hurrah! Easy times, I think not! Using my special Jenny Powers I have drawn the conclusion that he aint coming home tomorrow.

Anyway, in true me-style, I decided after lunch that I didn't want steak n chips for me tea. Grand. I have spent the last 2 days defrosting this hunk of meat in my fridge, it's gotta be eaten. I thought about slicing it up and cooking it with the peppercorn sauce, and having half with pasta tonight, and half in a sarnie tomorrow. I think I'm trying to reduce the calories so that I can squeeze in a bar of choc today. I didn't even really want chocolate, it's just boredom I think. I always do this - make a plan and then deviate horribly. I should stick to my plan, shouldn't I. Show a little restraint. So I did, and I forced myself to have steak n chips for tea. THEN! When I was preparing my chips, and looking at that steak I realised... There's a ruddy great bit of bone in the middle... So I chopped that out, re-weighed it and instead of 256g, it was 172g. BISH BASH BOSH!

Recalculated things and I have enough left for a dessert now. Score!

I feel a stupid dippy moment coming on here. That guy who went and shot loads of people a few weeks ago, now this fugitive in the North East.. The country has gone nuts. It makes me want to hug all those I care about. And that includes my mini's support network. Wub u all for putting up with my dithering, I honestly think I would be wallowing in the pit of depression and the size of a bus if it wasn't for you lot....! Here's to a smaller me!!

My tea was ace, I really enjoyed it. I have gone back to using my smaller plate, and I am not eating on the hoof, or at the computer, or in front of the telly. I am sitting at a table to eat my tea, and taking my time. This has got to be loads better for me. Slow down too.. haha. I wonder how Biker will react when I sit on the floor at his coffee table for tea. Hmm. He'll probably think nowt of it, sure he thinks I am weird in my ways anyway..!

Enjoy the steak I love a steak.

Me tooooo! It was delicious, I very much enjoyed it! My dad makes me laugh though, up until 2009 I was a vegetarian, still pretty new to this meat malarky, and whenever I cook steak, I do it properly, how the Hairy Bikers told me to.
My dad stands there in awe, with an open trap, staring at his little vegetarian daughter making a real proper steak....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back